User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By OldManLight
JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow talk about a joke. Last month was a pretty good with DR2 but really RS:Vegas? It's a good game but it came out in 2006 and hasn't Magic 2014 already come out? This alone makes me want to renew my PS Plus subscription.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a whole like 4 dollars worth of games!

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can seriously get Rainbow Six: Vegas for less than 5 bucks at Gamestop. This is a...lower tier deal, if I've ever seen one.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

@gorillamopena: ha, if you adjust for super duper Xbox Live inflation it's really $30 worth of games. ($9.99 Magic + $19.99 R6:Vegas).

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By BaneFireLord

Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

5Figh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats a terrible deal but i actually love Rainbow Six Vegas so if this gets the multiplayer a little more busy then im totally up for it

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Humanity

Yah, fuck these free games!

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By FourWude

What most people don't know is that Microsoft buys exactly ONE copy of these games from the local corner store bargain bin at under $1. They then upload all data to their servers and torrent it around via their xbox live.

So unless you can find these games in a $1 bargain bin, they will never appear on Games for Gold. FACT.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would this be like PSN+ having Super Rub-a-Dub and Ridge Racer 7 for September?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Fucking ungrates. Vegas is a great goddamn game, and I've never played Magic before, so I'm interested in this. Also, I'll reiterate what I've been saying all along. You were never promised free games by paying for XBL Gold. The age doesn't mean shit because they're all good to great games. It's so stupid when people talk shit and complain about the releases.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By DharmaBum

I wonder how/if Vegas holds up. They should do Shadowrun for everyone. That game kicks ass.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By MetalGearSunny

@greggd said:

Fucking ungrates. Vegas is a great goddamn game, and I've never played Magic before, so I'm interested in this. Also, I'll reiterate what I've been saying all along. You were never promised free games by paying for XBL Gold. The age doesn't mean shit because they're all good to great games. It's so stupid when people talk shit and complain about the releases.

While this is true, the complaints come from comparing this to Playstation Plus. PS+ is ten dollars cheaper per year and offers a lot more current games there. It makes all of this stuff look like a huge joke.

jimmy_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meanwhile at sony:

No Caption Provided

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

While this is true, the complaints come from comparing this to Playstation Plus. PS+ is ten dollars cheaper per year and offers a lot more current games there. It makes all of this stuff look like a huge joke.

The difference being you get to keep all of these games, whereas if your PS+ sub lapses, you lose it all.

Avatar image for indiana_jenkins
indiana_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hey, don't talk mess about Rainbow Six Vegas. That game is great.

But if you want to talk about the value proposition of RS:V as one of your Gold games, that's totally cool.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@metalgearsunny said:

@greggd said:

The difference being you get to keep all of these games, whereas if your PS+ sub lapses, you lose it all.

I'd rather get games that I actually want to play as a trade-off for that. I would assume that publishers are less likely to licence out their newer games if people can just keep them forever.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By strainedeyes

@metalgearsunny said:

@greggd said:

While I totally agree with you, PS+ is doing this free game thing insanely better than MS, this month's offerings from Sony (in the US) aren't exactly stellar either. ICO HD, Galaga: Legions DX, and RE: Chronicles HD aren't exactly new/exciting.

EU's PS+ stuff, however, is always really good.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strainedeyes: In europe we got Assassins creed, Jak and daxter HD trilogy, Stealth. I understand everyones point in this thread though.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@metalgearsunny said:

@greggd said:

I'd rather get games that I actually want to play as a trade-off for that. I would assume that publishers are less likely to licence out their newer games if people can just keep them forever.

Well I actually want to play most of the games they've put out for Games With Gold, so I guess that's where we differ.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pfffff, FUCK THAT MAgic shit

YUGIOH REPRESENT

No Caption Provided

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalgearsunny said:

@greggd said:

While I totally agree with you, PS+ is doing this free game thing insanely better than MS, this month's offerings from Sony (in the US) aren't exactly stellar either. ICO HD, Galaga: Legions DX, and RE: Chronicles HD aren't exactly new/exciting.

EU's PS+ stuff, however, is always really good.

Yeah, PS+ has seen better months.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GreggD

YUGIOH REPRESENT

No Caption Provided

SHOTS FIRED

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YUGIOH REPRESENT

No Caption Provided

IT ALL ENDS HERE

No Caption Provided

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Free games are great but I wonder if this is the equivalent of your parents giving you that bike you wanted for Christmas... 4 years ago. Oh and you also have a car.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Magic 2013 is a good game.

Shame it was completely replaced by 2014.

Fucking Microsoft don't have a clue.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd:

Hasn't it always been the case that you just can't access them while you aren't a ps+ member but when you re-up, if its still in your download queue/on your HDD and it states you have gold you can play them again?

Also @connerthekewlkid: well played, sir.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd:

Hasn't it always been the case that you just can't access them while you aren't a ps+ member but when you re-up, if its still in your download queue/on your HDD and it states you have gold you can play them again?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optix12 said:

@greggd:

Maybe, I'm not entirely sure. But that's not the same as GWG giving you games to keep, even if your Gold lapses. You can still play those games. If PS+ lapses, you lose access and can't play them.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysteriousbob: I don't get why they don't give GTA5 and Saints Row 4 in there! Sony is always giving new games! Hook me up with that Ico HD son!

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd: True, thankfully in the UK theres

been quite a few deals where you can get PS plus year codes for pretty cheap so Im already set for around this time next year (at one point amazon were giving away fifa 13 on vita free with a 3 month pass, i couldnt refuse)

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@mysteriousbob: I don't get why they don't give GTA5 and Saints Row 4 in there! Sony is always giving new games! Hook me up with that Ico HD son!

HA!

@optix12 said:

@greggd: True, thankfully in the UK theres

been quite a few deals where you can get PS plus year codes for pretty cheap so Im already set for around this time next year (at one point amazon were giving away fifa 13 on vita free with a 3 month pass, i couldnt refuse)

Yeah, I can not find any discounts on PS+ around here. I was looking to buy some for a friend, and man, the prices just will not drop. Meanwhile, Gold and points cards are constantly getting slashed by Amazon, it's crazy.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@greggd said:

@optix12 said:

@greggd:

Maybe, I'm not entirely sure. But that's not the same as GWG giving you games to keep, even if your Gold lapses. You can still play those games. If PS+ lapses, you lose access and can't play them.

They stay apart of your account and will be able to be played when you re-up. Difference is this, Games on Gold SUCK. I either 1. own the games already or 2. dont want to play them. Sony on the other hand throws games out like crazy, Some being decently new to old and also does it for psp/vita games alongside console ones. Your only argument is that you can still play the games on xbox after you download them. Whoopty-Doo, You can keep playing a FPS that is outdated after you spend a few hours beating it 4 years down the road vs you can continue playing the hundred other games that Sony has given for free as long as you pay LESS then Xbox is asking. I dont know many people with a 360 that does not pay for gold and I always question them why. Why pay for online when ps3 still is free. I let a co-worker borrow my ps3 as he is giving me Dragons Crown after he beats it and he hasn't even started dragons crown yet since he took a look at the list of games I have from PS+ which he has since said he will probably not beat dragons crown as there is to much to do now which is fine by me as this just means I have 1 other person next gen who will be playing multi with me. So far out of every friend I have getting the 360, not 1 has said they will continue to the next gen with Microsoft due to the benefits of PS+ vs Gold and the games are now equal in standards of what is coming out exclusively for each console. Meaning, PS+ is a major tide turner in the Console wars at least with people I know and this is why people are upset with the crappy games Xbox has to offer for their Gold customers after all these years. I not once regret getting my playstation Nor PS+ even with the service down for over a month last year as it gave me time to finish some single player games instead of always jumping online in battlefield, etc. Lastly, most of the games Xbox has offered I have on steam already through sales that so far would be cheaper them the 3month subscription they offer for gold.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcshank: Shit dude, what the fuck made you so angry?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EXTomar

@humanity: Both platforms should give GTA4 this month.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar: Normally, I'd be all for that. And I kind of am still, but the fact that I just bought it when it was on sale on GoD, I'd feel kinda let down, I suppose. Still, that is a great idea.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Well.... They're trying? Okay, that's a poor cop-out. But they're good games, shame that pretty much anyone who wants to have played them has already done so. At least, I would imagine.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft throwing scraps to the peasants.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@jimmy_p said:

Meanwhile at sony:

No Caption Provided

Sony has already promised one free PS4 title per month, in addition to all the free games that will continue to be made available for PS3 and Vita.

MS won't even promise that they'll continue to dump this sort of trash onto Xbox Live Gold members after December. What a joke.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar: I don't think even Microsoft, the evil and greedy overlords that they are, would be cruel enough to subject people to GTA4.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By bluefish

@extomar said:

Nah, it's still selling too well. I'll sell more than one copy every day now that people are talking about GTAV

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

One of these days Microsoft. You'll get there.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

@greggd said:

@metalgearsunny said:

@greggd said:

Wait... You do? So because I downloaded them I can still play AC2 and DR2 even though my gold ran out a few days ago? Alright that's pretty cool if true.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By EXTomar

@bluefish said:

@extomar said:

Nah, it's still selling too well. I'll sell more than one copy every day now that people are talking about GTAV

That is not the point. GTA4 would be good advertising for GTA5. Or maybe a warning. Your mileage may vary.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Man that's super lame compared to last months. Oh well, maybe this will give me the excuse to play some rainbow six.

Tobiass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might as well take a dump on my porch.