Posted by lase (14 posts) 14 days, 7 hours ago

Poll: Would you prefer separate podcasts by Category (Style, Music, etc.) for GOTY Discussions? (52 votes)

Yes 31%
No 69%

The past few years I've really stalled out listening to the hours upon hours of deliberations, mostly due to the length of any of the individual casts. Things really start to run together with many of the same games being brought up frequently, and I think it can be hard to pay attention to. This leads to me not hearing a category I might be interested in because I got tired of listening 2 hours in.

I just wanted to get others thoughts, as it seems like topic based podcasts would be a lot easier to parse/revisit than the current Day based system.

#1 Posted by Rejizzle (1024 posts) -

I like to listen to the GOTY discussion chronologically, and find that more difficult to do when the podcasts are broken up into categories.

#2 Posted by Efesell (4073 posts) -

That's a lot to clog up a feed when you could just...have some time stamps or somethin.

#3 Posted by nutter (1631 posts) -

As long as none of that unique deliberation pain is edited out, I’d love one file per category. Figure it out in editing, just don’t let it impact the room.

#4 Posted by Wemibelle (2615 posts) -

They already separate it out in the video versions, so I don't see why they couldn't do the same for the podcasts too. It's nice knowing exactly how long a category will be and not having to remember some timestamp in the middle of a podcast if I don't finish an entire one.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
#5 Posted by Redhotchilimist (2874 posts) -

I only need timestamps really.

#6 Posted by inevpatoria (7380 posts) -

@rejizzle said:

I like to listen to the GOTY discussion chronologically, and find that more difficult to do when the podcasts are broken up into categories.

Yeah, this. In some respect I care a lot less about the actual awards and way more about the war of attrition the poor team has to endure over the course of the deliberations.

THAT SAID, if you are interested in seeing specific categories broken out there is definitely an argument to be made for a more user-friendly experience. Although the way the web-content is organized tries to address some of that.

#7 Posted by Alias (30 posts) -

Yeah I'd rather just have a single YouTube video that's timestamped rather than individual episodes for each category