• 64 results
Avatar image for hurricanehaines
hurricanehaines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll You can only purchase one, choose wisely (771 votes)

Uncharted 4 22%
Overwatch 42%
Doom 36%
 • 
bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates

Is the answer World Heroes for the SNES? Because that is what I chose when I could only get one SNES game (beyond the pack in Mario World and Mario All-Stars). I know a lot of people hate World Heroes but it was okay and I didn't really regret my choice.

As for this question it's impossible to answer without context. They're all good games, but for someone who wants a fun single player experience Overwatch is obviously useless. On the other hand for someone who plans to play the game for hundreds of hours they are likely not to get as much out of Uncharted 4 unless they are into Uncharted's particular brand of multiplayer (Doom at least has snapmap, meaning a constant trickle of user created content.)

So what I'm saying is...

Please add a World Heroes for the SNES option!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i purchased 2 of those and only beat one (Uncharted 4) and stopped playing the other one (Doom). Overwatch is great but I'm not convinced on the console support and I don't want to pay another 50bux(ps+) on top of 60(overpriced) to play it.

So my choice would be Uncharted (but only if you are already into the series, it is the weakest since the first game but still really great)

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'll definitely pick up Doom when the price goes down.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really into online multiplayer and don't have a PS4, so Doom almost by default.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Overwatch for longevity of playing different characters and and longevity of online play with groups. But it'd be a damn shame to miss out on the DOOM campaign.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Overwatch for longevity and cariety. But it'd be a damn shame to miss out on the DOOM campaign.

I don't think DOOM is going to disappear anytime soon.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I can't run any of them, so do I lose?

No Caption Provided

You chose....poorly.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wacomole

I'm not sure I'd buy any of them. I would not be able to enjoy my purchase as I'd be far too worried about whatever apocalyptic occurrence was stopping me ever getting any of the others in the future.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musclerider: I just mean in terms of if I had to pick only one of those games.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rethla

Well i already bought Uncharted 4 and im not even thinking of buying the other two so its kinda easy...

Actually i thought of buying Doom once but it was a quick fleeting thought

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Uncharted 4 seems like a good looking game graphically and has a better story than it's prequels but nothing much else to offer. Overwatch has tons of style and replayability but doesn't seem like it has anything really fresh in terms of gameplay. Doom has been lauded for it's campaign and it's intense stylish action but has been criticized for it's shallow multiplayer and limited community content.

If you want something that will last you a while get Overwatch

If you want something with meaty, satisfying gameplay in a tight package get Doom

If you want something where just you can sit down, relax, and watch some cool shit happen get Uncharted 4

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By chilibean_3

I mean, you could go to Redbox or something, rent Uncharted and Doom for a couple days to play through and be done with them forever.

It was between Overwatch and Doom for me. I think I settled on Overwatch because I'll probably get more out of it hour wise but I could really go either way.

I could just watch Uncharted and probably enjoy it more than slogging though more Naughty Dog combat design.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Doom, seems the most replayable and the most fun, gameplay-wise. Uncharted has some cool sections, but the slow parts and ok combat just doesn't make me want to play the whole thing ever again. Overwatch, I don't really care for opening boxes and have Halo 5 to scratch my MP tendencies.

What I mean to say is that I still play the original Doom now and then, and it's fun every time. And this new one plays even better.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I already bought Doom, but even if I hadn't I'd still pick it anyway. Overwatch isn't my thing, plus Blizzard's microtransaction model is gross. Played through the Uncharted Collection and I gotta say, I don't think I could stomach that kind of gameplay a fourth time. The story in those games is great, but the actual game parts are kinda garbage. Not a very popular opinion, I know. But maaaannn, some things about those old Uncharted games suck.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ended up going for Overwatch myself. I'll get the others later.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in no rush to get Doom so I'll grab it on sale, the other two don't interest me.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked Overwatch. It's $40 now (pc) and the others are more expensive. I'll get back to them next year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No interest in competitive shooters so no Overwatch for me. Only played up to uncharted 2, so i should probably play 3 first before 4... guess that means DOOM for me! Logically the game where you run around at blazing speeds and punch off demon faces can't be the wrong choice right? Right.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I choose all of them because they're all amazing.

I also have all of these.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therealmoot: you're doing the Lords work.

Stop letting him be such a freeloader. :-p

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I choose Doom I preordered it and played it day 1 took a gamble and I won.

captainjudaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between those three, I'd pick Doom. I can't really afford it just yet but I did just get a new job yesterday, and I start on Tuesday, so soon I will. Will need to do some PC upgrades before I'll be able to run it as well as I'd like to though. I highly doubt I'll ever have a PS4 so Uncharted 4 isn't on the table, and Overwatch failed to impress me enough during the closed and open betas to me to be interestd.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

Doom, absolutely. My current computer can't handle it, but nothing about the other two interest me at all, while Doom's campaign seems pretty rad.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stellaris.

arbayer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

Escape Velocity: Nova?

On a more serious note, probably Doom?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I lived this experience, and I feel pretty alright about picking DOOM. Overwatch seems like something I'll get when I get my hands on a better computer and the Uncharted series never really seemed like my kinda thing.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I guess I would choose Doom since I already own the other two. : D

(Overwatch would be my real answer though, just because it'll probably be around for a long time, getting continually updated.)

grandCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 2/3 and am contemplating getting Uncharted 4 since I own the other 3 anyways.

If I had to pick one though, probably Overwatch for continued support over time that Blizzard games always get.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Uncharted 4 was the only I've bought to date. Maybe I'll get the other two down the road, but only one was worth a day one purchase for me.

My anticipation for Doom was at 0 pre-release, but my interest has definitely gone up since then, maybe I'll impulse buy it on sale one day. Overwatch looks neat, but my engagement with online competitive games falls off really quick, so I don't see it as worth a buy despite how cool and shiny it looks.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wacomole said:

I'm not sure I'd buy any of them. I would not be able to enjoy my purchase as I'd be far too worried about whatever apocalyptic occurrence was stopping me ever getting any of the others in the future.

Upon further reflection, this is the right answer. Though hopefully voting for DOOM means that I'll be able to fight off the apocalyptic occurrence and purchase the other two.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always bet on DOOM.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overwatch, easily. It offers the most fun and replayability

Bouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I already own Overwatch so Doom for sure.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overwatch. I feel like I will be playing this game for a LONG time.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I already have Uncharted 4 & DOOM, to which I enjoyed both immensely. Though between the two my heart sides with Uncharted 4.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By VooDooPC

I would buy Overwatch to be on the early release hype train for a multiplayer game. I have zero interest in the DOOM or Unchartred 4 multiplayer and the single player campaigns aren't changing anytime soon.

That said, I already own DOOM and Uncharted 4 and will never buy Overwatch.

Retromancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Retromancy

I don't see Total War: Warhammer on this poll.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ares42

Doom is the better game, but if you can only buy one you buy Overwatch for the value proposition.

OLph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would this poll be that different if the choices were Apple, Orange and Pear instead?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Where is the 'none of the above' option?

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom is the right choice here.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

This isn't too tough for me - I have Uncharted 4 and Overwatch, and I'm planning to pick Doom up sometime soonish... but if I can only have one, Overwatch is the game I see myself playing for several years whereas both U4 and Doom are primarily campaigns that I will enjoy a couple of playthroughs of and then put down.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By TobbRobb

Overwatch. But fuuuuck man Doom is so good.

RiotControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RiotControl

Played them all. (Rented UC4, Doom and played Overwatch in the beta) Didn't like Uncharted 4 at all and wasn't impressed with the story or MP. Doom was great, but not as amazing as I was hoping. If I had bought it, I would have been happy with that purchase. Played it on the hardest difficulty right off the bat, so there's not much left to do though since the MP wasn't very good. Not getting my hopes up for user created content. Overwatch I put a lot of hours into in the beta and was definitely left wanting more, but I was starting to lose some interest towards the end of the beta. I feel like the classes being so limited to fit into a MOBA style hero archetype with undoubted e-sports balancing in mind maybe won't suit me in the long term.

Of the three, definitely Overwatch as I know I'd get my money's worth and would likely return to play in the future even after I initially got burned out.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought Uncharted 4, finished it today and loved it. Plan on playing DOOM someday soon. No interest in Overwatch.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CheapPoison

Terribly easy choice. Even though I hate myself for picking Overwatch a bit. Doom is great, but it is such a singleplayer experience that you might as well pick it up in 60 months when it is priced down. It is great, but I woudln't pay 60 for just the singleplayer campaign at the moment. I personally have little interest in Uncharted, although it seems to be great, it is another one that is is just as good in a few months.

Overwatch on the other hand is a blizzard product, so you'll be faced with paying the same price 2 years down the line.

So, Doom is probably the best pick. But from a value perspective, you'd be crazy.

I don't see Total War: Warhammer on this poll.

This is the real answer.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since you included Uncharted 4; I am guessing you are asking for the PS4 version of each game, so I would rule out Overwatch: game is fine but it is online only and I have heard the console landscape for it is quite a wasteland.

So, the choice is between Uncharted 4 and DOOM, for which it would depend on your love for each of the franchises (doom is not a sequel, but I would not expect it to divert much from the core inspiration)

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rent doom and Uncharted, wait until overwatch is cheap.

Dayve86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm taking a break from buying games right now, but as soon as I get back into it Uncharted 4 is the first thing I'm going to buy. I want to get the other two eventually but no rush. Probably Doom before Overwatch.