Your favorite premium content in the last 3 years?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

Hey, I haven't been premium in awhile but I'm gonna do the 30 trial and check out some of the stuff they've done in the last few years.

I heard rumblings about Tender Loving Care and since my favorite stuff were the shorter length story heavy stuff like Life is Strange, Contradiction, and Phantasmagoria, I'll be sure to check that out.

I was also big on stuff like Demo Derby, trip down memory-lane from the PS2 era is my sweet-spot for old games content.

13 Deadly Sims sounded really cool so I'll def see that one.

Anyways, what's been your favorite premium content from the last few years?

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

13 Deadly Sims was excellent, as was Crime Crew even if you don't like GTAV, not sure if it's premium or not but the Pro Skater streams are very enjoyable if you have nostalgia for those games.

Squadaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only just got premium in May although I've watched a bit of the back catalogue (Tender Loving Care was certainly something). Crime Crew was probably my favorite premium stuff this year. I also enjoyed the Command and Conquer Red Alert playdate a lot.

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Beast in the East

2. Crime Crew

3. Mass Alex

If this was it’s own series it would be in the top 3 but you still need to check out some of the UPFs from this year for ‘Business Dave’s Top 10 Lists.’

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

I really love Jeff Gerstmann’s Pro Skater. I wish it was on a regular schedule. Demo Derby and Game Tapes are always good as well. On the East Coast, my picks are Die Another Friday and Mass Alex.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demo Derby, Game Tapes, Beast in the East, Shenmue Endurance Run, Tender Loving Care, Business Dave's Top 10 Lists, All Systems Goku (can't remember if this was premium or not).

These are the ones I remember from the top of my head and pretty much the only ones I would consider worth of getting a premium subscription.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

VinnyVania is the main reason why I give this site money.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

It's definitely 13 Deadly Sims for me. GBE stuff is usually on at an annoying time in the morning, but I made sure to wake up to watch them.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zombie2011

GBE play dates when Austin was around are great. Think that was less then 3 years ago...

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OMGFather

Beast in the East and Mass Alex.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Beast in the East and Mass Alex. Which is apparently a popular answer.

Gotta Godhand was a lot of fun, as well as Grapes and Wrath. Jason and Ben have a surprisingly good dynamic.

Vinnyvania and Vinnystania. And I don't remember if This is the Run for Contra: Hard Corps was premium, but that's my favorite series they've done. Maybe ever?

icoangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As other have said Beast in the East and Mass Alex as well as Crime Crew would be my favs.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Everything GBeast does, especially Mass Alex (but Mass Effect is my favorite game series of all time, I can't wait for ME3) and Crime Crew. I mostly fell off of the west-content, I just don't think the chemestry is there even though I epecially like Jan and his humor.

Arcitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

The first episode of burgle my bananas.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombie2011:

Austin left halfway through 2016, so just misses the 3 year cutoff.

Garr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Garr123

I really enjoyed Exquisite Corps. I hope they do another for War of The Chosen some day.

I am aware they were a bit colder on XCOM 2 than the original, but WOTC turns a bunch of dials up to 11 and your team is eventually a gang of superheroes who can do some truly absurd bullshit, i.e. a turn where one soldier single-handedly obliterates a dozen aliens while running across the entire map. This is on top of the DLC* with the big fuck off robots you can build.

It's a lot of cool guy stuff Dan would appreciate.

*The Alien Hunters DLC is pretty rough, though. Some people seem to love it, but I personally find the Rulers more frustrating and unfair than anything.

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

@2headedninja: Sadly I have to agree. East is killing it despite working in a broom closet.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Mass Alex and Abby playing Resident Evil.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 1

Crime Crew, Clue Crew/Nancy Drew, and 13 Deadly Sims. Playdate is my favourite show overall, but I think it's 3+ years now. I really like Jeff's coverage of older games as well, in their various show forms.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Crime Crew and Ex Corps for Premium stuff.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Demo Derby. The weird ephemera of 90s gaming is my favorite part of the hobby, and DD was amazing for that. Shame they never got into PC Gamer discs and such (assuming the feature is dead), although I understand why given what a pain in the ass it is to get all that stuff up and running on modern hardware, and that it appeals to an even smaller niche than the console discs did. But yeah, my dream feature if viewership and tech complications weren't an issue is GBW digging through old shareware compilations and/or those bootleg Doom/Duke/etc. level packs. There's comedy gold in them thar hills.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Wow, a three year range? Okay.

• Demo Derby even though that has been going on forever.
  • Game Tapes I think that has been more inline with that last 5 years
  • Mass Alex 1 & 2 have bene huge highlights
  • Shenmue was fun too, aged terribly but that can be fun to watch being played.
  • Nancy Drew and Residents Evil with Abbey.
  • Exquisite Corps was good, but a bit too much Dan shenanigans.

I wish they would do Demo Derby more often with Jeff, Jason and Jan Ochoa. That would be something Ben could run the Tricaster on - good experience for switching feeds for Ben. And, an addition to Demo Derby would be to build a retro Win 95 or DOS 7 machine that could load PC Gamer Discs! PC Gamer demos were a awesome and would highlight some 90s gaming. If needed, they could likely get Will Smith to help build a retro machine, it is always good to see Will.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Steal My Sunshine is the best.

mikachops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mikachops

Steal My Sunshine (goat series honestly)
Shenmue Endurance Run
Demo Derby

I would have put Garfield with Gerstmann but turns out that's free, which is crazy.

Burgle my Bananas is definitely up there.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steal My Sunshine

Playdates on GBE - seem to just pick games i'm more interested it. (RE2 was good fun)

6 crazy frights

13 deadly sims

Honestly in the last 3 years GBW hasn't done anything I've found entertaining which is disappointing as Jeff & Brad are the soul of the company.

NateArcade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@philipduck said:

Honestly in the last 3 years GBW hasn't done anything I've found entertaining which is disappointing as Jeff & Brad are the soul of the company.

Do you think this corresponds with the crew changeup? This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think GBE has made much better hiring decisions than GBW in the last few years...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was the pubg stuff within 3 years? I liked that a lot. The Yakuza 0 playthrough...

and Shenmue was free right? But that is up there as well

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Crime Crew, Steal My Sunshine and Mass Alex.

I really should watch more of the Austin Walker stuff as I loved their play through of Contradiction. I need to watch through the Phantasmagoria

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Murder Island and Steal My Sunshine

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toss up between Beast in the East and 13 Deadly Sims.... If I had to choose, it's the latter.

With 13 Deadly Sims, my girlfriend even wanted to watch.. and she only has a minor interest in gaming, and has no clue what a Giant Bomb is.

I'd also check out the kerbal stuff they did many moons ago (pun intended).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Loved Crime Crew

Haven’t laughed so hard in a while and unlike other series it kept me constantly entertained. Enjoyed Sunshine but would sometimes tune out after a while.

That said 90% of content from the East Coast is golden.

XackyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steal My Sunshine is my all-time Giant Bomb favorite. My other two would be Get on My Level and Shenmue Endurance Run.

GBE has really been killing it.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I’ve been watching Steal My Sunshine and jfc, I kinda can’t believe how impatient Alex can be.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clue Crew, Mass Alex, and Steal My Sunshine are all great. All the pre-Clue Crew Nancy Drew stuff is fun too. Thirteen Deadly Sims was pretty ok.

@arcitee said:

The first episode of burgle my bananas.

This one is great purely because you get to see Dan slowly come to the realization of just how shitty DK64 is and how broken the rules they came up with for the series were.

frustratedlnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Contra Hard Corps season of "This is The Run"

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h: him struggling to set up the shop is also one of those moments that is comedy in it's purest form.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By BaneFireLord

Demo Derby and Game Tapes have always been appointment viewing. More recently, Jeff Gerstmann's Pro Skater and Clue Crew have gotten up there too. I really enjoy hearing Jeff talk about industry history (DD, GT and JGPS) and I love it when the crews just kinda chill out and riff while one of them plays a low-stakes single player game (JGPS, CC). I miss Bring Your B Game for similar reasons.

I would have put Garfield with Gerstmann but turns out that's free, which is crazy.

I would pay an embarrassing amount of extra money on top of my subscription fee for more Garfield With Gerstmann.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a tough question, does the Hitman stuff fall into that last 3 years or was that mostly 2016? I guess that kind of still counts given that it's only early 2020 though....

I really liked Crime Crew, it obviously had lots of set up and was a very different editing style for them but I felt they really had some of the best moments in recent premium memories there. VinnyVannia or VinnyStania has always been a gem. Clue Crew has evolved into one of the better long running things too, but this sites love of adventure games probably never going to die. Mass Alex and the X-com playthrough both rank pretty highly for me too.

Ranking of Fighters as well has been a great staple, I know West doesn't get as much love feature wise but that still remains a top one. And while it's a lot of solo work (and I don't think premium now that I think about it) Pokemonday Night Combat is awesome too. Jeffs Pro Skater thing probably is a better feature concept than it has been in execution. It hasn't been bad, but it's more of a sit chill and listen to tunes while you bullshit and play these old awesome games. Which is fine, but premium wise it's not like packing the laughs if that is what your into. The intro remains one of their most amazing uses of green screen though.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any East content where it was just Dan, Vinny and Mahardy

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers