Your First 1000 Hour Game (I hit mine)

• 112 results
Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

According to Steam it's Skyrim, but before that it was Oblivion and Morrowind. The power of mods kept those games alive to me.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Diablo II was my first one; others that I know off the top of my head are RuneScape, World of Warcraft, Team Fortress 2, Heroes of Newerth, and Dota 2. I'm sure there are some that I'm forgetting.

It's honestly not that uncommon at all for me, given the way that I play games (mostly deep dives on a small pool of continuous/progression/service/multiplayer games as opposed to jumping between a bunch of single player/narrative games); 100, 250, and 500 hours aren't even really milestones for me because it happens so often.

Tylerrools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Tylerrools

I guess I’m a lightweight in this category. I’ve put 185 hours into Overwatch and that is the most for me by far. Although if I could add up all the time I spent playing AOE 2 as a kid I might be close.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Rejizzle

No idea. Possibly Sim City 2000 or The Sims.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

WoW, in a league of it's own regarding playtime for me. After I passed a year in playtime I stopped checking.

gtrsal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everquest and WoW. MMO's are fucking time vampires.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By Tom_omb

WoW measures game time in days, per character (/played). I've never gone through the effort of adding the days played on all of my alts, but there's a chance it may be over 1000 days. I don't want to know.

I can't be sure, but I may have gotten to 1000 hours on City of Heroes before WoW. I also played a lot of Minecraft.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gothic 2, spent around 1200 hours with it as a whole (and with mods) and I don't regret any of it. Its still one of the best games out there.

I've probably spent around 4500 hours in Continuum/Subspace. Around 4200 hours in Quake 3, your usual average online gaming times I would say.

Accurately I've also spent around 5800 hours in Dota 2 during the past 6 years and yeah thats good ol fun please send help lol. Though 3 years in between I basically just autoran the game while idling so it probably boils down to around 2800 hours of active play time.

Small time stuff still compared to some peoples 20k hours in MMOs.

MrCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By MrCK

My first was WoW, not sure on the exact number now (not played for a while), but it was 2500 hours at one point and probably hasn't gone up too much. A bunch of that was using it as a glorified chat room.

Only other one I probably hit 1000 hours (and way over) in is Hearthstone, but no way to tell there. If you combine all the Monster Hunter games I must have at least a thousand in those as well at this point.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

First and only, Clicker Heroes, 2100 hours.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first and probably the only game I have over 1000 hours in has to be Minecraft. Of course there's no hour counter in game so I can't be positive, but I'm pretty sure it's well over 1000 hours. It's my favorite game ever and I was pretty addicted for a couple years so it makes sense. Also that doesn't include the hundreds of hours of watching Minecraft videos. I still watch Achievement Hunter's weekly Minecraft let's plays. The game was my escape in high school. I used Minecraft to get away from all of life's problems, and focus on creativity and exploration. Instead of doing my science project in school, I was figuring out how to build a functional elevator in Minecraft. The game just filled me with a desire to learn and sparked my imagination in a way no video game, or really anything ever has.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t think I have ever played a single game for that long. I think the longest I have ever played a single game was 160 hours in Persona 5.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diablo games, bethesda games, counterstrike. All 1000 hour games

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I probably have 60 days played in WoW combined since 2005. Starcraft II would be my next closest, I'm sure that's over 1,000 hours as well. I think those are my only two, with DOTA 2 and Diablo III the next highest.

mithical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's been plenty of games I've put 250+ hours into, but only a couple I reckon I've hit 1000 on. The first was Diablo 2. Would constantly come back to it all the way up to the release of Diablo 3, playing with friends on battle.net. Second would be WoW, which I played for about 3 years. With my gaming habits nowadays, I don't see anything getting up to the quadruple digit mark with me anymore. Even the games I really sink my teeth into, like Overwatch, I've spent no more than 100 hours with. Those WoW days were a blur that I don't think on particularly fondly, but Diablo 2 will always have a special place in my heart. Probably a top 10 of all time for me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By NTM

I don't think I've ever put that much time into a game. I put 300 plus hours into The Witcher 3, which seems like a lot. There are some games that I've beaten over a dozen times or have gone back to from the past, but I am not sure that it's ever reached 1000. I guess an MMO would have you go back in to reach that, but I don't really play MMO's or much online for that matter.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Even hitting 100 hours is monumental for me to hit now days, but I am sure I hit 1,000 on a few games in the past. I would say Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-3 probably hit that each, as well as Ragnarok Online and Socom 2. Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that I may have put that many hours in to. Now days I am excited when I hit 10 in a game, but I have far more games to play these days.

yabbering_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Heroes of Might and Magic 3, but it's possible that Runescape beat it to 1000.

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ARMA 3, followed by IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

World of Warcraft. I don't have an exact number but between all the characters I've played over time, I definitely have to be there. I don't think there's another game that comes close to me. I love a lot of games and have a lot of passion for them that I have played a lot of, but most of those probably sit in the 100-200 hour range.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Championship Manager 2001-2002. Nothing comes close.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't think I could play a game for that long ever. I have probably played Threes! more than anything else but that's still nowhere near 1000

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ark sucks! FIGHT ME!

No, Ark is fine but my ADD brain can't imagine spending 1000 hours in any game. I think it's crazy enough that I sunk 300 hours into Rocket League and 200 into FF 14. Those probably aren't the games I've played the most of in my lifetime but it's the highest ones I have a time count for.

It makes me wonder when you hit that many hours in a game are you really still enjoying it or is it just a force of habit that keeps you playing it?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#75  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@upperdecker: I get your meaning, but I think you mean 42 days total, not straight. Grammar police, assemble!

Anyways, closest I've got is probably Borderlands 2, accumulated between the PC, PS4, and Xbox versions. I don't know the total, but I'd guess I'm probably somewhere around 300 hours or so. I think if the right shoot-and-loot had enough content, that'd probably be the type of game that could hook me for that long. As it stands, eventually I just get bored with the same quests and the like.

VirtuaNovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By VirtuaNovak

Destiny 1

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

now i think about it, i bet that Diablo 2 , Gunz the Duel & some Fifa also ticked over 1000 hours.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing as far as I know. I've probably replayed a few JRPGs enough times that'd come close to 500, but in general I don't really enjoy the types of games that people play for thousands of hours.

mattchops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mattchops

WoW would probably be my first and only

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By elmorales94

Holy shit folks. I'm pretty sure that I've never put 1000 hours into a game, but the closest count I could think of would be about 400 in Pokemon Diamond. At this point I can't even imagine putting that much time into a game.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

The closest I've gotten to 1000 hours is probably Heroes of Might and Magic III or League of Legends, though I don't have exact hour counts for either. Heroes predates any sort of hour tracking, but I'm going to guess I'm close, if not over 1000 with that game because I played a shitload of it as a kid and will occasionally still play it as an adult. As for the latter, I actually attempted to see how long I've played League, but I guess it's been long enough since I stopped playing that I couldn't find an accurate count. It's easily in the hundreds of hours, especially if you were to throw in time spent idling around in the client.

The highest recorded time I've spent with a game is Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate at about 370 hours. Most of those hours were accrued during a not-so-great period in my life where I sat around and did almost nothing else, but I don't think anything else even comes close.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I don't think I've ever come close to playing any game for 1000 hours. I can't even fathom with wanting to stick with a game for that long. The most time I've put into a game is the original Borderlands, which is somewhere in the 300-400 hour range. I'd also wager to bet I have somewhere between 500 and 700 hours across both L4D games, but I have no way to know for sure.

Avatar image for doughnutwarlord
doughnutwarlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I thought it would have been WoW for me, but I remember checking when I resubbed for a bit a couple years ago and it was only around 350 hours or so. Other than that, I can't think of a single game where I've come close.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#84  Edited By clagnaught

Never.

The most I spent on a game is Overwatch (around 400 hours) and Persona 4 (collectively, across different versions and the Endurance Run, around 450-ish hours). I've never played an MMO or anything that is so replayable or has that much content. In all honesty, whenever I see people play one game for 1,000 to 2,000 hours, I just get exhausted.

tradee9691

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overwatch. It's kind of difficult to tell for sure because the time counter only keeps track of match time. Also, the time tracker did not keep track of Mystery heroes for the first year. I am over 500 hours which keeping those two points in mind means I'm way over 1000. I play a lot of mystery heroes.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#86  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

The most time I can confirm I've spent in a single game is 473 hours in Overwatch. The other two close runners up would be 244 hours in Destiny 2 and 250 (rounded from memory) Skyrim. I would also say I've easily put 1000 hours into the Pokemon series over the past 18 years.

Other than these, (At most) I'll put around 100 hours into a game. Stardew Valley, Tales of Vesperia, Dark Souls 3, MGSV The Phantom Pain, and Zelda: Botw to name the ones that immediately come to mind for me.

zordren3742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By zordren3742

Hello, I do not think I have even done 1000 on any but I pute 500 at least into Warframe.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I've ever hit 1,000 hours in a game. Probably the closest would either be Oblivion or Skyrim, with 300-500 hours each across multiple platforms.

Avatar image for creepyunclebrad
CreepyUncleBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is hard to say for sure but I think I have more than 1000 in WoW. I played a lot pre-Cataclysm (and maybe 50-100 hours after) but it was across multiple accounts (I had mine stolen a couple times and wasn't able to get it back) so there is no way to know exactly how many hours I logged. No other game has come close that's for sure. It will be interesting to find out how much of my fond memories for that game are nostalgia and how much of it was as great as I remember when Classic launches.

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Dota 2 or WoW.

Makayu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo 3 as a kid, I spent literal months playing that game.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing in Steam, that's for sure. I don't think I got more than maybe 500 hours in Wow. I maybe hit 1000 hours in Civ4, I played basically just it for a few years during college, but I'm not sure.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Counter-Strike 1.6 or whatever... before Source.... I'm sure. Now, Rocket League.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

If you count the Endurance Run, OG Persona 4. Otherwise it's Persona 4 The Golden (spread across the US, EU, JP, and KR releases though).

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#95  Edited By Nodima

Likely either of the Ken Griffey Jr. games for the SNES. Presents Major League Baseball was all myself and a friend of mine played when we got together, and I loved playing the season mode on Winning Run and keeping track of the stats. If it wasn't either of those it was certainly Final Fantasy VIII. I played that game to completion over 13 times, did level 100 runs and level 10 runs, drew every magic in the game to 100 and avoided magic almost entirely. I created voices for all the characters, I had saves just for specific sections of the game I really enjoyed. My average save length was probably 80 hours, with a few 130 hour saves. Doing the math, that'd actually make it pretty close, so...

If not either of those...SOCOM II or Madden/NCAA Football 2005 was the first. Played every game of every season seven seasons deep for both my college dynasty and professional franchise as well as all the time spent playing online competitive and at home with friends. And SOCOM II was just life, the only time I've ever played an online clan-based game with friends of mine, so it was all we did for about two years outside of school work.

With sports games it's not so hard to hit 1,000, though, I don't think. When I got that Sony 2017 summary of my play, I put 900 hours into MLB The Show 18 this year, and the only reason I stopped playing it so much was NBA 2K came out.

DarkHeraldMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By DarkHeraldMage

1487 hours in Dead by Daylight, and still going. Been playing since the beta in 2016, still love it now.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy 7. I played that game everyday from 1997 to 1999.

Coryukin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

My first 1000 hour game had to be either Halo or Halo 2.

Jinkla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have over a 1000 on sims 3. Half of it is probably because I left the game on a bunch of times. Same idea with Civilization iv.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's probably GameBoy Tetris, there is no timer on it so I don't really know for sure though. The first game I know for a fact I was able to hit the 1000 hour mark on has to have been Morrowind.