Your guilty pleasure game

• 85 results
Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

No such thing as "enjoying things more than I should" for me. There's no should or shouldn't, if something entertains or speaks to me I enjoy my time with it proudly. That, is the only 'should' in the equation. You should enjoy what entertains you and not let public standards stop you.

See how I flipped it up all philosophically just now? Boom.

I agree with this man/woman/hermaphrodite/transgender/transsexual/person. I enjoy the games that I enjoy. But I do know of one game that scored incredibly low everywhere and no one seemed to like it but me, which is Street Wars. Also known as Constructor 2.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@hermes said:
No Caption Provided

Every time I try to explain this game to someone, I realize how bad it looks on paper...

But the execution is so incredible, I wouldn't mind including it among my favorite games of the generation.

what game is that you could have put the name of the game -.-

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

League of Legends. I'm a Dota boy all the way. Don't tell anyone.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought Ubisoft's Naruto: Rise of a Ninja game... I haven't told anyone that I'm playing it. I'm kind of a closeted gamer so I would consider this my guilty pleasure.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@hermes said:
No Caption Provided

Every time I try to explain this game to someone, I realize how bad it looks on paper...

But the execution is so incredible, I wouldn't mind including it among my favorite games of the generation.

Asura's Wrath. You should be ashamed that you don't know. ASHAMED.

amalager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm. That would be Mercenary Ops Ragnarok and Eclipse War Online. I couldn't choose one so I have to come up with 3 of my faves at the moment.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By theacidskull

@deadeyemccoy said:

I remember enjoying Shadow the Hedgehog. I completed it twice on two different platforms. Went back to it recently, still had fun with it.

The "guilt" doesn't exactly run deep, but it's still there.

Shadow was an awesome game :P, I loved every second of it. Still, If I replayed it now I'd find some specific problems but it doesn't change the fact that that game has brought me great joy.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@zevvion said:

Asura's Wrath. You should be ashamed that you don't know. ASHAMED.

ASHAMED!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

I guess The Sims would be my guilty pleasure game. I have The Sims 3 on Steam and I will occasionally go back and play it for a bit; and by a bit I mean "lose myself in the game for hours".

You are so right here. The Sims 1 was like crack, like minimum 8 hour sessions for a while. Then Sims 2 was big, but I guess it's declined since 1.

And the thing is I don't really like 3 much and think it was a big misstep, if I did get a good amount of time into it. When I was putting my PC together for last XMass I even bought all the Sims 3 expansions because they were on sale (but in the end, that's still expensive) with the thought of playing it through again and only played for like 10 hours this time, which is nothing Sims wise for me. The dog in the expansion was just like a dumb annoying Sim that won't even do what you want! It sucked.

I also am looking forward to the Sims 4!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I know this has already been going a couple of days and the forum search feature is broken, but try to at least Google common topics on the site before posting.

you can do searchstring site:giantbomb.com/forums and it returns results like this. This topic comes up about once every 3 months.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kane & Lynch: Dog Days

It's not completely terrible.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games because Naruto in general is my guilty pleasure...

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MikkaQ

I buy the WWE game every year and play it shamefully for a couple weeks before shelving it. They're pretty crappy but fun to play once a year.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I don't have one.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

If we're talking about "games I enjoyed more than they deserved", that award probably goes to Resident Evil 6. It's a bad game that takes all of the wrong lessons from "AAA" western releases and applies them with a sometimes startling degree of incompetence. I also sort of liked it.

If we're talking about "guilty pleasures", there is nothing guilty about my love of Final Fantasy X-2 and it being the most stupid.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Devil240Z

I feel like there are games that I enjoy and my friends do too. its you people I'm afraid to tell about them. Tokyo Xtreme Racer being a big one. Love that game but I feel shamed for liking it by this community.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle.

The pacing is rough. The framerate is unacceptable for any game, let alone a FUCKING FIGHTING GAME. The balance is all off. The loading times are bad. This game is BAD.

The ridiculous fan-service is so good... Everything (Except a few translation errors) is perfect. The music is great. Every normal, special, super, win pose and taunt is straight from the manga/anime. I fucking LOVE this game...

YOU THOUGHT THIS GAME WAS AWFUL, BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!..... OH WAIT... THIS GAME IS AWFUL...
YOU THOUGHT THIS GAME WAS AWFUL, BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!..... OH WAIT... THIS GAME IS AWFUL...

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenlight said:

I actually thought that game's presentation and atmosphere were really cool. The whole "compressed Internet video" thing they went for was a novel visual style and the game pulled it off well enough.

Still, I have no idea why I paid a $60 retail price for that game. Christ. It's not even shameful in retrospect, just baffling.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@hermes said:
No Caption Provided

The game is "Asura's Wrath" (the image has a link in it). I choose to put an image instead of the name because it is a classic example of "an image is worth a thousand words" to exemplify how bananas this game is (sidenote: that is not a meteor, its a finger, and the protagonist is about to stop it with his bare hands)

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

My latest addiction.

Maybe some of you have heard of it, it's called MINECRAFT.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can not for the life of me stop playing the Green Lantern game based on the movie. I mean, I don't plat it every day, but once every two months or something I just have to sign out of psn and play some.

bugbarbecue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird, I didn't think the question for this was "Is there such a thing as a guilty pleasure game?" but that seems to be what a lot of people have answered.

It's like someone asking you if you watched the game and you launch in to a diatribe about your disdain for sports in general, I might agree with you but that wasn't the question and you're just talking to fill the silence.

On-topic: That Game of Thrones facebook game took way too much of my time until I wised up.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play way too much phone Solitaire, like way too much. It's so easy and quick though.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@ravenlight said:

I actually thought that game's presentation and atmosphere were really cool. The whole "compressed Internet video" thing they went for was a novel visual style and the game pulled it off well enough.

Still, I have no idea why I paid a $60 retail price for that game. Christ. It's not even shameful in retrospect, just baffling.

Actually yeah, I would definitely consider both K&L games in fact to be guilty pleasures of mine. They're both ultimately mediocre, but... I find myself surprisingly engaged with the incredibly sordid duo of K&L themselves, and the second one of course has itself the superb aesthetic going on for it; really weird why no one has else has imitated it yet, least not to my knowledge. K&L2's multiplayer was OK while it lasted as well, even if like the story was dreadfully thin on content and customisation options.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors and random phone crap like Samurai vs Zombies 2

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By UitDeToekomst

Hyperdimension Neptunia. I am a sick, sick man.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minecraft for a few months after it came out on 360.

Also the other day I didn't realize I was signed into XBL when i was playing Guitar Hero, felt a bit embarrassed.

OneLoneClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

World Series/full house poker on xbox360. Just distracting enough to make me not think about work, while still leaving me able to converse with wife. Poker withou real money is bullshit, tho.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79  Edited By Nux

The Last Remnant? I don't really feel guilty that I like it. I love it and I don't care that the majority of people that I talk to about this game hate it.

GordonDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By GordonDaniels

I actually had way more fun with the Splatterhouse relaunch for the ps3 than I did with God of War 3.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm really into Bound by Flame and enjoyed Mars: War Logs. So Spiders are my guilty pleasure? Pretty much any RPG that resembles The Witcher or the Gothic series i'll eventually end up playing. Although something about the Two Worlds games makes me never want to play them, i'm not quite sure what it is.

StriderJ8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Guilty pleasures... Hmmm...

Wanted: Weapons of Fate, Medal of Honor: Warfighter multiplayer, Syndicate COOP, among many others.

DanVan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slaps2: In the same vein as Infinite Undiscovery, my guilty pleasure game has been The Last Remnant haha! There is so much in that game that makes me laugh, from the way they call the main leader "Daveed" even though it's spelled David, to the main weapon being called the Gae Buldge hahah

jen1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jen1220

No Caption Provided

I'm sure I'm alone in this, but I thought these were the best games ever created when I was about 8 years old.

Now there are about 30 of these games, but I feel like I have to keep playing the new ones when they come out just for nostalgia's sake. They are ridiculously easy/cheesy but they hold a special place in my heart. :)

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By spyder335

postal 2, now with steam workshop support

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Artificial Academy. It's a simulator where you create a class of 25, interact with them and watch them interact with each other. It also has sex in it. Feel free to judge me. And I can't wait for Artificial Academy 2.