Never played again.

MetalR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MetalR

Pokemon Red, I had all the fucking 151 pokemon, and I was the only one of my friends to do so.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Persona 4, 40ish hours in.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By JokerSmilez

KOTOR 2 save right after fighting the "floating lightsaber" phase of the last boss. Finally beat that part after trying for about 2 hours, went to save, and my Xbox locked up during the save, thus corrupting it.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#55  Edited By rjpelonia

When I was a kid, I accidentally formatted my brother's PSone memory card filled with numerous clear saves of RPG games. I still feel bad about that to this day.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By Meowayne

Not a game save per se, but I was into Half-Life modding and level creation and RPGmaker2k.

I lost all of my material for both programs in a HDD crash some years ago. Several levels, many lines of code, assets, graphics and demos. Many hundreds of hours of work gone in a poof. 
Never got into it again.

But recently, I lost the save files for my first playthrough of Xenogears, maybe 10 hours in. I plan on starting over on the PSP, but only after I finished FFVII or IX.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By Jeust

I almost lost ME 1 save file. Luckly my laptop came from repairs without a memory wipe.

Hashbrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By Hashbrowns

When my first X360 died, I lost a 120 hour save in Oblivion.  I was more or less done with the game, but losing that character was tough.  I've tried starting new characters, but I just can't go back.
themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By themangalist
@RJPelonia said:
" When I was a kid, I accidentally formatted my brother's PSone memory card filled with numerous clear saves of RPG games. I still feel bad about that to this day. "
you are very brave to step up and admit you were one of those little jackasses who dump someone's proud collection into the open sea. well, not that you are one now, glad to see how they feel after so long.
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60  Edited By Ineedaname

About 8 hours of Demon souls =/

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By RobotHamster

I 100%ed twilight princess, then my wii died.  When nintendo sent me a new wii, I did it all again.  Some kid knocked over my gameboy and corrupted one of my pokemon games.  Thats about it luckily. 

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Ghostiet

My Baldur's Gate 2 save. I finished that game 10 times, but I always kinda failed at ending the Throne of Bhaal expansion. Yeah, I don't want to do the "basic" BG2 the 11th time somehow just to import my guys, though I don't want to go vanilla on ToB too.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Organicalistic_

pokemon red lv 80 without yet beating elite four, and lots of pokemon.

Avatar image for deactivated-65e3079d16391
deactivated-65e3079d16391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

Soul Calibur III. Just as I was making some actual headway in Chronicles of the Sword, I go and make room by deleting some of my older saves, and find out that I can't access it anymore. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Pinkshley1

Bully  at 97%

Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By Computerplayer1

Morrowind file that was like 400 hours in lol.

Didn't stop me from starting all over though. Game is too good.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67  Edited By haggis

My best Fallout 3 save got corrupted, at about 80 hours, along with the other five or six (covering thirty or forty hours of play) for that character. Very frustrating. Enough that I stopped playing altogether. Mostly, though, I've become careful (maybe even a bit too careful) about saves. I oversave in just about any game that allows it for just that reason.

callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By callumbay

100 hours on Plants Vs. Zombies :(

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee

All my Mass Effect 1 saves when my 360 got stolen.

Izaak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Izaak

Final Fantasy 10, around 30 hours in.  
Multiple Timesplitters: Future Perfect ones with all characters unlocked (those files constantly got corrupted).  

I'm also annoyed that I deleted my Fable 2 save now that I've heard your Fable 3 character is the Fable 2 one's offspring. 

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AgentofChaos

Oh, now I remember a good save file I lost. I had the easy, medium, and half of the hard 5 starred in guitar hero 2. Corrupted save, don't really want to waste my time with those difficulties again.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Jack268

Accidentally deleting a Ratchet & Clank 1 save with 1 million(Yep. 1,000,000) bolts. I played that save so much, it was a freaking part of me. :(

Terry_Bogard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Terry_Bogard

I accidentally deleted my best FAllout 3 save.. like 150 hours and every weapon. >,<  

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#74  Edited By artofwar420

I had this PS2 memory card and my PS2 was stolen along with it. I felt worse for losing my memory card than the actual PS2. I had RE4, GTA SA, VC, and a bunch of other games, but the thing is that I had already finished those games. I felt kinda bad, but not "kill me now" bad. I felt like I've already gotten everything I could from those games, sure it's a shame that my 100% in GTA SA and VC is lost, but really all I got was a lousy t-shirt.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Toxin066

I never finished Sonic Adventure on the dreamcast because my save got corrupted or something. I was JUST before the fight with the final form of Chaos.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By subject2change

Had one of those mega memory cards for my PS1. Once I got my PS3 I found my old PS1 and the cards in it. Lost my FFVII and FFIX saves, was kinda disappointed but really didn't care; as i would of never used those files again most likely and would of just replayed from the start.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nothing too bad just phoenix wright TT kept me from playing the series UNTIL NOW.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By hatking
@Evilsbane said:
" @HatKing said:
" About two years ago I had a break in and amoung the stuff stolen was my 360 with HDD attached.  Here are a few of the save files I had lost: A 100% GTAIV save All of my Mass Effect 1 saves My Burnout Paradise complete save Countless rented and other games I owned  Amoung the things not stolen, the 360 power chord.  Poetic irony. "
I feel your pain brother, I had the exact same thing happy, except they got my power cord to...Mass Effect one saves, Viking save (Was on the Last island), Too Human save, thank god your account can be recovered. "

Yeah I actually got pretty luck with the whole thing.  He didn't take the power chord and he didn't notice the massive DVD case full of games next to the system.  The only game inside the system was a rented copy of Overlord from GameFly, which I just ended up paying the $7.50 "keep it" price with a small part of the insurance money.  The really great thing is that with the money I got from the insurance company I was able to buy a new 360 with a HDMI port and a bigger HDD than the one I had.  Not to mention upgrade of all the other shit that was stolen (like my laptop).
Camurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Camurai

Right in the middle of the PS2's heyday, My sister decided I wasn't good enough for my trusty memory card and broke it. So, I lost most of my ps2 save files.
 Not really a technical problem but It counts, and it sucked.
 I also remember losing my Twilight Princess progress when I was about 70% through.
I take good care of my 360 HDD so losses on that are much more rare.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By Shadow

I played and replayed Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes many, many times and unlocked pretty much everything there was to unlock, but accidentally deleted the wrong file in the Gamecube memory card management system, and lost all that progress.  This was less of a big deal because I long since stopped playing it, but I also lost about 70 hours worth of X-Wing VS Tie Fighter save data when the first computer our family ever owned, stopped working.

tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By tallTuck94

about 80-90% of broken sword on the ps1
i was sooo pissed 
also a couple of 30-40 hour fallout saves

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#82  Edited By Kyreo
@ajamafalous said:
" My completed Pokémon Red save with 151 Pokémon in the Pokédex. My mom let my brother play it when he was in like kindergarten (meaning he couldn't even read) and he saved over my file.    Fuck, I'm getting mad again just thinking about it. "
Dude, I know how little siblings can be.  Come here... *hugsyou* Everythings gonna be okay.  Nobody can hurt you now...
luchadeer797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By luchadeer797

my 100% completion of brutal legend, put me back to 15-20%, so god damn annoying.
august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By august

90 hour Morrowind goty XBox save

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Chyro

I used to be a hardcore Armored Core player.  I had every item from the first 3 games.  You could bring in your save from the previous games like Mass Effect.  My mech was insanely powerful.  I still remember that cheap ass weapon the finger machine gun.  Weighed basically nothing and it was just a giant cone of bullets coming out from it.  

Also had a Morrowind save, was guild master and had my own fort, beat every fighter quest and I think a whole other tree of quests from a different one.  Had my Spear of Bitter Mercy and a full set of Daedric armor.  Had all the uber items lying in my fort on benches and tables.  I was a walking behemoth.  Was 3/4 the way through my story quests when I lost it because my friend  tore open his xbox to fix the DVD drive.  Yes.  Literally ripped open the plastic with a hammer to clean off dust from the lens.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Hot_Karl

My Pokemon Red save- I beat the 8 Gym Leaders and had 145 of the 150 (151?) Pokemon. I brought my Game Boy to my aunt's house, where one of my cousins helped me further my progress in the game. I wake up the next day to find that his little sister started a new save file over that game.  

It sucked so bad, but I just started fresh and cheated my way on that game. The Blue version I had already had a ton of Pokemon on it, so it wasn't a super huge deal.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By cstrang
@Spiral_Stars said:
" Mass Effect two weeks before Mass Effect 2 came out. "
This.  Exactly, actually.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumped about fifty hours into Midnight Club: Los Angeles, which is sort of an excruciating game with equally excruciating achievements. Then the game locked up while it was autosaving. Lost all my progress. Still burned over that one. 

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#89  Edited By Little_Socrates

Switching to a new Xbox 360 harddrive and losing ALL my old save data. XP

raggedglory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By raggedglory

Legend of Dragoon, middle of disk 3.  That or Pokemon Red with all 151 and that cool but useless diploma.  Feels bad man.

blaze503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By blaze503

Far Cry 2, did every side quest and had almost every gun and was apparently almost done and my save file got corrupt i was pissed off.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#92  Edited By TheMasterDS

Worst was when my main Gamecube memory thing fucked up, losing my progress on a variety of games. There have probably been more recent ones, but none have been nearly as impactful as that.

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Tomzombie

Turok  1 game on PC GOT to LVL 7 in fawll sweep i saved i was on the triceratops boss with the rocket launcher  and what happens god dam step mom Throws water on the good DAM system the day i got to it after i was gone for like 3 or 4 hours  it was intentionally of course.  man i was mad as hell i was like 7 or 8 when that happened 1998 or 1997.  thank good my dad divorced her.  resons for her doing it hell if i know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Pokemon Yellow. I had all 151 monsters including Mew and Surfing Pikachu but my sister erased them all because she wanted to start a new game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Spiral_Stars said:
" Mass Effect two weeks before Mass Effect 2 came out. "
Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#97  Edited By Trilogy

I got the Carth Onasi glitch in KOTOR about 45 hours in.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

#98  Edited By Shaunage

I lost my end of disk 2 Blue Dragon save and just never went back. I'll never finish that game.
Also lost a save 2 goals from 100%ing Tony Hawk's Project 8. Some of you might know how hard that is.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By tunaburn

final fantasy 7. i had beaten emerald weapon and was working on beating ruby. had beaten the game. had a whole kennel full of gold chocobos. was in the high lvl 80s with main characters. had of course knights of the round and omnislash. had vincent and his final limit. and then, my friend saved over my game with the first possible save point in the damn game! why must he start a new game with my memory card in?!! i still get angry thinking about it.....

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Synthballs

My Pokemon Red save that had 3 Mews all legitimate from a Pokemon event.

I was ready to kill.