• 62 results
Avatar image for changethel1ghts
#1 Posted by ChangeTheL1ghts (66 posts) -

I'm looking for something to fill the Alto's Oddysey sized hole in my mobile gaming heart. What's your current mobile game of choice. Whether it be a wonderful puzzler, a surprisingly in-depth mobile rpg, a gacha game, or just an idle clicker. Feed me!

#2 Posted by rawkpartee (11 posts) -

Shin Megami Tensei is really good, so is hearth stone.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
#3 Posted by Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius (344 posts) -

Threes.

It's always Threes.

#4 Posted by Pete0r (264 posts) -

I'm currently playing Hexfall. It seems to be a faithful clone of the xbla game Hexic.

#5 Posted by TobbRobb (6509 posts) -

I'm playing the Android version of Final Fantasy Tactics. And it's atually a pretty good port! That game is a classic, but it has a really rough start and learning curve.

I've also had fun with a puzzle game called Rikudo. And Super Hexagon has been a time sink, but maybe not recently.

#6 Posted by Press_real (5 posts) -

Plague Inc

#7 Posted by jamesyfx (127 posts) -

I'm really into Super Hexagon and Impossible Road.

I like my mobile games to be quick and play quicker!

#8 Posted by mattchops (308 posts) -

Solitarica or Fallout Shelter

#9 Edited by ikabubu (340 posts) -

If you have a taste for games with styyyle and finality (like Alto's Odyssey), I'd recommend Monument Valley (1 & 2) and Spaceplan.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for changethel1ghts
#11 Posted by ChangeTheL1ghts (66 posts) -

@ikabubu: Stellar recommendations. I'm thinking about giving Space Plan a go.

#12 Posted by clagnaught (2054 posts) -

Love Nikki Dress UP Queen (I’m not joking). I was going at Egg Inc for a while, but I’ve done everything and don’t really know what else to do besides waiting for a new egg (if that ever comes out).

I want to get into the new SMT game, so maybe that will take over one of my mobile games. I’ve also downloaded the games Ben mentioned on the Bombcast, but haven’t had the chance to take a look at them yet.

#13 Posted by baroody37 (3 posts) -

@changethel1ghts: I always see Spaceplan in my recommendations for apps and always consider picking it up. Let me know how it is if you take the jump!

#14 Edited by FlashFlood_29 (4281 posts) -

Crossy Road is a great mobile game for me. Simple as hell and an infinite level. Just recently saved up enough to get Slippy Penguin with 10,000 in game currency. Took forever. The daily challenges are fun and the characters with different game modes add variety. Pro Gamer is easily the best character in the game because the Korean audio-caster is amazing.

#15 Posted by imhungry (1064 posts) -

I still have yet to become good at Shibuya Grandmaster after playing it for about 3 years now. It is an incredible game and I hate it.

Also playing Bang Dream! Girls Band Party which is a gacha rhythm game where the gacha can basically be ignored so it's pretty fantastic if you're into rhythm games with J pop/rock songs.

#16 Edited by The_Greg (464 posts) -

I play more games on Android than any other platform at this point. I just don't like the casual/indie games, I like the ones that try to go for 'console-quality' or are simply ports of games on the big boy platforms.

A few games I've enjoyed recently are:

Shadowgun Legends - Basically Destiny Mini. Maybe the highest quality game I've played on mobile.

Eternium - A Diablo clone.

Dead Effect 2 - A very typical sci-fi/horror FPS. Kind of a cross between Half Life and Dead Space.

Hag's Castle - One of those RPGs where you move in squares like old Might & Magic games.

Armello - A tabletop RPG board game with cards. A bit of a mish-mash, but works really well.

Star Wars: Rise - A mobile-ass strategy game.

Free Heroes 2 - Just Heroes of Might & Magic 2 on mobile.

Afterpulse - SOCOM for mobile.

I also have a few ports installed that I enjoy:

Ark: Survival Evolved

PUBG

Fortnite

Titan Quest

Shadowrun

Baldur's Gate

Then there's all the emulation, which I won't go into.

#17 Posted by totsboy (467 posts) -

Currently playing Alto's Odyssey, which doesn't help you much, it's the first mobile game I'm playing in a long while.

Have you played Device 6? It's one of my favorite mobile games (along with Threes), text based but with some smart puzzles and great art style.

Since you seem to like runners, I made one called Sheep Dreams Are Made of This, it's more story based and very weird.

#18 Posted by Sweep (10507 posts) -

Mini Metro is my go-to procrastination game. You have to re-design famous subway systems from around the world. I really like the clean and minimal design. It's got that perfect balance of giving you just enough time to get everything working perfectly balanced and zen before it throws a spanner in the works and forces you to adapt.

Loading Video...

#20 Posted by wchigo (898 posts) -

Tap Titans 2

Ragnarok Online: Idle Poring

Fire Emblem Heroes

#21 Posted by GValo (626 posts) -

the Kingdom Rush games are fantastic. I love playing through the Room games around halloween each year too

#22 Posted by sparky_buzzsaw (8625 posts) -

Bloons TD6 is great, and has been supported fairly regularly with a new map and hero-type character here and there. It's a tower defense game with way more towers than the usual three or four you get in every other game, making it more about your own personal tactics than following a set pattern.

#23 Posted by DaringVixen (12 posts) -

Fate/Grand Order
Honkai Impact 3

#24 Posted by Alias (15 posts) -
#25 Posted by HellBrendy (1299 posts) -

Whenever I have 5 minutes I whip out Plants vs Zombies Heroes.

#26 Posted by HansBak (26 posts) -

@jamesyfx: Super Hexagon is simply addictive.

#27 Edited by Ravelle (3246 posts) -

Jurassic World Alive.

It's basically Pokemon Go but with dinosaurs and without the need to pump your pokemon with thousand of candy's to evolve, plus it features dinosaur fusing and the arena mode is fun.

#28 Posted by BabyChooChoo (7076 posts) -
  • Black Survival
  • Dungeon Maker
  • Downwell
  • Solitarica
#29 Posted by Pezen (2322 posts) -

Homescapes - A candy crush-esque match game in which you play to earn stars to renovate a house. It is surprisingly generous with bonuses and even almost 100 levels in I keep getting passed pretty tough levels without feeling like the game is cheap as a way to make me spend money. Some levels I have spent almost over a week on until finally beating them. It’s a nice game to play before bed.

Zero Escape - You need to go down 100 levels by elevator. But the interface is just text and a numberpad. The combination to get to the next level is a number/word puzzle. It can be a math question or a sentence or just words. For example, it may say (I made this up) ”Obama” and the answer might be his birth year, which number president he was or such. You can get a hint for credits you earn by beating levels or play a time challenge with math questions. It doesn’t have a way to pay for credits and you can only earn a set number of credits per hour on the time challenge. It’s a fun brain teaser.

#30 Posted by Rorie (5303 posts) -

I haven't been playing much lately but I still really recommend Bejeweled Stars to anyone who likes match-3 stuff.

Staff
#31 Posted by ichthy (1340 posts) -

SMT Dx2, I'm never not auto-grinding in that game. Aside from that I'm still working through the Cube Escape/Rusty Lake series of games.

#32 Posted by Captain_Insano (3417 posts) -

I don't really play games on my phone at all that much.

When I do, they're mostly digital representations of Board Games.

The ones I have/the best implementations that I play a bit are:

- Agricola

- Mr Jack Pocket (this one is particularly addictive)

- Brass

- 7 Wonders

I also play a bit of Typeshift every now and again.

#36 Edited by Anthenagin (10 posts) -

Here are some of my favorites on iOS

Cook, Serve, Delicious! - Cooking sim {?) Ryan and Jeff did a quick look if you wanna check it out. Works very well on Mobile

Imbroglio - This is kind of hard to describe, but it's a Rogue-lite (or like, whatever you call em) where you move around on a 4x4 grid. Enemies spawn randomly and your attacks are determined by which tile you're standing on. Heard about it on Idle Thumbs and it's been one of my favorite mobile games.

Super Hexagon - Fast past action game.

Donut County is also very good on mobile. Haven't finished it yet, but works well with touch controls.

#37 Edited by L33T_HAXOR (937 posts) -

It’s still Desert Golfing for me. Perfect way to kill 5-20 minutes.

#42 Edited by teo22 (70 posts) -

Mobile games are dogshit, no exceptions. I'd much rather read a magazine or listen to music if I have to kill time.

@the_greg said:

I play more games on Android than any other platform at this point.

Shadowgun Legends - Basically Destiny Mini. Maybe the highest quality game I've played on mobile.

"This guy seems to know about mobile games, let's see..."

Loading Video...

I see these games on the Play store all the time and always assumed they're just scams designed to fool Indian teenagers but you're telling me there are adults who knowingly and willingly play this shit and even consider it "high quality"?

#45 Posted by dudeglove (13572 posts) -

Battle for Polytopia is a lot of fun.

#47 Posted by BBAlpert (2863 posts) -
@the_greg said:

Free Heroes 2 - Just Heroes of Might & Magic 2 on mobile.

WHAT?!?

*immediately looks it up*

Oh wow, you weren't kidding when you said it was "just HoMM2 on mobile." They're not even trying to be subtle about it, either.

#48 Posted by The_Greg (464 posts) -

@bbalpert: Yea, they're totally giving out those files through the application. It's a great port too!

You can download a bunch of map packs in the app. All the HoMM2 you can ever want, in the palm of your hand.

#49 Posted by Puchiko (788 posts) -

I'm currently playing

1. Danmachi Memoria Freese
  2. Fate Grand/Order
  3. Animal Crossing Pocket Camp

The first 2 are Gatcha games with terrible drop rates. I'm playing Danmachi for the story since it continues/adds on to the anime/manga. It is the most generous when it comes to F2P games but the community and devs are just the worst.

I'm playing FG/O only for the waifus... The battle system is overly complicated and the stamina regen is brutal.

Animal Crossing is surprising good. It not a true Animal Crossing but its enough to keep me addicted and is great for playing in 15 minute spurts every 3 hours. I've been playing casually since Day 1 and have never spent a dime and have nearly everything I want.

Avatar image for lokihellfire2008
#50 Posted by lokihellfire2008 (130 posts) -

I love Xcom games, so naturally I went looking for one on mobile. I found a game called Aliens Versus Humans (AVH) that is like XCOM 1. This is not like the new XCOM reboots, this is like the original UFO Defense game. Expect old art style, but ultimately a good XCOM stand-in to play on the go.

Biggest issue for me is the controls, it can be sometimes difficult to select the exact square you want to move to, or select the right soldier, but this can be expected on a touch screen game and fat fingers.