#201 Posted by EngineNo9 (226 posts) -

Fuck. :(

And here I was just thinking that there were too many random Giant Bomb things going on these days and they needed to rein in back in to get the quality of game coverage back up.

Avatar image for generic_username
#202 Posted by generic_username (943 posts) -

Going to miss you on the Bombcast. I assume they aren't planning on skype-ing you in every single week?

That said, Now that Giantbomb East is a thing, and I recently moved to Jersey, I now have a chance of attending any GB meetups you guys might potentially have.

I have no idea if that'll ever happen or not, but if it does, I'll show up!

#203 Edited by Arghron (28 posts) -

This sucks. I'm sorry. This just sucks. But I respect you, Vincent, I respect you a lot. So do us proud!

On a sidenote, fingers crossed these incoming newjacks are up to snuff. I guess at this point any new hirings are unlikely gonna be ex-gamespot folks (Carrie Gouskos would have been great...or whatever, just tell Rich Gallup to quit his social gaming fantasy gig and come over to the best coast). And I'm sorry Patrick, Max Tempkin is just too much of a hater; he just doesn't get the fun-lovin' culture that Giant Bomb is all about. And dude, bro, Vinny, gonna miss you and your antics. It ain't gonna be the same, man. It just ain't.

#204 Posted by PLWolf (967 posts) -

Expanding GB is cool. Vinny hosted podcast are my favorite thing. Being close to family is always good. But, come on, I'm raising a 7yr old and 5 yr old triplets here in the Bay Area. Plus, it is just my wife and I, my family is in LA and her family is spread across the country. If we can do it with four, anyone can. Anyway, good luck Vinny I look forward to seeing what GBNY gives us.

#205 Posted by GalacticPunt (1510 posts) -

Soooo.... Vinny and Alex are going to set up a proper office and green screen for themselves, right? If Vinny is stuck Skyping from his bedroom his talents will be going to waste :(

Here's hoping it's the former and all the GB folks end up happy.

#206 Edited by KentonClay (363 posts) -

@graf1k said:

I do not envy whoever is going to be the new on air talent. Filling Vinny's shoes is like trying to fill the shoes of someone with really really big feet. Like freakishly big.

You know what they say about guys with freakishly big feet...

#207 Posted by sirdesmond (1467 posts) -

Whoa! Exciting stuff! As long as you are still in videos Vinny, I will still be watching them!

#208 Edited by CheerUpYuko (148 posts) -

Oh, Vinny. ; ; You're leaving our fair Bay Area?? I think I'll miss you most from things like Unprofessional Fridays. The playfulness you add to your production style is just magic so much of the time on streams. I guess we'll still see your dumb, beautiful face on East Coast content, but it's hard to see the GB family fragment even further. Still, if this will make you happier in the end I guess that's a good thing, and I'll try not to be sad over it... Ah, fuck it. *dives forward and grabs onto Vinny's ankles* Don't goooooo!! Nuooo!

#209 Edited by buzz_clik (7590 posts) -
No Caption Provided

#210 Posted by Tag (68 posts) -

all i can say is sad face :(

#211 Posted by 00_amon (13 posts) -

Good luck Vinny.

#212 Posted by jackburtonme (376 posts) -

I've only been a listener since last fall, but you guys are great and I know that rad things will be made wherever you are and whoever it's with.

#213 Posted by a_randay92 (59 posts) -

Best of luck Vinny on your move to New York. I can't wait to see what you and Alex will have in store for Giant Bomb! :D

#214 Posted by PeteyCoco (280 posts) -

Does this mean a Vinny-produced bombcast each week from the east? Oh baby.

#215 Edited by Seikenfreak (1533 posts) -

Damn man.. this is scary as shit.. but also exciting?

Are you going to get another office in NY? Or are you going to record out of your house with Alex? I'm guessing there is at least one new person that will be with the GB NY office?

Don't you need like the $100,000+ worth of recording equipment you've got in SF?

What about the Bombcast? We love hearing you on there and wish there was a way to include Patrick and Alex more reliably but a stable method was never found?

What about poor Drew? It seems like even with two capable people running the back end, there were still times you both seem over worked or having to fill in for other people etc. The big complicated live shows.. Oh man.

I don't know what to think. This is coming out of nowhere for me. It felt like you guys were on financial and energy life-support with all the crap that's been going down lately.

Just crazy. Perhaps I would have applied for the AE position if I had known there was going to be an NY office.. ehh probably not. Still too scared.

Best of luck Vinny. You and Alex will bring it hard.

#216 Posted by Mikemcn (8591 posts) -

I believe in Vinny! HUZZAH! And also I live in New York, New York is awesome! GO NEW YORK!

#217 Edited by patrickklepek (6833 posts) -

Really happy for you, Vinny! Excited to see what madness is coming to the site in the weeks and months ahead.

#218 Posted by MrMazz (1225 posts) -

I just hope to not see less of you beautiful semi-balding hair line and Italion face Vinny

#219 Posted by anbilow (236 posts) -

But, but, but... The Bombcast?

I really don't want you to leave the podcast, but I'm very excited for the future of Giant Bomb! I know you and Alex will join forces to kick ass here on the East coast. Best of luck to you, the family, and Vinn Co.

#220 Posted by Conceited (14 posts) -

This is horrible news.

R.I.P my subscription.

#221 Posted by Jeffmoocow (155 posts) -

I'm sure this will turn out fine and I hate being selfish for not wanting Vinny to leave the main office but right now this is a huge bummer.

Avatar image for spiderjerusalem
#222 Posted by SpiderJerusalem (223 posts) -

I LOVE Vinny and I really wish the best for him but god damn...

Vinny is like the soul of GB, especially when he's paired with Jeff. Hell, in all honesty I'm a suscriber because of Vinny and all the content he produces with the rest of the crew. Even the Bombcast takes a huge hit when Vinny isn't in it.

All in all, at least for me; this kinda fucking sucks.

#223 Posted by CornBREDX (7365 posts) -

Oh, and I just watched Rocky Horror Picture Show... again... recently and this feels appropriate or something... I mean not really as this news is only change but... you're going home and stuff. Whatever =P

Loading Video...

#224 Edited by TruthTellah (9821 posts) -

Okay, I said I was alright with it, but I'm still kind of in shock...

No Caption Provided

#225 Edited by Marco724 (156 posts) -

This is great news I can't wait to see some more premium Vinny and Alex content. Best of luck to you!

#226 Posted by buemba (134 posts) -

It's a time for change, so I believe this is a good opportunity to kill the Bombcast. Kill it and replace with The Bombcast Tapes: Side A (West coast team, releases on Tuesday) and Side B (East coast team, releases on Friday).

Getting a new Jeff hosted podcast and a new Vinny hosted podcast every week would be pretty sweet.

#227 Posted by Vorpal (55 posts) -

@milkman said:

Whaaaaaaaaa

This is exciting, sad, crazy and awesome all at once.

Pretty much exactly my reaction. I'm excited for change and I trust you guys. Can't wait to see what comes next!

#228 Posted by Alorithin (143 posts) -

No thanks

#229 Posted by TravisRex (819 posts) -

But...I love you....

#230 Posted by pslyy (72 posts) -

Good luck Vinny!

#231 Posted by Brad (6181 posts) -

@buemba said:

It's a time for change, so I believe this is a good opportunity to kill the Bombcast. Kill it and replace with The Bombcast Tapes: Side A (West coast team, releases on Tuesday) and Side B (East coast team, releases on Friday).

Getting a new Jeff hosted podcast and a new Vinny hosted podcast every week would be pretty sweet.

If our site had favorites, I would favorite this.

Staff
#232 Posted by vocalcannibal (407 posts) -

Oh my god, this is so exciting! The east coast will be thrilled to have you back, Vinny.

And we'll also be eager to hear about any potential need for interns at Giant Bomb East, because fuck. I have two years left of college and I wasn't going to stay in Philly forever anyway.

This is such big news. I'm so happy for all of you!

#233 Posted by ripelivejam (13185 posts) -

alex is like a little, snarkier Jeff so nothing will change! :)

#234 Posted by forteexe21 (2028 posts) -

But i heard from the Bombcast that NY fucking sucks. T_T

#235 Posted by thainatos (275 posts) -

Fuckin A, man. Fuckin A.

#236 Edited by TruthTellah (9821 posts) -

Okay, I said I was alright with it, but I'm still kind of in shock...

No Caption Provided

#237 Posted by BeachThunder (15139 posts) -

Is Giant Bomb a 4X?

#238 Posted by LegionVsNinja (66 posts) -

Does this mean Danny O'Dwyer is going to move over to Giant Bomb? That'd be pretty awesome (for GB, not so much for GS..).

#239 Posted by TheDarkOn3 (76 posts) -

Congrats, Vinnie.

#240 Posted by Ford_Dent (886 posts) -

Oh man, I can only imagine the tidal wave of content that will make its way across the country as GBNY turns into a true powerhouse.

Plus we'll finally get to re-enact the East Coast/West Coast beef of the 90s, but with a bunch of dudes playing games instead of rappers.

#241 Edited by eduardopato (10 posts) -

Good luck, Vinny and Alex! I'm pretty sure you guys can do this :D

#242 Posted by turboman (9890 posts) -

This is kind of a scary move.

Am I the only one who's kind of nervous?

Competing for time in your own space sounds like it could be solved with this move, and it would be great to have more Alex on the site. But also, Bombcast hurts from this I think.

I'm scared, hold me.

#243 Posted by mrpandaman (959 posts) -

@graf1k said:

I do not envy whoever is going to be the new on air talent. Filling Vinny's shoes is like trying to fill the shoes of someone with really really big feet. Like freakishly big.

You know what they say about guys with freakishly big feet...

They have to be even bigger to fit the shoes Vinny left?

#244 Posted by ilduce620 (40 posts) -

Good luck, Vinnie! Now you guys just need to convince Garnett Lee to move to San Francisco so he can join the podcast...

#245 Posted by whitegreyblack (1964 posts) -

The scary part for me is... what do I do when there is more Giant Bomb content put out each week than I can realistically consume?!

#246 Edited by KentonClay (363 posts) -

The thought of a Giant Bomb WITHOUT Vinny is a little hard to imagine, but I'm looking forward to the change.

Change is good. Change is exciting.

#247 Posted by Rafaelfc (2243 posts) -

I wish Vinny the best of luck and hope this turns out good in the long run.

But right now, this is extremely sad news for me.

#248 Edited by MEATBALL (4233 posts) -

I'm happy for Vinny. RIP Giant Bomb. (That's not to say Giant Bomb is about to die, but the Giant Bomb I come here for might as well be.)

#249 Posted by bwmcmaste (922 posts) -

Allow me to bury my comment in the folds of the many others that have followed this post:

As a long-time member and fan of this site, I am absolutely pumped about this change. Godspeed Vincent, and may the fleet of Giant Bomb grow ever larger, so as to effect world domination.

#250 Posted by Monkeyman04 (2794 posts) -

This sounds CRAZY! I love crazy! Hope this works out for the best.