Your favorite video game manuals

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I get that with this day and age with the internet and games including instructions within the product, that Instruction Manuals are a thing of the past. However, I kind of miss instruction manuals as they could serve as a study guide for the game while that title loads up on your console or computer. Some of which even helped give you a better understanding about that game's lore and story. So what is your favorite game manuals or instruction booklets?

Here's mine: Wario World for the GC. Admittedly I wish the game itself was better as it lets Wario Land moves like Piledrivers on enemies, but gets repetitive after a while. The instruction booklet, however, was a great way to sell you on Wario World because it felt like it was written by Wario himself. Seriously this booklet oozed in personality as Wario makes snarky comments about his enemies and boasts about his ego throughout the whole thing. This instruction booklet does a better job describing Wario's character than most of the games he's in. Here's this picture where Wario is describing his anatomy. Its pretty great:

No Caption Provided

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

GOAT

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really like the PC manuals for the Ultima games because they are like small compendiums full of great illustrations and detailed information about the world. It all feels fully realized.

No Caption Provided

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Dray2k

Homeworld 1

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@kingbonesaw: I also liked the GTA manuals a lot. Apparently Rockstar has official PDF's of most of their game manuals. Looking at the vice city manual makes me want to start a new game right now.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Final Fantasy IV (er II), just for having a bit of a strategy guide for the first part of the game included. Was vague enough to be enticing about the rest of the game.