WTF Blizzard???

woltkezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By woltkezero

Playing WOW and getting Lunar Achievments today early moring, Hearthstoned to dalaran and looking around I never really explored the city.  I come to a fountain in the middle I click on the info panel on it and low and behold I See the Freaking ending to the Game..... WTF Blizzard?????? 

I'm only level 57....   
This really sucked (the cinematic was great though) I saw it too early (WAY TOO EARLY). 

Anybody else do this by accident. 
I cant believe it...

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138
@woltkezero: you didn't look it up on youtube before hand ? really ?
nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By nanikore

First of all, it's not the ending to the game.  

Second of all, everyone knows Arthas was going to die. What are you doing in Dalaran at level 57 anyway? You should be in Shattrath.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai

lol caring about WoW's story.

FrequentBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By FrequentBeast

Cant tell if this is a joke post or not

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pinkshley1

You should take that as a sign from a higher power you need to stop playing WoW now.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

Don't get too worked up over it. It's not the ending of WoW just of this particular storyline.
Also not that great from a lolore standpoint as it doesn't really change the status quo situation that much in Azeroth.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gabriel
@woltkezero said:
" @Pinkshley1 said:
"You should take that as a sign from a higher power you need to stop playing WoW now. "
..........  I just don't know how to respond to that..... "
First step is to admit the problem.
JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By JJGIANT
That's the problem there is no real end to WOW. I am waiting for that day!
Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Ignor
Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Jeffsekai said:
" lol caring about WoW's story. "
Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tennmuerti

Warcraft universe is quite big on story, so yes some people do care about it.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Capum15

I loved messing about in the Undercity reading the billion books sitting around for long periods of time back when I played...

ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ErrorOperator
@woltkezero said:
"  And YEs I do follow the story and lore of this game, along with the Halo/Gears Of War/Metroid/Zelda storyline...... "

That has to be a joke
VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By VWGTI

The Warcraft lore is fantastic. Don't listen to these haters.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Driadon

How about this: think of it as a "living, breathing world" bit. Other people brought down Arthas, while you where not part of it. WoW is not Final Fantasy, things happen that you can't control. Guess it was your own curiosity that ruined that feeling for you, though :P

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iam3green

there is no real ending to the game so do not worry about it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By Seppli
@woltkezero:

It's gonna take you a while to see Arthas die, if you aren't a memeber of decent raidgroup. Average raidgroups and especially random PUGs won't beat him until the nerfhammer comes down a couple of months before Cataclysm hits the shelves. Even then, you'll more likely do the Arthas bossfight after Cataclysm is out, in some 'just for the fun of it' PUG run. It's just not the same. You need a good and and steady raidgroup/guild and beat the boss before the big nerfhammer hits - or it ain't the real deal. You won't get into such a raidgroup without some serious experience and skill.

So anyways - it's highly likely you won't get to do that before it becomes pointless. Without the struggle, the ending sequence means nothing. I was member of a good raid for a couple of years and it's awesome to beat a raid dungeon endboss - well worth the hazzle. Been there, done that. I only play the first couple of months of a new exansion now. Leveling up. Doing the heroic instances and the 5-man achievements. I just lost the taste for hardcore raiding. Hardmodes are good and nice, but I'm not really a fan of optional difficulty. Like wasting 30+ hours on a new hardmode (some bosses like pre-nerf M'uru took most raids 150+ hours of tries to beat). Just doesn't fly with me anymore.

Believe me - those who can stomach the countless hours of fail and actually beat hard bosses and hard hardmodes pre-nerf, they feel like kings when they do so. Start a raid-career and experience it first hand. It's awesome. The ambition to rock WoW doesn't last forever though. Most players will have enough of the hardship sometime down the line and quit. My former raid had about 75% core members, which stick around for years and 25% influx. One fine day, I went from core member to influx. Just like that. Great ride while it lasts.

In terms of 'Endgame Content Clear' I've had WoW beaten many times. It's great for a couple of weeks, but then the farming loot will start to wear you down. I say, if you play WoW, play it 4 real. Get a good raidgroup. Have a competitive arena team. Do the achievements. Get the best gear. Get the titles. Get the 'extraspeed' flying mount. Otherwise you're just another sucker paying for playing half a game.

P.S. The cutscene might have been triggered because of a server first kill of Arthas. It may have been triggered for everybody, who was online then - as a bragging rights reward for the raidgroup in question. Certain final dungeon boss kills have been announced by the towncriers before.