Stadia has folks talking about internet infrastructure around the world. What's your location, download speed, cost, and data cap?
I'm in a major USA city at 70Mb down for $70/month with a 1 terrabyte data cap.
50 down/5 up with a 400GB cap for I think $80 a month. It's also not as reliable of a connection as it used to be. I'd be skeptical if Stadia worked stably on my connection.
The cap is the biggest problem these days. Downloading one game on PSN or steam can now blow through 10% of it. I gotta look into getting better service.
Rural Maine, anywhere between 1-5 Mbps down. It’s the best that’s offered where I currently live. I recently switched to my phone’s hotspot for online games because it can do closer to 25-30 Mbps down (unlimited data). No data cap on the internet, but there’s a soft cap on my phone’s data past 25 gigs. The sort of thing where I may get slowed during peak hours. I’m not sure peak hours even exist out here.
Approx. 30mb down avg. and like 3 mg up. $54/month.
Shitty AT&T fiber. Comcast offers much faster for more $ w/package deals, phone, TV, internet etc. btw in my area.
Works for me now really, but I'll have to upgrade I bet to get on that streaming train apparently after that Stadia info.
Small town USA, population as of census 2010 - 54,000. We have two providers in the area but one only services about 70% of the area, the other 30% are limited to the other provider. I am in that 30%.
8 down / .65 up @ around $40.00 per month. Stadia is useless to me. I have a hard enough time streaming GB's live broadcasts without buffering every 30 seconds. Who knows if I have a cap. At these speeds I doubt I could reach it.
Canada, major city
(Supposed to be) 100mb up and down... but I never, ever get that.
1TB cap - the penalties for going over can be up to $45CAD per month; unlimited bandwidth is an extra $15CAD per month iirc
$90 CAD per month (~68USD) - we get hosed here in Canuckland
Stadia's online tool only clocked me in around 20-35 mbsp the three times I've tried it. Not optimistic.
Middle of fuck nowhere, Michigan.
My options out here are Dial-up or very expensive Satellite with very very low data caps worse than my phone has. My only option to get any kind reliable internet is through AT&T data plans. So obviously Stadia is not even a viable option for me, it's part why I own a Switch, because I do not need an internet connection to play most games.
Small town NC, USA
Just switched from DSL to cable (Spectrum) 2 days ago. Theoretical up to 200mbps down, wired (though it seems unstable - been getting anywhere from 40-200 in the dozen plus times I've checked). Seems about 10-12 up. No data cap. Promotional pricing at $50/month, "normal" price $70/mo
DSL (3mbps, $40/mo) and Spectrum are my only 2 options out here
400 down and 25 up at $90/month and no cap. Checked the Stadia speed test and got 200 down. Not surprising since I'm in rural upstate New York, on the other side of the country from those servers.
In the near future, I'll have the option of getting symmetrical gigabit Internet from another ISP at $160/month. Crazy expensive. And will I get this crazy fast Internet? Maybe, if this Stadia thing takes off or another service like it and it becomes the only way to play
the latest games.
UK about 20 down 10 up, no caps & around £50. It is a thoroughly bad deal by UK standards, from a very old contract that I really need to change. I know people on my street that get twice as much for half the price...
Although I have absolutely zero interest in streaming games so it's not a pressing issue for me beyond being a shitty deal that's wasting money.
I'm in a large US city with 100 Mb/s down and up with no cap for $55/month on verizon fios.
For the first year it was only $40/month, but I was also only getting 50 Mb. The speed went up around the time the deal expired. In reality the wifi router I bought from them only reliably gives ~40 Mb/s on the 2.4 GHz band and my PC is not compatible with the 5 GHz band for whatever reason. That and, in the past few months I have had some intermittent connectivity issues, like speeds dropping to 0 for a few seconds every minute or so, makes streaming nearly impossible at times.
Please Log In to post.
Log in to comment