Would anyone else be into a playthru of Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines?

baltaronsteam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was just chatting with a friend about Vampyr and we got to talking about Bloodlines and just realized its probably not a game id go thru again - but i could totally see it being a cool series for Giantbomb to play through. Its rough around the edges these days but not many people got to play it, and for those of you who missed out on it - its basically Deus Ex gameplay, but with different races of vampires with different skills

Just thought this might make for a cool game for one of the coasts to try to do a playthru of - it was pretty damn cool when it came out... too bad about the developers getting shut down though

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be into that. I liked it back in the day and have wondered how it holds up the last couple of years but like you wouldn't go back to play it again.

There are a decent amount of obstacles though, even outside of whether or not anyone at Giantbomb would even be into doing a playthrough. The game has some compatibility issues with more current OS's I believe and because of the bad optimization, the game run janky regardless of how powerful a pc is.

It would be nice to see a Giantbomb Malkavion playthrough. Always heard that was probably the best type to play as from a narrative perspective but a Nosferatu would be interesting as well.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate to be that guy, but I don’t think they base their occasional playthrough features on requests/suggestions from users. Playdates and QLs maybe at times, but even those are usually just one-offs.

Not sure if anyone of them would even be into this game. Maybe Vinny? Austin probably, but I don’t think he has time to drop by from Waypoint for a +20 hour game, which would take them months.

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Matt Kessler and Steve played some back when they were interns.

fang273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it for the first time last month and was still hugely impressed. I can't see them ERing it, but I'm going to play through again soon with the unofficial patch and as Malkavian (big changes to the dialogue).