My personal favorites are (In no particular order):

plinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By plinko

There's soooo many that I love now that I'm looking these up but just to pick a couple, I love Hotline Miami's music and the menu design themselves as well.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Hotline Miami 2 especially. Once you beat the game, it completely changes how you look at the menu. I don't want to spoil it but it's really neat and I love how they did that. I love the song itself too. I find it incredibly calming.

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I know. COD Squad stuff. I remember when the series was relatively fresh, though. I really like Black Ops II's theme.

Loading Video...

I also loved Blur's various menu themes.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Kane and Lynch 2 struck a chord.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Who could forget the theme to Killer Instinct for Xbox One?

Loading Video...

Rounding things up are a theme from a great retro styled shmup and a crossover I never thought I'd see. I've got plenty more favorites, but I'll end things here.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MechaShadow84

@gtxforza: Indeed! I'm still pissed that Bizarre doesn't exist anymore. On another note, I managed to actually play a few matches of Blur online on my 360 just last year. I was blown away that people were still playing it!

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I messed up in your previous menu theme thread because i included a game from 2012, i deleted that post, but now i can have my revenge.
Before the game came out this music was used in one of their preview trailers listing off a bunch of the games features, but as soon as i heard it it struck a chord within me, like it was created for the soul purpose of moving me emotionally, when the game FINALLY came out and i got to the main menu, with the arena slowly panning in the background at night, bright neon lights, fireworks, this music playing, i cried, it was a perfectly delivery of a game i had been watching through phone camera footage of arcades and had to wait another year before it came to consoles.

Loading Video...

I just sat at the main menu bathing in it for minutes, i've never been so excited for a game since, this is my automatic number 1 menu theme of all time not just because of how it sounds but how it makes me feel, a soundtrack for an unapologetic good time.

Other themes i can think of...
Tom Clancy's HAWX (this also makes me cry every time, just... wow)
(OH GOD IT'S FROM 2009, I DON'T CARE I'M KEEPING IT F*** YOU)
Mafia 2 (you've got to me kidding me with this theme)
Bulletstorm
Anno 2070 (beautiful)
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (same composer as Tekken, Ryan Davis's favourite theme of all time?)
I'm sure there's a lot i'm not thinking of, might add them later.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Loading Video...

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Loading Video...

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one's from Destiny 2. To date, this is my absolute favorite menu theme for the game.

Loading Video...

Here's another fighting game theme, this time from Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN. It's not as catchy as the character select theme, but it's a nice menu theme.

Loading Video...

Speaking of fighting games, here's KOF XIII's menu theme. It's mellow and high energy at different points, which really fits the game.

Loading Video...

Here's the menu theme for your custom character in Sonic Forces. As a lifelong Sonic fan, I really wish this game would have been better. The music can be pretty nice, at least.

Loading Video...

That's all for now. Enjoy!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mechashadow84: Guilty Gear XRD is a good fighting game but I hope Guilty Gear -Strive- and the next BlazBlue fighting game will be even better.

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

gotta be this!

DoctorFaust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would probably have to do a "Ranking of Menus" analysis to provide an honest, scientific answer. But to contribute, here are a few artists I didn't see listed, if people want to explore further:

@plinko: The Hotline Miami 1 song is "Horse Steppin'" by Sun Araw. The Hotline Miami 2 song is "Untitled 2" by The Green Kingdom.

@peteycoco: This is an English version of "Samayoeru Aoi Dangan" by B'z, a '90s J-Rock group. Well, they're still releasing number 1 albums to this day, but the song is decidedly from their '90s era. The English version is called "Into Free -Dangan-".

Instead of actually thinking about it, the first thing that popped into my head was this little tune from an esoteric STG that only plays under certain conditions.

Loading Video...

Definitely from the tail end of the 2010s, but this song literally slaps (bass).

BigSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, how could this not be one of the best menu themes:

Loading Video...

supermoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: I think Strive looks pretty sick, but I wonder if the online play will be solid. Regarding BlazBlue, I fell off that train after the first new version years ago. It always felt like a "not Guilty Gear" to me, but I can certainly respect the hard work of the developers.

dialthedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By dialthedude

Bit of a fondness for one of the more recent games

Loading Video...

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hayt
Loading Video...

Alien: Isolation has one of the most effective menu screens I can remember. The way the music works with the tiny station and the planet sets the tone perfectly.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

neuroflare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls 2!

Loading Video...

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gtxforza

@facelessvixen said:

Thank god for high speed internet.

Anyway. Mine is Need for Speed Underground 1.

I remember the Need For Speed Underground series where players rice their cars from early moments of the career mode then they become tuner as they progress through the game.

Also in Underground 2, the majority of A.I opponents' cars are riced.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure there's more, but this one's the first to come to mind.

Loading Video...

PurpleShyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

You could say that listening to this made me feel like Batman listening to very good music.