• 145 results
citan359

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By citan359

Searched for Wind Waker and didn't see it posted. The slider puzzles are the worst thing ever in one of the best games ever. The contrast is undeniable.

Also its doubly bad because its not like it was a mechanic that just didn't pan out, it is a known terrible thing just sorta shoved into a section of the game.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

All of Metal Gear Solid.

What the fuck is this shit.

I don't know if you'd really call it a mini game, but the section in Bayonetta where you control the missile flying across the lake. Huge blemish on an otherwise great game.

Seeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Well, the "Tug O'War" minigame in Mario Party led to me physically damaging the palm of my hand with the N64 analog stick as a kid, so I'm going to go with that one.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

@bigboss1911: It's an homage to an old Sega Arcade called Fantasy Zone. Thought it was fun myself if nothing else because of the whole cheeky parody of it.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#105  Edited By Nodima

Seeing the Kingdom Hearts Gummi Ship not occupying every single one of these posts is a sin.

Gerorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVE blitzball. I never even trade out players. I like to the OG team. I just grind experience in the beginning by passing the ball to every player as much as possible. As long as you get the Jecht Shot from the flashback by successfullly pulling it off, the Jecht Shot is a broken. As you level up, Tidus and the other "forward" are some of the fastest players in the game and you can swim circles around everyone. Score a point, grind some experience, win. As you level you start getting all kinds of moves like auto-dodging, super catching, poison, and all kinds of effects. It's stats are clear as day, move descriptions also pretty obvious, experience and levels are easy to see... it's great.

On the other hand I tried replaying FFIX on my vita... and I was trying to earn some cards for Tetra master doing the jump rope game in the beginning. And then I looked it up at how many successes I have to do in a row, as the jump roping gets faster and faster... and it's all bullshit. At least with the lightning dodging in FFX you can take breaks from the lightning strikes by staying close to the lightning rod towers so you can stretch and rest your eyes. The jump roping is impossible as far as I'm concerned.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By myniceicelife

Usually any timed puzzle mini-game. Now here is where things go bad. Blitzball was my favorite part of FFX when I first played it. Hated it at first but grew to love it. Actually quit playing FFX when I couldn't play it anymore (I think it was that and the airship boss fight).

DirtyBirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By DirtyBirdy

Press F to pay respects. Worst mini-game ever.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By soulcake

Bill Gates your wrong !

Fusion Frenzy is GARBAGE!.

Loading Video...

I also wanna add every game Hudson made that isn't bomberman or dolphyrace is Garbage!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Up until recently it would have been Dodge the Lightning in FFX. However a new mini game phenom has taken over.

FISHING

The inclusion of fishing as a mini game is a madness we need to stop. It's in everything anymore. Nier Automata, FFXV hell even Everybody's Golf had fishing.

Stop this madness.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This is an awful minigame that proved AC3 was designed by a committee that said no to nothing, and threw everything and the kitchen sink.

They developed this mechanic for a single sidequest? The advantages of having infinite budget...
They developed this mechanic for a single sidequest? The advantages of having infinite budget...

But, by far, this is the worst minigame I have played:

No Caption Provided

They feature it heavily in marketing material, including concept arts, preview images and trailers... and why not? The mere concept is one that has a lot of potential for epicness. However, the execution is so piss poor one has to wonder if anyone (anyone) on the team actually playtested it. Simply picking up a controller and trying it would have been enough to recognize there were problems... Between the painstakingly slow and finicky way they chose to portrait it, to the random fighters spawning endlessly and knocking you out of the animation every few seconds (even in the lower difficulties), and the fact is a story segment, which means you can't advance in the game unless you complete it, makes this an absolute dealbreaker.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Any/ALL of the minigames in 3D Dot Game Heroes.

The precision needed with the really bad framerate issues makes them mostly impossible.

Tai5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Tai5000

Damn near any mini game in the Sly Cooper series.

keoskey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

He owns 4 copys now if his wife forced him to buy a PS4 Copy

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I recently started playing Kingdom hearts: Birth by Sleep and man...

What the fuck is up with the Command Board? It's like a shitty 15+ minute long kinda-optional-but-really-important low-rent knock off-ass Monopoly that ties directly into the skills and abilities you can equip. It's such a terrible slog and it's almost entirely luck-based. I wish I could completely gut it from the game because even being aware of it existing makes me want to play the proper game less. it sucks so much.

Champ5auce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Mario Party 6 there is a minigame called "Odd Card Out" where it shows 3 images and you have to choose which one is slightly different. Pretty classic spot the difference, but there's one fatal flaw. The game only looks for the first person to input a choice every round. After that realization it very quickly devolves into 4 players mashing every option as fast as possible to be first and hoping they get lucky. Also, you need TWO points to win. Eventually the game just gives up and nobody wins. Classic Mario Party.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blitzball

Tempa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue Legacy the knive/Axte throwing minigame.

There was an achievment for clearing the minigame but it frustrated me so much that it was the last i had left.

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ice Cream Beat in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep HD. I hear it actually worked better on the original version, but on PS3 there was some nasty latency you had to just instinctively learn, and it's a rhythm game...

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

People who say Blitzball are nuts. Dodging the lightning is the real enemy.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#128  Edited By Captain_Insano

In original Mario Party there was a minigame where you had to power up a light by rotating the analogue stick as fast as you could. We'd use middle of the palm as the quickest method.

It broke both the controller and your hand.

It was bad

https://www.mariowiki.com/Pedal_Power

Accolade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The harp-playing minigame in Skyward Sword made me throw the wiimote at a box and quit the game, never to return.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dabria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're not the worst, but I don't like mini-games where you're a waitress and you need to remember several people's orders. The Tales Of series likes to throw these in for costumes, so I feel obligated to do them, but they're always a bit of a chore.

chibi_kaji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By chibi_kaji
@onemanarmyy said:

People who say Blitzball are nuts. Dodging the lightning is the real enemy.

I would rather dodge 100 lightning bolts than ever play Blitzball again.

I must have blocked it out but I just remembered the true final boss fight in Drakengard 3. The whole game is an ok action game and you make to the finish and all of the sudden it becomes a... rhythm mini game? Which might be fine if you didn't have to basically get perfect. I tried a few times and just gave up.

Loading Video...

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blitzball (ffx) and Spherechange (ffx-2)

I've felt like it's something I have to play, although they were paradoxly optional. You know that feeling?

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By TheChris

@chibi_kaji: Wait...... hold the frickin phone, wasn't that in Drakengard 1? Did Taro repeat himself with Drakengard with regards to Ending D? Well, I suppose that's not surprising as he did the same with Nier but still, lol!

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb014b65074f
deactivated-5bb014b65074f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played it myself, but watching Yakuza 0... The telephone mini game seems atrocious.

One I have played myself... The computer hacking minigames in GTA Online... With a mouse, impossible to control :'(

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The telephone minigame is excellent, you cray cray. The catfight though...

pg77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo: I agree. This mini game was terrible. Conceptually, this idea could work today or on a future console, the PS2 was not powerful enough to realize the idea.

Avatar image for lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about the worst but I will say I've always hated horse racing minigames in every game I've ever encountered them in.

Also that shitty baseball minigame from A Link Between Worlds completely confounded me. My inputs seemed to bear zero relation to what happened on screen. I played it again and again thinking there must be something I was missing and that eventually it would click but it never did.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Mario Speedwagons in Mario Party 4 is some bullshit.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dichemstys: Waitwaitwaitwaitwait.

Is the game actually called Mario Speedwagon? That’s amazing!

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#147  Edited By Cybexx

The motion controlled ball rolling mini-game in the Vita version of Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation is some straight up broken nonsense. The motion controls make no sense whatsoever with how you think it would work. It is just pure luck and determination to finish those and they are mandatory. I assume the HD ports of that game either removed them or work better with stick controls.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers