Your expectations for the next-gen gaming era? (9th Gen)

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hello

I would like to share my expectations of the next-gen gaming era (Consists of PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch) are:

• Polyphony Digital has to learn its mistakes from Gran Turismo Sport in order to improve while developing Gran Turismo 7.
  • Turn 10 has to learn its mistakes from Forza Motorsport 5, 6 & 7 in order to improve while developing Forza Motorsport Reboot.
  • EA must turn off microtransactions and free 2 play elements in their commercial release games plus not to close down its subsidiaries including Codemasters, Criterion, etc.
  • Slightly Mad Studios must fix the Project Cars franchise since the 3rd installment was criticized for being too arcade.
  • Kunos Simulazioni must make Assetto Corsa 3 to be more accessible for beginners.
  • Sony Interactive Entertainment must bring MotorStorm and WipEout back by commissioning XDev Studios (One of its subsidiaries).
  • Nintendo must bring F-Zero and Excite Truck back.
  • I hope 343 Industries won't ruin the Halo series again.
MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

With a year long pandemic, a chip and silicone shortage, as well as all 3 major companies really have little to few releases to announce this year, I just don't expect much coming from any of them. Sure there is new hardware but nothing worth spending $500 to get in on that. With more of AAA games starting to charge $70 as a standard, I just have less and less interest in anything coming from a major publisher. I just feel the industry as a whole is eating itself to spite it self, and I feel especially with these "surprise mechanics" we are going to get regulation far sooner with these gambling machines in video games.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With a year long pandemic, a chip and silicone shortage, as well as all 3 major companies really have little to few releases to announce this year, I just don't expect much coming from any of them. Sure there is new hardware but nothing worth spending $500 to get in on that. With more of AAA games starting to charge $70 as a standard, I just have less and less interest in anything coming from a major publisher. I just feel the industry as a whole is eating itself to spite it self, and I feel especially with these "surprise mechanics" we are going to get regulation far sooner with these gambling machines in video games.

I want COVID-19 to end as soon as possible.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think this console generation will have a bit slower of a start. I think gaming is at high, but the lack of stocks of new consoles and the slowed development of some games will just start this generation off slowly. I guess we could expect that holiday 2021 will do a bit better and that a more normalized marketplace will occur far after.

That said I think NONE of your proportion for what 'must be done' or 'what developers' have learned will 'bear fruit'. I don't expect a truly normalized market for games to exist until 2023.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That the entire industry will go to shit and that I'll just give up on gaming and desperately try to marry any girl who would talk to me at the equivalent of a Tomboy Outback Steakhouse.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

At this point I wish Microsoft and Sony had been able to pump the brakes on this gen completely.

This generation is feeling like a total false-start, and I'm worried both MS and Sony will once again have outdated hardware before they even get really rolling on the software front.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gtxforza
gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gtxforza
@whitegreyblack said:

At this point I wish Microsoft and Sony had been able to pump the brakes on this gen completely.

This generation is feeling like a total false-start, and I'm worried both MS and Sony will once again have outdated hardware before they even get really rolling on the software front.

I agree, I personally won't buy PS5 Pro and Xbox Series X 8K upgrade and to me having the regular PS5 and Xbox Series X is good enough.