Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Corvak

30 hours of Final Fantasy VII.

Did it for a bet, probably wasnt worth a pizza.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Unilad

@kindgineer said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Probably beating MGS2 the night it came out, then immediately beating it again, in one sitting.

Jesus.

Seconded

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By ninnanuam

holy shit didn't think this post had been resurrected.

I honestly thought my long sessions were over (the Planetside one is still my longest) but just last night I played PUBG for 6 hours.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By bybeach

Maybe 7-8 hours, during a day I was supposed to be at work. Back when I was absolutely enthralled with games, perhaps Quake 2 or it's stand-alones.

I'd feel guilty about missing work, so I would game instead. Somehow there's a logic to that..

core1065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By core1065

2 and half days when Final Fantasy 7 came out over Christmas break, granted I took three 20 minute naps every 12 hours. If you couldn't tell I didn't have a lot of friends...

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

Not sure if this counts, but my friends and I play games for 24 hours every year for Extra Life. It's not ever one game or even one kind of game or even all of us at the same time. For instance, last year, I set about trying to beat Bubble Bobble on the NES while they played a round of D&D (just not my thing). It always leaves us wrecked the next day, but it's fun to do.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I played Nier Automata from around midnight to 8 AM last night and I regret everything. Happy to have gotten through 2B's route though. I just wanted to power through because I felt like I wasn't going to return to it unless it picked up.

Sydle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Sydle

I had several 6 hour play sessions with Skies of Arcadia back when it originally released. Normally I spend an hour, maybe two hours tops with a game in one sitting, but I loved everything about Skies and didn't want to put it down.

Gordy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

14 hours on Team Fortress 2. There was a popular custom map server called 2Fort 2Furious that had a message board with a thread challenging members to a marathon challenge.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil 5 on launch day I think. Stayed up 2 days straight with a friend, beat the game twice and maxed out all the weapons after grinding. In hindsight, not worth it.

Mawarup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I got into MMO-gaming back in middle school, think I played about 12-13 hours of Guild Wars.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I guess maybe like 12 hours with Skyrim. That game consumed me for a few months.

ArcusFolia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More or less 14 hours straight on FFXIV for the Palace of the Dead's floors 101 to 200. The gaming session stopped at 6 AM. Never again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Battlefield 2 for 3 or 4 hours back in 06 I get bored with any game after a few hours I don't know how people can play for so long straight.

ramagamma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Solid. Played up till the first Sniper Wolf meeting, stopped to go out for a a family meal,came back and finished it, technically 2 sittings but I wouldn't have stopped if I didn't have prior commitments. I think my final time that first time through was around 13 hours

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't recall any particular sessions however, back when FFXI was my jam if I wasn't playing for 10+ hours it felt like a waste. I've had a few recent 10 hour sessions with WoW, Destiny 2, PUBG, etc...

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played Twilight Princess the day it came on (on Gamecube) from around 10:00AM - Midnight. That has got to be it for me. Second closest would be this one night my gf was out of town, so I started playing Bioshock, from the beginning, at around midnight and beat it around 8:00AM. Don't know why I did that, but there were some scary ass moments during that sleep deprived 8 hours.

Matticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably have some that were longer, like PSO and MMOs, but these are the two that stick out the most.

First was me and three friends playing Hexen for the N64 from morning until late night, with Robert Palmer's greatest hits playing for the majority of the time on repeat. Afterward we all felt sick and never played it again.

Second was my best friend and I started drinking at 1pm and decided to do all of the Subspace Emissary. I think we passed out sometime around 4am. Woke up the next day and had beat the Emissary and also apparently made a bunch of stages that were just loads of spikes with the theme to Emerald Hills. Great day.

geardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My longest sessions were probably when mgs3 and zelda:TP came out. I marathoned both of those games with 8 -12 hr game sessions.

anden4300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember me and a friend picking up Assassin's Creed 2 on the Xbox 360. That was the first game i played on one of the ''next gen consoles'' after the PS2. We started at 2 in the day and ended at 4 in the morning so 14 hours straight.

And... GTA 5, don't remember how long i played it in the first day but i completed the story with about 40 hours played in 3 days.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By ryudo

Shenmue II 24 hours in 2003. Next to that is Xenoblade Chronicles 2011. 19 hours and finally Dragon Age Origins in 2015. 16 hours.I avoid sessions like this in my older age.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how long it was but it was definitely for Skyrim at launch. I just remember playing it all night that week. God, that one consumed me for a while.

AdamJensen80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7 hours straight, completing Splinter Cell Conviction from start to finish on Xbox 360 years ago.

Aristotled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would Probably be WoW back in or 08 whenever Lich King dropped, me and a bunch of guild buddies played for like 36-48 hours straight.