You see a hot new title on Steam and want to let the GB guys know so it doesn't slip past them. How do you do this?

Avatar image for changethel1ghts
changethel1ghts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By changethel1ghts

I recently heard about the game Redout and was like "dang, I wonder what the folks at videogames.com would have to say about this!" Then I realized I had no idea how to let 'em know about it without misusing their support function or being an annoying Twitter follower. So, I was wondering if any of you ever heard them mention where to get at then with this sort of request? They obviously are doing their own thing and probably have already heard about anything we tell them, but I was just curious. Peace you guys! Cheers to a better new year. <3

RiotControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By RiotControl

@changethel1ghts: The best way would be to contact the developers of the small indie game since they're probably more likely to read your post and suggest they send a copy to GiantBomb. That's assuming they didn't do exactly that already when the game launched for coverage.

That or help spread the word to GiantBomb users and get it discussed among the community here often. Make a big fancy forum post about how much you like it and be sure to add photos and such.

Warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 4

I just tweeted at Brad once to show him some multiplayer shooter with Level Lord-style arenas. Didn't end up getting covered but he said it looked neat.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@riotcontrol: I don't think they're looking at the forums much.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 44

@zevvion: I would dare say the only person ever perusing the forums would be, at best, Rorie. Otherwise they only seem to glance at the posts for the podcast (audio & video), quick looks, and maybe a review.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i hope your game gets looked at ;)

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tweeted at Jeff once and he replied immediately. I'm sure that's not typical as he probably gets tweeted to a thousand times a day but I was impressed. I would say chances are if it's on Steam someone at Giant Bomb knows about it.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

@riotcontrol: I don't think they're looking at the forums much.

I don't know about "pitching games for coverage" but Brad replied to me in the forums several times, in the most unexpected forums as well - things like when I had an issue with 16:10 aspect ratio monitor and such.

I would let them run the show, they have an established process of looking at what to cover each week.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EthanielRain

I just sent a PM here on the site, seemed to work. Send to whoever likes the genre the most.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

One neat trick to getting games looked at - remember that Drew is the person who looks through the entire Steam release list each week: so if there is a game that just came out/is coming out on Steam you want Giant Bomb to cover, he's the first filter they have to get through. Messaging directly the person you think might be of the most interest in a game is a good idea, but I'd at least send links to Drew on Twitter on why it interests you (then he'll pass it on to the best people for it/who has time to check it out).

Also, they definitely check their PMs (though Rorie is the only person who answers every message - sort of because he feels compelled to due to his job).

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I PMed Vinny about a game I wanted to see once. They didn't QL it, but it was mentioned on that short-lived show they did where they talked about all the games they didn't QL and why.