Xbox 360 S Problems

heghmohqib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By heghmohqib

I just wanted to let people know the problems I've been having and see what problems other have had.

So far;
Xbox stops recognizing controllers (wireless just flashes, wired works but no quadrant light on console) at seemingly random times.
Downloaded Puzzle Quest 2 the other day.  Run super slow.  So slow it's unplayable.  At least 5 minutes just to get through the splash screens.  After some fiddling around (power cycles, turned from vertical to horizontal) it would launch the game normal but would get slow a couple minutes into playing.
Flash card not always recognized.  Sometimes says data is corrupted but is always fine after a reboot.
Wireless will not connect if network is invisible, even though it is completely authenticated.

Xbox Support is already telling me to send it in for repair. 

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

Huh. I guess we'll see in a couple months if there are any widespread problems with the new version. It would be hilarious if there was something comparable to the RRoD.

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By defaulttag

Hopefully it's not as widespread and not as bad as the RROD. I'm thinking about getting the Reach bundle. With those problems described, it could perhaps be fixed with a firmware update. We'll see if the problem reaches more people.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By one_2nd

Never buy something when it first comes out. You should've waited to buy it. 

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CptChiken
@RiotBananas said:
" @one_2nd said:
" Never buy something when it first come out. You should've waited to buy it.  "
"  
This.
heghmohqib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By heghmohqib

I traded in for it.  It cost $120 and noisy-ass launch 360.  Besides, they've proven that problems have no iron-out period.  They will keep producing the problem until enough people complain.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman
@HeghmohQib said:
"...Xbox Support is already telling me to send it in for repair.  "
That sounds about right. I haven't had any of the mentioned problems. 

Hope you get this worked out.
PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By PufferFiz
@one_2nd said:
" Never buy something from Microsoft when it first comes out. You should've waited till the community fixed it to buy it.  "
fixed
orangefrys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By orangefrys
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" Huh. I guess we'll see in a couple months if there are any widespread problems with the new version. It would be hilarious if there was something comparable to the RRoD. "
RLOD?
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@PufferFiz said:
" @one_2nd said:
" Never buy something from Microsoft.  "
fixed "
Even better.
Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Darkstar614

Jeez, could you guys be any more cynical? The system is fine. Just because a couple people have issues does not mean the entire SKU is busted. I have one and I have had none of these issues. This model is way quieter, has Wireless N built in, and doesn't have the old first gen boards that RRODed all the time.

If anyone reading this thread is still thinking about getting one, do it. Don't listen to these people who say "Don't ever buy anything when it's first released". There are times when doing so is perfectly fine.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Darkstar614 said:
" Jeez, could you guys be any more cynical? The system is fine. Just because a couple people have issues does not mean the entire SKU is busted. I have one and I have had none of these issues. This model is way quieter, has Wireless N built in, and doesn't have the old first gen boards that RRODed all the time.  If anyone reading this thread is still thinking about getting one, do it. Don't listen to these people who say "Don't ever buy anything when it's first released". There are times when doing so is perfectly fine. "
I agree. Although honestly when it comes to consumer electronics, buying on day one is almost never a great idea. Not only is hardware somewhat untested but price drops are always bound to occur. 

But yeah if you want a 360 S, don't worry about it, go buy one.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By trophyhunter
@teh_pwnzorer said:
" @PufferFiz said:
" @one_2nd said:
" Fish eat pie on the moon on Tuesdays  "
fixed "
Even better. "
Now it's fixed
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Karl_Boss

Buy wired

heghmohqib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By heghmohqib
@JJWeatherman said:

" @Darkstar614 said:

" Jeez, could you guys be any more cynical? The system is fine. Just because a couple people have issues does not mean the entire SKU is busted. I have one and I have had none of these issues. This model is way quieter, has Wireless N built in, and doesn't have the old first gen boards that RRODed all the time.  If anyone reading this thread is still thinking about getting one, do it. Don't listen to these people who say "Don't ever buy anything when it's first released". There are times when doing so is perfectly fine. "
I agree. Although honestly when it comes to consumer electronics, buying on day one is almost never a great idea. Not only is hardware somewhat untested but price drops are always bound to occur.  But yeah if you want a 360 S, don't worry about it, go buy one. "
I agree.  i have no regrets about buying it.  It replaced a much older, much louder one.  And it has a warranty were the other was long since gone.  It is far superior.  I just wanted to let people know of the issues I was having and if anyone else was.

I would again like to note that I only paid $120.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By one_2nd
@trophyhunter said:
" @teh_pwnzorer said:
" @PufferFiz said:
" @one_2nd said:
fixed "
Even better. "
Now it's fixed "
THAT WAS SO TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT
Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hilbert

I think on the whole its save to say that Microsoft tested this beauty from front to back. 

+ It's more quiet than my ps3 or Wii.
+ I finally have room to install a lot of retail games on my HD250 (its also faster)
+ I have a machine that goes "ping" now 

Oh, its so quiet:

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By trophyhunter
@one_2nd said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @teh_pwnzorer said:
" @PufferFiz said:
" @one_2nd said:
fixed "
Even better. "
Now it's fixed "
THAT WAS SO TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT "

^__~
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@trophyhunter said:
" @one_2nd said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @teh_pwnzorer said:
" @PufferFiz said:
" @one_2nd said:
fixed "
Even better. "
Now it's fixed "
THAT WAS SO TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT "
8==D "
Indeed.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By TheHBK

return it instead?  thing has been out for what? Less than a month so you should still be good to return it and exchange it.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tomance

Try for an exchange or something.  Mine is fine. Quiet controllers work, everything runs correctly. 

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By memo

never buy the launch product.  We all know that especially with 360s.

Avatar image for arcane_workshop
Arcane_Workshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Arcane_Workshop

I can't help but laugh at the "You should have waited, instead of buying it when it first came out" routine. The XBox 360 came out almost 5 years ago, if anyone is STILL holding out... I'd think it's as safe as its gonna get to buy one now. This is a revision, it's not some new technological wonder that no one has used before.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ace829
@Peacemaker said:
" Try for an exchange or something.  Mine is fine. Quiet controllers work, everything runs correctly.  "
heghmohqib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By heghmohqib

Can't return.  I've had it for 36 days.
And I didn't buy it out of early adaption.  The EB exchange program was a limited time offer as was the game trade specials (got $25 for Mario Galaxy 1).

So nobody has had any issues with these machines?  I guess I'm one of the lucky people to have a real defect rather than a poorly designed machine.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ace829
@HeghmohQib:  I believe there is a one-year warranty. Or is that only for red-ringed 360s?
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@orangefrys said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
" Huh. I guess we'll see in a couple months if there are any widespread problems with the new version. It would be hilarious if there was something comparable to the RRoD. "
RLOD? "
Wasn't there a guy on these boards a few weeks back that posted a video of a Red Light of Death? Or was that fake?
heghmohqib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By heghmohqib
@Ace829: Yea, the warranty covers pretty much everything.  It's being sent in this week.  Wanted to avoid it as this will be my 3rd xbox to be sent in for repairs.  Atleast they were all free.
woodelf86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By woodelf86

I have one and it is fine for now, but to be honest I have sent one of each console to their manufacturers because of failures.  Now My launch 360, that was expected, and the wii and PS3 didn't even bother me because a product with a failure rate less than 5% is generally considered  a success, so PS3's and wii's do die, I would know, but its not that big a deal and I love my 360 S, so much quieter, and the hard drive is huge.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By themartyr

Hi guys, thought I'd weigh in with a new problem. I bought my 360 S yesterday. 

The controller's right analog stick drifts to the right after being pushed. It is very annoying when trying to look around/aim etc. Does anyone know a quick solution? Or should I take it back and change the controller?

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zityz
@one_2nd said:
"Never buy something when it first comes out. You should've waited to buy it.  "

Unless it's made by Nintendo.
Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Crixaliz
@themartyr: I had a similar problem with my controller, but mine got fixed after I used it for a while.
themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By themartyr
@Crixaliz: Here's hoping I'm as lucky!
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By iam3green

you should have waited for the problem to get fixed. Microsoft makes horrible consoles that don't last to long.

EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EvolutionX0
yeah i have my own problems with the hardware, it overheats quickly and its too loud.. the complete opposite of what it was meant to do.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By meteora
@EvolutionX0 said:
" yeah i have my own problems with the hardware, it overheats quickly and its too loud.. the complete opposite of what it was meant to do. "
Is it well ventilated and did you play on a hot summer day? One time I played it on the hottest day of summer and it felt like my 360 was going to go on fire at the rear end. 

Also did you install the games on the HDD?
Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hilbert: That ping always makes me smile.
EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EvolutionX0
@Meteora said:
" @EvolutionX0 said:
" yeah i have my own problems with the hardware, it overheats quickly and its too loud.. the complete opposite of what it was meant to do. "
Is it well ventilated and did you play on a hot summer day? One time I played it on the hottest day of summer and it felt like my 360 was going to go on fire at the rear end.  Also did you install the games on the HDD? "
Its well ventilated, its gets quite hot in my room and I don't usually install games on the HHD. But i never had these problems with the previous 360 before. :/
heghmohqib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By heghmohqib
@woodelf86 said:
" I have one and it is fine for now, but to be honest I have sent one of each console to their manufacturers because of failures.  Now My launch 360, that was expected, and the wii and PS3 didn't even bother me because a product with a failure rate less than 5% is generally considered  a success, so PS3's and wii's do die, I would know, but its not that big a deal and I love my 360 S, so much quieter, and the hard drive is huge. "
I have a friend who's PS3 just died.  My Wii has never a chance to break since I haven't used it in about 2 years.
cspanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cspanick

I just got one of these from a trade in at gs and so far its been really quiet.  However I do notice that it heats up fast and the room temp rises pretty quickly.  My launch 360 was loud as hell but it took longer for it to heat up.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By themartyr
@cspanick: I've noticed the complete opposite. The thing is near-silent (compared to my 2007-era xbox) and doesn't seem to heat up half as much as the old one.
Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By Ashby

I got mine about a week after they came out, and no problems so far. : / Also, my brother's had a 360 ever since it first came out, and no problems on his end either. Neither of us have ever had to replace systems, and I wonder if we're just lucky or really careful with them, or a bit of both.