Your favorite youtube "Let's Play" series and why.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Video_Game_King said:

You might want to try out the LP Archive, since that's where you'll find a ton of the good LPs out there. 

Thanks, but I doubt I'm gonna go through a website fishing for LPs. 

• DeceasedCrab's Cocoron. Perfect amount of personality between the player and the game.
  • Uh.......I can't really name any others. KingBroly's LP of Fire Emblem 4 might count, since it's actually a good FE4 LP (trust me, they're hard to find), but he never finished it.
Links? I'm totally up to watching someone play through one of your favorite games that I find very old and eerie! 

@rjayb89 said:

Not a fan of a specific series by AccountingNightmare but I find her playthroughs of the Devil May Cry games very impressive. I think they're very informative and very fun watching how insanely good she is at those games.

Hmm, this might just be my next LP! I'm very intrigued by the Devil May Cry games but I just couldn't stomach DMC4 or enjoy it. Thanks.

@McGhee said:

Watch TotalBiscuit and Jesse Cox play Terraria. It's hilarious.

I dunno, I'm more interested in story-driven singleplayer LPs, but I might give it a try. 

@Aronman789 said:

OMFGCata's Lord of The Rings War in The North (awesome CO-OP commentary and good laughs) and The Witcher 2 (filled with nice blind-play through fuck ups)

PlumpHelmetPunk's Sid Meier's Pirates Gold (great pirate fun) and Rune Factory 3 (harvest moon is the shit)

Jefmajor's Assassin's Creed (awesome mix between stupid fun and looking into some of the more serious parts of the game) and Black and White (just dumb fun)

also try out

Veriax's Interactive Morrowind (cool viewer-player interaction)

GrimithR's Emperor- Battle for Dune (strange humor, might not be for everyone)

I'll probably not watch the LOTR one since that game sucks, and not Witcher 2 cause I'm trying to beat it. Finished Assassin's Creed 3 times. Will try the rest though. Thanks!
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Azteck

On YouTube? All the shit Freelance Astronauts re-uploaded from Viddler. Most good Let's Plays are found on like blip.tv (via LParchive)

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By cronus42

I love watching the Team Four Star LP's. Its 4 guys who play co-op games. They've gone through Reach, and are playing through Serious Same 3 right now, which are both pretty hilarious, but it's the L4D2 games they play that make them so great. A lot of really good banter and Dead Island TNT levels of stupidity, which in my book is always a good thing.

Link:http://teamfourstar.com/page-lpepisodes

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#54  Edited By Castiel

The Giantbomb Endurance Run videos on youtube is my favorite youtube "Lets Play".

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#55  Edited By Video_Game_King

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Video_Game_King said:

You might want to try out the LP Archive, since that's where you'll find a ton of the good LPs out there.

Then what the fuck are you doing on YouTube?

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SpencerTucksen

Cry Plays Amnesia: The Dark Descent, specifically the ones from a couple years ago. You could also say  his Penumbra and Amnesia: Custom Stories Let's Plays are pretty great. Mostly because he's actually scared in the original and penumbra ones. He's only scared for the beginning of the custom stories.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SlasherMan

Freeman's Mind is pretty damn entertaining. Casts a different light on the whole Gordon Freeman story. :P

Don't know if you can call it a LP, but whatever. Here's the first episode:

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By icicle7x3

@49th said:

Also, retsupurae is quite funny, they take the piss out of bad youtube LPs like the one above.

Gonna have to agree. I love a good retsupurae, check these guys out.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Video_Game_King said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Then what the fuck are you doing on YouTube?

Watching select videos of select uploaders of course!
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#60  Edited By Video_Game_King

@AhmadMetallic:

These are essentially the same thing, aren't they? I mean, some of the people recommended in this thread also appear in the LP Archive.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Mystyr_E

awesome accent and he's hilarious.

"Esophagus? EEsophagus? You mutha---"

also his "hurry up Chris! hurry, hurry hurrrraaaaaay!"

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#63  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@ESREVER said:

Kikoskia and Hamst3r

I agree. Kikoskia is one of the few LPers I can stand, thanks in part to his sweet accent and non-overbearing commentary. I cannot admit to having watched a ton of our very own Hamst3r's work, but I do remember his Amnesia playthrough being all kinds of good.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By swoxx

Technically, the P4 ER is on youtube, so I'm going for that.

ljrepoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ljrepoman

i agree i love watching gaming videos but only if theres some good commentary. i cant just watch gamplay unless i'm using it as a walkthrough and im stuck in a game.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I'm currently watching these: 

@rjayb89 said:

Not a fan of a specific series by AccountingNightmare but I find her playthroughs of the Devil May Cry games very impressive. I think they're very informative and very fun watching how insanely good she is at those games.

@Coafi said: 

This is the only "Let's Play" I've seen from beginning to end, I really enjoyed it, the guy goes all out trying to make sense of what's happening in this whole game. He makes fun of how terrible the whole game is, but at the same time, he explains with depth about the Silent Hill games and how little this game relates to it. I highly recommend it!

Thanks guys, both LPs are so awesome. 

-----------------------------------
@TobbRobb said:

Chip and Ironicus plays 50cent: Blood on the Sand.

It's just plain awesome, the game is awesome, the commentary is awesome.

Watch it naaaaow.

This looks promising, will go for it soon!  

@Marz said: 

Hamst3r's Super Meat Boy lets play.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE69B2FFC45F2A03E

I watched a couple of those, Hamst3r is awesome and the LP was fun but, I dunno, it's SMB, you know? :P
swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By swoxx

@AhmadMetallic: SIENE CROSSING

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#69  Edited By TobbRobb

@ljrepoman: I did that with Ghost Trick, but that game is pretty awesome by itself.

Chias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Chias

Not really a Youtube LP as it was made for Something Awful, the Let's Play 20 Years of Sonic series is pretty damn entertaining, it's two guys who decided to do the craziest thing they could do for Sonic's 20th anniversary and play through every Sonic game ever made, mind you they aren't very great at the game, and the commentary tends to stray from Sonic, but they manage to keep it interesting. They just finished Adventure 2, so there's a bit to catch up with.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By shaunk

I usually avoid LP's because they are generally hosted by people who sound like total nerds who have very little redeeming qualities. Looking at the LP archive which someone earlier linked to, I was not aware that there were people who did screenshot run throughs. That kind of defeats the purpose to me but with a quick glance at a random page on the FF8 LP, some of the captions seem pretty funny.

The LP archive seems promising.

volemaulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By volemaulder

I'll second Veriax. I liked his interactive Morrowind LP a lot. And other LPs by him. He fails a lot (something that he warns the viewers about), but I like his personality, so it's entertaining.

Another interesting LP is LuckyLoremaster's Morrowind (yes, again) LP. But be warned. He role plays and it's a little slow. I like role playing, so slowness is not an issue for me. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, though. He is a recent discovery of mine, so I haven't checked his other stuff yet.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#73  Edited By BeachThunder

Given that the sequel is inbound, I was searching for stuff on Wasteland and I stumbled upon a great LP series. I am honestly really impressed by how he adds his own little details about the characters, their motivations, the environment etc...

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By GS_Dan

Day9's let's play of Amnesia was fantastic.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#75  Edited By X19
JimmyEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By JimmyEcho

Cox and Crendor really make me laugh when they do stuff together

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Two Best Friends Play

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#78  Edited By Svenzon

Yahtzee has done some funny LPs. Personally I like the Manhunter: New York one, where his friend plays and he just comments. You can feel how frustrated they both get and it's hilarious.

bearklaw19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By bearklaw19

TheRadBrad is my fav on youtube

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By LikeaSsur

The Game Grumps are the only LP people I can constantly stand, but I'll watch others occasionally. Anyone who cuts their videos, screams into the mic, swears excessively for no reason, or has a facecam (and depends on it) can just quit Youtube for all I care.

What I'm saying is that PewdiePie is terrible.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By icicle7x3

@LikeaSsur said:

The Game Grumps are the only LP people I can constantly stand, but I'll watch others occasionally. Anyone who cuts their videos, screams into the mic, swears excessively for no reason, or has a facecam (and depends on it) can just quit Youtube for all I care.

Yup.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#82  Edited By AlexW00d

@Icicle7x3 said:

@LikeaSsur said:

Yup.

What a terrible human being.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By casper_

i liked when kikoskia played the original x-com. hes a relatively charming guy.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By 49th

Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus. The first LP I watched of their's was No More Heroes - after I completed each boss/minigame I would watch his video and that increased my enjoyment of the game a huge amount.

Recently watched their MGS LPs also while I was playing through the games and they basically taught me how to play properly. Lots of interesting information and most importantly they are really entertaining and well produced.

Edit: Whoa, I posted here already 1 year ago.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

As far as I'm concerned, there's only one Let's Play on Youtube:

goney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#86  Edited By goney

@ShadowConqueror said:

Two Best Friends Play

Agreed, though I often don't like the series that Machinima broadcasts. I prefer to watch the stuff that Matt uploads to his channel (TheSw1tcher). They're currently doing a Walking Dead LP.

Also they're Giant Bomb fans!

SkankinPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SkankinPacman

Mine would have to be Jesse Cox or Two Best Friends on their actual account, their Eternal Darkness play through was pretty damned funny.

FierceDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By FierceDeity

hpaw.net

Two of my favorites are their X-COM and Fallout 3 marathons.

The reason I like them? With the exception of their earlier marathons, they've had consistently good audio quality. They also have a larger cast than most let's plays (marathons typically involve 4 people). "WorldGoneAwry" in particular is interesting, as he's probably the best gamer among them and provides alot of unique perspective on military related stuff. Alot of the fun is also just listening to their reaction to stuff, sort of like the Endurance Runs here. Their MGS4 marathon is great for that.

They've also just done an absolute ton of stuff, and have been doing it for probably longer than most other let's play people. Their first marathon was shortly after Greg Kasavin's marathon of Oblivion (be warned, you can really tell from the voice that one of them was going through puberty in that video!).

RanmaRanma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By RanmaRanma

My top 5 Let's Plays:

1) Persona 4: Endurance Run

http://www.giantbomb.com/endurance-run-persona-4-part-01/17-219/

Vinny and Jeff make a great combination for just about anything, but their work here is unparalleled. Simply put, this playthrough is hilarious from start to finish. It delivers a lot of memorable moments, and the game itself is my all time favorite game.

2) The Spoony One's Phantasmagoria 2 LP

http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/phantasmagoria/

Another LP that's just plain funny. Spoony does a wonderful job of keeping the jokes coming, and they never fall flat. Spoony has a great natural charisma and sense for comedy. Highly recommended. "I heard that Curtis!"

3) Random PC Game: Phantasmagoria

http://www.giantbomb.com/random-pc-game-phantasmagoria-part-01/17-5406/

Vinny and Dave are another excellent duo, almost made for one another. This LP is a just a lot of fun and was completely unexpected. It's an Endurance Run without being one.

4) CannibalK9's Let's Play the Void

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8F47C6867017A55

Perhaps the most captivating LP out there. CannibalK9 does an amazing job of providing deep insight into a game that's largely open to interpretation. The game itself is very unique, dark and artsy, and it's got a wonderful atmosphere. CannibalK9's voice is just so soothing that you feel compelled to stay in this fascinating world forever. It won't make you laugh, but I consider this a must see.

5) Geop and Company's Let's Play Dark Souls (on-going)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3493343

Geop is another LPer with a great voice. This is a blind playthrough of a very hard, but highly atmospheric game. Despite the hardness, Geop does quite well for his first foray. Geop is aided by a few other people whom have actual experience with the game. These people include the well-voiced Vicas, who provides a lot of nice insight into the hidden lore of Dark Souls, Kuvo, who does a good job of both helping Geop and misleading him to deliver the true Dark Souls experience, and a few others. It's not over yet, but it's plenty long already and it's still on-going. There's good comedy here, good insight, and a nice chemistry between the guys.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By audiosnow

I usually dislike Let's Play series, but a few months ago I was looking around YouTube for videos of Manhunt, to see exactly what all the outcry was about. I stumbled upon TheBoomdooger, and there was something about his lo-fi recording quality and quiet, sedated voice-overs I found incredibly charming.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#91  Edited By ShadowMoses900

I'm currently watching a "let's play" of MineCraft by a guy called RenDog. He's hilarious and very informative, I also recommend HC Bailey if you're into older RPG's. There is also another guy by the name of Grimmeth or something that does a "Let's Play" of Daggerfall that's very good.

I love watching "Let's Play" videos, especially for new releases. They are a good way to learn about whether or not you want to buy a game, much more helpful than reviews IMO.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92  Edited By crusader8463

There's more just him playing the game until he gets bored, but Beagle Rush is my favourite guy on youtube at the moment. His X-Com and Arma II videos are fun to watch. He just does it as a hobby though so he doesn't regularly update.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By OfficeGamer

necro posting much?

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Example1013

Dunkey.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Most of the Let's Plays from Something Awful are pretty good.

mattscout007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#96  Edited By mattscout007

I really enjoy supergreatfriend's LPs. He's informative and amusing, and does great editing too.

This is his website http://www.supergreatfriend.com/ which collects all of his LPs.

His 100% run of Deadly Premonition is great, as is his LP of SWERY's previous work, Spy Fiction. Illbleed is another good one to watch, that game is just so weird, a clip from it appeared on Patrick's Worth Reading a few weeks ago. Also, I highly recommend watching through his current LP of Mode.

xMrSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By xMrSunshine

I despise Let's plays.

I hate it that it's the norm to talk over gameplay videos on Youtube.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By phrosnite
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Example1013: I love Videogamedunkey. Dude fucking cracks me up for hours on end. It's a dangerous game, watching his videos, because it can beget a spiral of chain-linked videos and hyperventilated laughter.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Ravenlight