• 112 results
UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1,000 hours...........1,000 hours.

How do you hit this? How do you explain to people that you played a game for 1,000 hours? That means you played a game for 42 days straight.

Passion. Passion. A love of a game. How do you play a game for what ends up being 42 days straight? It's love. It's a game that hits your heart. I was happy when I hit my 1,000 honestly.

It's ARK. Now here's where I will back peddle. I know a lot of GB fans don't like these type of games, but that's mine. I know a lot of people have played Dota, League, etc. What's your 1,000 hour game?

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast. Played the absolute bejeesus out of that game, and loved just about every second of it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

The only thing I've put over 1000 hours into is Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. In fact, I'm currently more than 3x that amount.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ezekiel

Probably Battlefield 2. The only other is Dark Souls, the original, with over 2000. Max Payne 3 is now at 960 hours, according to Steam, and I'm not tired of it. I wish a lot more people played the multiplayer. One of the reasons I also play it so much is because I like making videos of it.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

I'm gonna bet it's Burnout Paradise.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i bet i reached that on Warcraft 3. Also Dota.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I don't have the exact numbers to back it up , but I played WoW just about every day for six years straight, so I'm going to guess I hit the 1000 mark on that one.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have no way of measuring this, but I'm certain I spent at least that much time playing WWF No Mercy on N64.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

If you combined my time playing Dota as a WC3 mod with time spent playing Dota 2 then it's definitely way over 1000 but I think I stopped playing Dota 2 just short of the 1000 mark, probably something like 880.

Takoyaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Fortress 2 and World of Warcraft got pretty close, but the first game I actually popped 1000 hours on was War Thunder. Between the hundreds of vehicles available, the variety between them and the constant updates I can easily see myself going for 2000 hours.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between all my save files ever, across Xbox 360 and PC, I have put over 3000 hours into Oblivion.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BoOzak

World of Warcraft, I dont think i've spent over 1000 hours on any other game.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EverQuest. Over 10,000 hours logged.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I've never managed to reach 1000 hours in anything. CS:GO might be my highest at a measly 297 hours. I like playing lots of different games I guess.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I put in around 2000 hours into Guild Wars 2 (stopped playing 2 years ago), but it's an MMO so it's very easy to do so in these kinds of games. In singleplayer games I have probably 1000+ in Fallout 3, NV, 4, Minecraft, Skyrim, and Mass Effect 2. If a game is an RPG/open world sandbox It's guaranteed I'm gonna put in a ton of hours into it, it's my favorite genre/mix.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By DinosaurCanada

I don't think I've hit it that yet honestly. I got close with Team Fortress 2, logged at around 900 something. Most of that was at the lowest setting. A lot of it was idling, but probably not that much in the grand scheme of things.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Christoffer

It's Dota 2 for me. But I don't know how much is actual gameplay and how much is spectating or just letting the client run in the background.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Guild Wars for me. I believe I had about 1,500 hours just on my main character, and several hundred hours on a separate character used for farming.

Guild Wars 2 would probably come in at a distant second with 500 hours or so, but I'm just guessing at that.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did over 2000 hours in Destiny 1, and I feel like I definitely surpassed 1000 in other games in the past, but it's impossible to verify. Halo 2 is a game I almost certainly put over 1000 hours into. In high school, that was my primary multiplayer game for like 3 years. The Halo Waypont site has me at around 4500 games played in Halo 2, averaging 15 minutes per game comes to over 1100 hours (which is probably low considering matches themselves would usually take 10-12 minutes, not to mention matchmaking times, custom games, multiple campaign playthroughs, and hanging out in lobbies between games chatting).

If there's any single player games that could possibly be near 1000 hours for me, it would be Ocarina of Time. I have completed that game countless times, probably close to 15 or 20 by my estimation, though it's hard to say how much time that encompasses. Probably not 1000, seeing as even 20 playthroughs would necessitate 50 hours a piece to reach 100 hours, but I have probably logged somewhere in the realm of 500-700 hours in Ocarina of TIme, likely 2000+ for the entire Zelda series, of which I've played most games several times or more each.

Then there's Mass Effect. Again, I certainly don't have 1000 in any one game in the trilogy, but between the three I'd wager I surpass 1000 hours. I've done like 6 or 7 full series playthroughs (And I played ME1 3 or 4 times before ME2 came out, and then a few more ME1-ME2 runthroughs before ME3 came out). It all works out to roughly 12 ME1 playthroughs, 9 ME2, and 7 ME3 completions. Some quick estimates based on how long it usually take me to complete each has it at around 360 hours for ME1, 340 for ME2, and 330 for ME3 (including about 50 hours of multiplayer). That comes out to 1030 hours. Obviously not one game, but still 1000 hours put into a singular experience.

Those are the only ones even close to 1000 hours that I can think of, but there are dozens more where I've played several hundred hours, but not even approaching 500. Dragon Age Origins, The Witcher 3, Oblivion, Persona 3, and Halo 3 are all certainly over 250 hours, along with others I can't think of off the top of my head, but 1000 is a lot. It's hard to play a game for that long.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By big_denim

I have no way of checking it, but I'd have to guess if there's one game I came close with, it was Counter-Strike 1.5/1.6 during my middle school and high school days. I played that game 5-6 hours a day every day for years.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steam says I have a bit over 900 hours in Civ 5. Add other Civs and I'm easily over a thousand. Still doesn't come close to how much I played WoW though. Some rough calculations from the /played I remember puts me at at least 20k hours, wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to or over 30k in total with every character included.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Across all versions of Persona 4 I've probably played 1000. The only other game that comes close is 580 hours in Skyrim.

Zeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games on Steam I have actual times for: Team Fortress 2 (over 2000), Rocket League (getting close to 2000), Factorio

Games that are likely: EVE Online, Guild Wars 1&2

I don't know, but it seems like probably a lot: Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

First game was most likely League of Legends. But I also did it in DotA 2. I think Street Fighter 4 is at least in the vicinity. And if we combine Souls as a franchise then that's easily beyond 1000h.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BabyChooChoo
  1. Maplestory - My first PC was shit and I was a broke high school student and this was the only game I could run decently
  2. Guild Wars 1 - The superior Guild Wars game
  3. Lord of the Rings Online - I'm not entirely sure what made me want to start playing this considering I didn't really care about anything having to do with Lord of the Rings at the time. However, it did turn me into a huge fan. Made me go back and watch the movies then read the books.
  4. DotA2 - Fell down a pretty deep DotA hole for a few years and amanged to climb my way out thank God
  5. Warframe - Haven't played in a while (or any other one of these in years except FFXIV), but I would be shocked if it wasn't at least close to 1000 hours
  6. FFXIV - This game pisses me off from time to time, but it's probably my most played game of all time when all is said and done

Those are on the order I think I hit 1000 hours...and oh god I've wasted my life.

There's another game, Granado Espada, I probably ran on my computer for thousands of hours, but I doubt I actually played for more than a couple hundred. Most of us are probably aware of the legendary "Korean grindfest" MMOs that blew up in the 00s. Granado Espada wasn't the best or the most popular, but I would wager it was easily one of the grindiest. It's so fucking grindy that there's literally an option to set your characters up (you controlled 3 characters at a time btw) and have them auto attack anything that came near them. Meanwhile, you could be off doing whatever else.

The downsides were:

• sometimes really strong enemies would spawn in areas and just fuck you up
  • you couldn't auto loot enemies without a pet. The catch was that even if you had one, you needed to buy food from the cash shop to keep it active. If you ran out, the pet would just stop and become passive. The food was super fucking expensive by the way and the timer for the pet remainded active regardless of whether or not you were in combat or even logged on.
  • Characters couldn't auto revive other characters so if one died, that character didn't get xp and the others would probably die soon after. There were healers of course, but it was more useful to just build yourself for pure damage and speed and pray for the best.
  • You had to find a space where no other players were and a lot of zones weren't that big. To top it all of, unless you were in a party, xp didn't share at all between players meaning the first person to tag the enemy got the xp hence why it was better to try and build a pure combat group that could tag and kill as fast as possible.
  • Lastly, and obviously, you had to be logged on to use the feature.

In case that all sounds like a nightmare, it was lol. I used to leave the game running while I went to school or slept only to come back to find my party dead, I got disconnected, or my mom or someone had turned off my PC lol. The worst was when you came back only to see that you died and someone is now standng on your corpses, soaking up all the xp that you would have gotten or that multiple players have set up shop next to you and have been "stealing" all your xp for hours.

And keep in mind that like setting up your characters to do this even for 8 hours or so didn't even net you a 1/10 of a level in latter levels unless you had an xp boost that, surprise, you needed to buy from the cash shop. Again, I didn't actively play this game a whole lot, but I let it run for over a thousand hours for sure lol.

Setting the agonizingly slow leveling aside, playing it was really fun imo. It was like an RTS in a way and there were plenty of fuckin rad, unique characters. It was also set in like fantasy Victorian-eta Europe which very few games in general ever really do. It hasn't aged super well, but I have some fond memories of it.

Not exactly the spirit of this thread and I'm sorry to go off on such a tangent lol, but just thought I'd share.

Zebasteroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I've played any game over 1000 hours, actually. Maybe something old I never kept track of. I bet Diablo 2 is around there somewhere. On Steam, TF2 is on #1 place at 900-something.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Age of Empires 2

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If adding up the hours between Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, HeartGold, and Black 1 don't count, then the closest thing I've got is Fallout 4 at 649 hours.

warcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually got pretty close with L4D 2.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I can't verify but Pokemon R/G/B/Y and StarCraft/BW are probably the games only I've spent that much time with. The original Pokemon I played for close to 5 years across the different versions and SC/BW I played intensely for a year and a half. I'm very impressed by ppl that can stick with a game for that long. If I see 100 hours on a save, I'm usually pretty done with the game.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By forkboy

If you count every annual iteration of Football Manager going back to the days it was Championship Manager (I got on board with CM2, in '97 or '98. 20 years.) I've probably put in close to 10,000 hours. Actually might be more than that, I was horrendously into those games for years, though I've finally got out of the habit now. And I probably put in 1,000+ hours into CM01/02 because CM4 was a bit of a mess, and so was the one after that so I played it for a good few years.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BRich

Destiny 1 may be my only 1000 hour game. I did play a ton of PSO and Star Wars Galaxies though. Hearthstone and Diablo 3 are probably up there too.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can barely find the time to complete a 40 hour game. I cannot fathom putting 1000 hours into one game.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The Matrix Online. Couldn't tell you my total time, but it would have easily been over 1000 hours. Fuck I miss that game.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When i was heavy into World of Tanks i hit 1500+ hours before i quit. But that is the only game where have over 1000 hours.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cikame

I have to imagine the closest i've come is Counter Strike 1.5/1.6, but obviously i can't see the hour counts as it was before and early Steam, which didn't record hour counts initially.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you are allowing MMOs then Vanguard Saga of Heroes would be my first 1000 hours. I played it religiously since launch and even 3 boxed it for awhile before it shut down.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By BaneFireLord

I think I’ve topped out at about 250 hours combining three releases of Skyrim. I can’t imagine playing 1000 hours of anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FFXIV is probably the only one for me up till now and I've still got classes to level... in terms of non-MMOs I think the most I've got's about 300 on Stardew Valley or a few hundred on multiple playthroughs of Witcher 3 / Persona 4. Burn out on FFXIV regularly but I keep going back and when I do it's all I play.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skyrim is the closest without going over, probably around 800 hours.

But the ArmA series is where it's at for me.

I have between 2000 and 2500 hours in both Arma 2 and Arma 3. As in between 4 and 5000 hours between them. My group was a milsim group built out of childhood friends and grew into some 15 military nerds and former service members. We had a dedicated server with a constantly evolving scenario running 24/7. That meant at any time we could get a group together and run informal operations, training, or just patrol and shoot the shit. We also ran more formal operations with multiple teams that would last hours (usually 3-4 at least and occasionally as long as 8 hours). And we played frequently. For a time I was spending more time in ArmA, between playing with my boys and working on missions in the editor, than I was spending at my fulltime job. Sounds unhealthy but after losing my highschool sweetheart of 7 years I needed an escape and it was better than drinking or joining the FFL or just not talking to anyone.

savetocloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By savetocloud

WoW and Star Wars: Galaxies. Looking back, it seems crazy that I put so much time into these.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Dark Age of Camelot was definitely my first, Dragonrealms (old Text based MUD), World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XIV, Heroes of the Storm, and Diablo 3.

hawk767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably have over 1000 hours in Warcraft 3 playing custom maps when I was younger, then League of Legends after that and most recently CS:GO.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By pweidman

Diablo 3 is by far my most played, thousands of hours and I don't really wanna know how many exactly. Halo 2 and 3, and ME 3 might be near 1000, not sure, but I played a ton of mp in all of them as well as multiple co-op, and sp playthroughs. I'm sure I'm easily over a thousand hours in Borderlands 2 with several very high lvl characters and many solo and co-op playthroughs. I have 500 plus hrs. in several of Bethesda's rpgs, and perhaps 1000 in FO4. I've purposely avoided big MMOs as I have a propensity to get swallowed up by progression type games.

Boss_Kowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

It’s Pokémon X for me. All that breeding/trading for a living ‘dex eats away the hours.