XBox Netflix in Canada

abannist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By abannist

I know that the mail-a-dvd service that netflix offers is not available in Canada, but with the online streaming coming to the XBox 360 does anyone know if that will be available in Canada?  If it is available or does come to Canada will it be worth it?

absinthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By absinthetic

probably not

IroncladMerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By IroncladMerc

No, it's US only. Maybe if someday NetFlix came to Canada we'd get it, or if zip.ca offered streaming video, but they don't and NetFlix is not likely to come to Canada, so we are out of luck.   What I really want to know is if those new live games like 1 vs 100 are going to be US only, because if prizes are involved it usually means US only.

abannist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By abannist

Maybe down the line they will do a Canadian version of the gameshows, as they do have Canadian specific content.

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By timeshero

I have an American and a Canadian Live account.  All I need now is a Netflix account.

SmAsH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By SmAsH
abannist said:
"I know that the mail-a-dvd service that netflix offers is not available in Canada, but with the online streaming coming to the XBox 360 does anyone know if that will be available in Canada?  If it is available or does come to Canada will it be worth it?
"
The Canadian Government or the CRTC is not allowing Netflix, it barely allowed Blockbuster to come into Canada. If Blockbuster fails, we might see Netflix allowed into Canada. Or maybe a special deal to allow a Blockbuster substitute for us Canadians, and whatever other people use in Europe and Asia.
timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By timeshero

If netflix is the way it is, what about gamefly?

mako468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By mako468

wait will the game show be availible in Canada?

seabazzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By seabazzz

i think i can get netflix in canada on xbox i lived in seattle and i have a netflix account i just movede back to canada and im trying to fuguer out how to get it on my xbox i just got it on my laptop by downloading hotspot shield  if i can trick the ip adress going into my xbox the netflix will work  but im haveing truble sending my internet from my computer to my xbox if anyone can help that would be great