Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
#1 Posted by Atlas (2738 posts) -

You know, those moments in games where you shift to the edge of your seat, mouth open, trying to comprehend what you are seeing. Either because they are so thrilling or challenging, or just because they are so incredibly awesome that you have to bow to the genius.

For me, I'd probably say my favourite moment was the final chapter of Half-Life 2; Episode 1, and looking back at City 17. That really was an amazing moment.

#2 Posted by SarazinRuin (161 posts) -

Last hour of EP.2

#3 Posted by DaveF (258 posts) -

The fight at the end of MGS4, and REX v RAY earlier on in the game.

#4 Posted by CountRockula (413 posts) -

This may come as a surprise to anyone looking at my avatar, but I thought the very ending of Metal Gear Solid 4 was crazy.

#5 Posted by Cecil (36 posts) -

The "Would ya kindly" surprise in Bioshock

#6 Posted by LouChou (491 posts) -
  • The Nuke in COD4
  • The reveal in Bioshock
  • The death of Aeris in FFVII
#7 Posted by Krypton (349 posts) -

MGS4 ending.

#8 Posted by DaveDog (75 posts) -

MGS4 the last hour, simply amazing!

#9 Posted by mattbodega (2281 posts) -

I've got a moment also from HL2:Episode 1! But mine comes just a little before that.
It's the encounter right before that strider at the end of the game. You're cranking up one of those slow crank gates so you and Alyx can get through. You manage to get the gate high enough so Alyx can crawl under, but just before you get the chance to go through yourself, that strider comes into view....and in an instant, you know that you ain't going through that gate.
Just awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a512bb9699
#10 Posted by deactivated-5b4a512bb9699 (391 posts) -

When you die in CoD4

#11 Posted by LouChou (491 posts) -
Krypton said:
"MGS4 ending.
"
MGS4's ending(s) reminded me of Lord of the Rings. The only difference is, where LOTR ended 87 times and I wanted to stab Peter Jackson in the gut, MGS4 ended 87 times and I wanted to weep in Kojima's arms like bitch.
#12 Posted by Oni (2331 posts) -

Rex vs Ray fight, YES. I mean Rex just headbutts Ray and stuff.

Also the first time I saw Kratos rip a dude in half in God of War. And many subsequent times throughout GoW 1 and 2.

#13 Posted by DappaDizzle (183 posts) -

Team Slayer 8 vs 8 Halo 3......

#14 Posted by Absurd (2932 posts) -

I saw this crazy reflex shot on counter Strike, You could barely see the shot in slow mo.

#15 Edited by Randolph (379 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden Black, was fending off those god forsaken black spider ninja, jumped away in the air after killing one, and by instinct did an on landing UT.  Managed to behead three of them at once who had all been right on my tail.  That was just too rad.  Also, the apartment building sequence in Alone in the Dark, that was a great set piece.  Too bad about the rest of the game.

#16 Posted by Hyperesthesiac (199 posts) -

HL: EP2. The fight in the house, when you are surrounded by the Combine and Hunters.

#17 Posted by veiledmuffin (215 posts) -

Call of Duty 4 was a freakin' roller coaster.

Aeris dying was pretty unexpected too.

#18 Posted by Dj (1044 posts) -

Anytime I played a boss encounter in God of War. Those scenes were just epic.

#19 Posted by sdodd02 (762 posts) -

The first time I cut a locust in half with the lancer in gears :D

#20 Posted by Dastardly (9 posts) -

The original Tomb Raider and more than a few of the levels. Never really saw anything of that scale in a game before the original TR. The added bonus was you actually traversed them too.