Wouldn't it be better if Sony owned Pokemon?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sooty
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sooty

I've long wanted a Pokemon RPG on a console with added levels of visual quality and depth. 

It seems a shame that Sony don't own it. I think there'd be a lot of potential with the whole continue the experience on your portable console thing. (Hey, transfarring)

Has anybody else wanted them to step it up and release a Pokemon RPG on a console? I don't think Nintendo are going to do it, they didn't attempt it with the Wii or Gamecube.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

How? Wouldn't it be better if Nintendo just released a decent Pokémon MMORPG?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sooty
@Video_Game_King said:
How? Wouldn't it be better if Nintendo just released a decent Pokémon MMORPG?
Well Sony might have seen incentive in doing it with PSV --> PS3 --> PSV connectivity, I don't think Nintendo are going to do anything but make more handheld titles and spin offs.

I would totally be interested in some crazy Pokemon MMORPG.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Akeldama

I am still amazed that Pokemon has lasted this long. Grow up, people.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

How... does this make any sense at all? 

@Akeldama said: 

Pokémon has lasted this long because, surprisingly, people are growing up and newer generations of kids are buying the newer games.
DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

what the flying fudge is up with the Rebecca Black option ?
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sooty
@FluxWaveZ said:
Because Pokemon would be great for transfarring. The Wii U doesn't have that with the 3DS, or does it?
FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By FateOfNever
@Akeldama said:

People do grow up, and then Pokemon appeals to a new generation, and it continues to make money.  Pokemon isn't just appealing and selling to the same people that played the original Red/Blue on the black and white Game Boy.

edit:  Also, no.  Because if Sony owned Pokemon, it would be floundering and almost dead by now.  The disaster that is/was the PSP would have come close to killing it.  If you're just talking about picking it up now from Nintendo, that also probably wouldn't do Pokemon much good because Sony would probably screw up a good thing by having no idea who to market it to or how to market it to them.  

I think it would be interesting to have something more resembling an actual, proper Pokemon game on home consoles, I could actually see it looking really good on the Wii U, no less, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening.  But, think about the Wii U, you could have all of the battle options on the controller, and have the main screen completely dedicated to the action (and if they did the work, the more elaborate battles).  But, since Pokemon pulls in so much money with nothing but spin-offs and the main game strictly on the hand-helds, I wouldn't actually expect a proper Pokemon game to ever come to a console, though I would be pleasantly surprised if it did.  Though, I'm also not sure it would fare that well, or feel the same.
MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By MisterChief

@Ygg: Why Sony?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel

@Ygg said:

@FluxWaveZ said:
Because Pokemon would be great for transfarring. The Wii U doesn't have that with the 3DS, or does it?

They haven't said anything, but given that the DS and Wii can communicate with each other, there's nothing to suggest that the 3DS won't be able to transfer data too and from the Wii U.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sooty

I'm going to take up PS3 & PSV development and start my own Pokemon clone. I will then go forward with this transfarring idea and laugh at you all while sitting on my tower of money.

The first 'mon will be called Bombkast.

@MisterChief

said:

The transfarring stuff shown at E3 was pretty impressive, Pokemon would be great for it, they could release the two versions side by side and give a better experience for people playing at home while retaining the option for portable play too.

Just seems like Sony have the tech in place with the Vita and PS3. Don't even know what made me think of this to be honest.
Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Don't they already do that with Monster Hunter? They don't have a monopoly on it, and Monster Hunter isn't similar to Pokemon at all, but both games heavily feature monster hunting. Think about it.

Sorasha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sorasha

I think it's entirely possible that the Poke'dex 3DSware is just Nintendo testing the water and judging people's reaction to fully 3D pokemon.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

Don't they already do that with Monster Hunter? They don't have a monopoly on it, and Monster Hunter isn't similar to Pokemon at all, but both games heavily feature monster hunting. Think about it.

Monster Hunter is a Capcom property that isn't exclusive to any particular brand of platform.

@Ygg said:

I'm going to take up PS3 & PSV development and start my own Pokemon clone. I will then go forward with this transfarring idea and laugh at you all while sitting on my tower of money.

@MisterChief

said:

The transfarring stuff shown at E3 was pretty impressive, Pokemon would be great for it, they could release the two versions side by side and give a better experience for people playing at home while retaining the option for portable play too. Just seems like Sony have the tech in place with the Vita and PS3. Don't even know what made me think of this to be honest.

I think you're in in the minority when it comes to finding transfarring impressive. Also, transfarring was cooked up by Konami, not Sony.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@Hailinel: That's what I meant when I said they didn't have a monopoly on it.
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By ReyGitano

This is random.

Wouldn't it be better if Warner Bros owned Street Fighter? Then we could get an excellent story mode for that game.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sooty
@Hailinel said:

@Ygg said:

@MisterChief

said:

The transfarring stuff shown at E3 was pretty impressive, Pokemon would be great for it, they could release the two versions side by side and give a better experience for people playing at home while retaining the option for portable play too. Just seems like Sony have the tech in place with the Vita and PS3. Don't even know what made me think of this to be honest.

I think you're in in the minority when it comes to finding transfarring impressive. Also, transfarring was cooked up by Konami, not Sony.

I was just using the term transfarring, I know that Sony didn't create it. I don't know what else to call the PS3/PSV connectivity Sony showed at E3.

I'm not really bothered about it but I think in Pokemons case it would work really well.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iam3green

i wouldn't think so. 

all nintendo has to is make a decent game for consoles. i am waiting for a console game kind of like what pokemon stadium just being able to walk like on the handhelds. i dont' see that happening since nintendo hasn't made it yet since it's been out for like 11 years now. 

it would be cooler if it was the original 150 pokemon also. it's the only pokemon that i liked. i stopped watching and playing once there was more pokemon out.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Akeldama

@FateOfNever said:

@Akeldama said:

People do grow up, and then Pokemon appeals to a new generation, and it continues to make money. Pokemon isn't just appealing and selling to the same people that played the original Red/Blue on the black and white Game Boy.

I am not talking about 10 year old kids. I know full grown adults who still play Pokemon and it astounds me.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FateOfNever
@Akeldama said:

@FateOfNever said:

@Akeldama said:

People do grow up, and then Pokemon appeals to a new generation, and it continues to make money. Pokemon isn't just appealing and selling to the same people that played the original Red/Blue on the black and white Game Boy.

I am not talking about 10 year old kids. I know full grown adults who still play Pokemon and it astounds me.

Why?  There are people that played the original Final Fantasy or the original Dragon Quest that still play those games today.  Why is Pokemon that different?  Is it because it has 'cute' monsters in it that you collect?  is it because it doesn't have a deep, serious story?  Why should that matter?  Tetris doesn't have a deep, serious story, and yet people play that.  Or what about something like Viva Pinata?  Adults play that game, despite having more of an "cutesy" style.  So what is it that makes Pokemon so different?  Or is it just that you consider it something for children with little to no basis and would prefer to keep it that way?
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By shirogane
@Akeldama said:

@FateOfNever said:

@Akeldama said:

Nostalgia.
Mallard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mallard

My Balbasaur needs more 1080pees!

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shirogane said:
@Akeldama said:

@FateOfNever said:

@Akeldama said:

Nostalgia.
and hipsters
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I still wouldn't care, but yeah probably. Most things would be better out of Nintendo's hands.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Akeldama

@FateOfNever said:

@Akeldama said:

@FateOfNever said:

@Akeldama said:

Why? There are people that played the original Final Fantasy or the original Dragon Quest that still play those games today. Why is Pokemon that different? Is it because it has 'cute' monsters in it that you collect? is it because it doesn't have a deep, serious story? Why should that matter? Tetris doesn't have a deep, serious story, and yet people play that. Or what about something like Viva Pinata? Adults play that game, despite having more of an "cutesy" style. So what is it that makes Pokemon so different? Or is it just that you consider it something for children with little to no basis and would prefer to keep it that way?

@Shirogane said:

@Akeldama said:

@FateOfNever said:

@Akeldama said:

Nostalgia.

First off, its not nostalgia when they have been releasing the same game over and over every year or two since forever. These people I am talking about are not the type to play games for that reason. They legitimately find Pokemon interesting even now and it astounds me. That's it, that's all.

lawlerballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lawlerballer

fun fun fun

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By Yummylee
@lawlerballer said:
fun fun fun
fun
Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rockdalf
@Akeldama said:

@FateOfNever said:

@Akeldama said:

@FateOfNever said:

@Akeldama said:

Why? There are people that played the original Final Fantasy or the original Dragon Quest that still play those games today. Why is Pokemon that different? Is it because it has 'cute' monsters in it that you collect? is it because it doesn't have a deep, serious story? Why should that matter? Tetris doesn't have a deep, serious story, and yet people play that. Or what about something like Viva Pinata? Adults play that game, despite having more of an "cutesy" style. So what is it that makes Pokemon so different? Or is it just that you consider it something for children with little to no basis and would prefer to keep it that way?

@Shirogane said:

@Akeldama said:

@FateOfNever said:

@Akeldama said:

Nostalgia.

First off, its not nostalgia when they have been releasing the same game over and over every year or two since forever. These people I am talking about are not the type to play games for that reason. They legitimately find Pokemon interesting even now and it astounds me. That's it, that's all.

Translated:  I don't feel like an adult unless I shit on things that are marketed towards a younger generation.  Pokemon is one of the most solid and original rpg on the market.  No other RPG has mimic'd it's formula and reached anything close to it's success.  I'm 23 and consider myself a fully functional adult (at least the two children I raise do) and I still bought a DSi with the sole intention of playing Pokemon White.   

Grow up and learn to understand people may enjoy things that don't interest you, you'll be a better person for it. 

Sincerely, 
 Rockdalf
BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BombKareshi
@DEMONOLOGY_24: Followed for your avatar. Fool!