Worth getting a Wii?

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By atejas

Ok, we all know what happened this year, but what about the existing games, and the ones they say they're making(Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc), are those worth getting the Wii for?

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DirrtyNinja

No

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Karmum

I think SSBB is great, Twilight Princess was good, and so was Mario Galaxy, if you have enough games that you are interested in, then it should be worth it to you.

Jandurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jandurin

If it's not already worth it to you, I'd wait until those games actually come out.

nakke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nakke

Especially if you have young children/young siblings I'd say it's worth it.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By atejas
Jandurin said:
"If it's not already worth it to you, I'd wait until those games actually come out."

Or at least till they send out a gameplay vid or something.....
Bladefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Bladefire

I'd say no, I haven't used my Wii in around a year.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Disgaeamad

It depends, really. If you're interested in Mario, Zelda and Metroid, yet you haven't purchased Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy and Metroid 3, then yes, I'd say it's worth buying a Wii. There's also other great games like Super Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, No More Heroes, etc.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By atejas

I may also say that I already own a 360, so this isnt my only source of entertainment or anything.

Kloreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kloreep

Since you haven't mentioned any specific games - and you're actually asking - I can assume there aren't any MUST HAVE games for you. So my answer would be: wait and see if you can manage to get through all the 360 games you want to play. If that happens (or has happened) then a Wii would probably be worth your money - but that's just my opinion.

Personally, the Wii is the only console I own, but that's as much because I would rather buy a Wii at this point in time than a 360. I imagine I will end up with a 360 or its successor eventually, or possibly even a PS3.

What sorts of games would you be looking for with the Wii? The Wii's catalogue is a bit odd right now. If more niche titles like Okami or Zack & Wiki appeal, you'll certainly get more mileage out of it than if you just want the core Mario-Zelda-Metroid. Personally, I've enjoyed the heck out of Boom Blox.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Mushir

Dude its totally worth it. There are a bunch of Wii games that didn't get as much attention as they should have gotten. Zack and Wiki, WarioWare, Mario Strikers Charged, SSX Blur, Okami, No more Heroes, Geometry Wars. Also there are games that look very promising that are coming out like MadWorld, The Conduit, COD 5, Force Unleashed. Not to mention games like Galaxy, LOZ TP, MP3 and SSBB which are must buys.

Blackoutt21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blackoutt21

i like my wii, however i must say my 360 has gotten ALOT more play time than  my wii. Give it a chance, hopefully nintendo begins making some sequels to gamecube games, like pikmin and luigi's mansion.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By atejas
Twilight said:
"Dude its totally worth it. There are a bunch of Wii games that didn't get as much attention as they should have gotten. Zack and Wiki, WarioWare, Mario Strikers Charged, SSX Blur, Okami, No more Heroes, Geometry Wars. Also there are games that look very promising that are coming out like MadWorld, The Conduit, COD 5, Force Unleashed. Not to mention games like Galaxy, LOZ TP, MP3 and SSBB which are must buys."

True, true. But it's still expensive and hard to procure in India, so at the very least, I'm waiting till December.
Plus I'll probably get TFU for the 360. Dont trust Lucasarts totranslate a Star Wars multiplat into good Wii controls
JibaaJabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By JibaaJabba

I have one but i rarely play it.
Its mainly my girlfriends now, She loves Wii-Fit i have yet to step on the balance board since i bought it.

But is it worth getting i would have to say yes if only for the Wii Ware/Virtual Console game's but if i was you i would save my money until they fix the space issue.

Residentrevil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Residentrevil2

I really wanted one before this E3.  Now, I don't think I'm gonna get one.  I'll just stick with my 360.

"Why so serious?"

SixStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SixStar

You know, I used to be a Nintendo fanboy. The worst kind to.  I would buy damn near every one of their first party releases and fall in love with it, even though it was essentially the exact same game as the one that came before it.  They never pushed the envelope or tried to be innovative, hell before the wii their biggest attempt at making games more mainstream was making the gamecube look like a lunchbox.  I heard all the criticisms and I didn't care because their games were one thing that most others weren't, fun.  So when the wii was announced I was ecstatic, my friends and  I would stay up at night speculating over the new controller.  When launch day hit, I camped outside to get one, paid 250 dollars, played it for a week, then forgot about it.  The fact is Nintendo doesn't give a rat's ass about their "core" fans anymore, they are just targeting the soccer moms who only buy a wii so they can play Mario Party 8.  But hey, if it's working for them then so be it.

To answer your question, don't get a wii.  Noone ever believes me, but if you get it it'll be great for a week or two then you'll get completely bored with it, and since there are no new games on the horizion (I would call animal crossing a new game, but in my eyes it's the exact same as all the others, except of course for the much needed hair stylist added to the series), I'd have to reccomend passing on it.  Unless of course you're a huge fan of Mario Party 8.

K2Valor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By K2Valor

No, don't do it. I got a Wii for the following : Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, and Metroid Prime 3.
While all 3 games are awesome, imo, besides a few choice games there is nothing more.
It loses its charm after about a month, and after that it just gets boring.

Anyways, if you want a Wii, I just put mine up on eBay. =P

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By atejas

I wish I could start a poll......
SixStar said:

To answer your question, don't get a wii.  Noone ever believes me, but if you get it it'll be great for a week or two then you'll get completely bored with it, and since there are no new games on the horizion (I would call animal crossing a new game, but in my eyes it's the exact same as all the others, except of course for the much needed hair stylist added to the series), I'd have to reccomend passing on it.  Unless of course you're a huge fan of Mario Party 8.
"

Depends how you define horizon. Like I said, they're developing new games from their core series.
OblivionGuy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By OblivionGuy07

Yeah get it, especially since it is the cheapest one of the big 3. Thankfully you aren't like me who played through all of the great games and has to wait for some new ones...none of which seemed appealing thanks to E3 >.>
But yeah, get one

SixStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SixStar
atejas said:
Depends how you define horizon. Like I said, they're developing new games from their core series."
Which? The only one I've heard about is pikmin.  If you really want to play the rare first party game, I'd recommend buying a wii when said game comes out then selling the system and all on ebay when you're done.  Better than having it catch dust