Your favorite game stories of today?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

For me personally, It's Dead Space and Assassin's Creed, those two games are the ones I most want to see how they end, and where they're heading next. I just beat Assassin'd Creed Brotherhood (literally), the credits are going and all I have to say is, what the fuck? Both in a good and bad way I guess. I won't spoil it for those unfortunate enough not to play it yet, like I was a few days ago. OK, I have to go! Bye. Oh, what are your favorites in recent memory? 

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By crusader8463

Dragon Age: Origins before DA 2 took a big steaming shit all over it. I was also a big fan of the guys from Bad Company. The universe is pretty generic shooter fare, but those guys are four of the best characters I have seen in anything in a long time. They play off each other perfectly.

protomessiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By protomessiah

Dragon Age Origins, the Mass Effect games [particularly the first one], Metal Gear Solid 4 and the Assassins Creed games. I also thought Bioshock told an incredible story.

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By MoonlightMoth

The Longest Journey / Dreamfall. Ragnar Tornquist is wasted on MMOs. 
Recently, Nier was pretty awesome.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

If you mean tales that have you to come to a conclusion, I definitely want to see how Mass Effect 3 ends. I'm also interested in seeing Soap and Price's continuing CoD adventures, but that's pretty much the only part of MW3's plot I'm interested in. Finally, there's Saints Row 3 and Assassin's Creed's storyline. 

For games in recent memory, Ghost Trick's story is probably my favorite of the games I've played this year. Second place would go to 999.  

Nier's story, one I experienced recently, was intriguing at first, and I eventually wanted to see it through, but it ended up disappointing me.

Tasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Tasus

I really like the Warcraft universe. If we're just talking story, either Half-Life 2, Max Payne or GTA IV.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Half Life, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Uncharted

Gears of War to a lesser degree.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Portal, Bioshock (although 1 much more than 2), Half-Life and Mass Effect are my favourites. As far as Assassin's Creed goes, those games do a very good job of presenting you with an engaging world and have a good enough plot, but they always go way off the rails at the end and ruin it for me.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Slaker117

Red Dead Redemption is definitely up there. Only game I can think of that had any real emotion impact on me. Also, it's not the most complex piece of fiction around, but CoD4 had a really nicely paced campaign with some neat storytelling tricks. The series has since went totally cocaine-fueled insane, but the original Modern Warfare still sticks out as one of my favorite single-player experiences for it's ability to be intense without getting too ridiculous.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Jaktajj

Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

Not only the best game story of I've experienced in years but probably the best story of any media. Other than that, I'd go with Mass Effect, Digital: A love story, the Warcraft series (up until wrath of the lich king), Bioshock....

@Flaime: Oooooo definitely Max Payne!