Your most anticipated games to be released between mid-2021 to fall 2022?

• 52 results
gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello

My top 5 most anticipated games to be released between mid-2021 to fall 2022 are:

• Gran Turismo 7
  • Forza Motorsport Reboot
  • Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown
  • Halo Infinite
  • Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
anywhereilay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I read that they're discontinuing the Forza series.

Phil Spencer said "Cars are an outdated mode of transport, and at Microsoft we're trying to reflect that moving forward" .

Expect a roadmap soon.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Expect a roadmap soon.

But how are we to navigate this road without cars?!

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Onemanarmyy
No Caption Provided

we could switch to these classic Italian kart designs instead. It's so much more enjoyable to be so close to the road and feel every imperfection of the roadmap roll underneath your kart.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Fall 2022 is too far off to really make a meaningful concrete list...

1. FF16

2. GOW2

3. BOTW2

4. REmake4

5. Project Athia

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fall 2022 is too far off to really make a meaningful concrete list...

1. FF16

2. GOW2

3. BOTW2

4. REmake4

5. Project Athia

Very nice choices.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gtxforza
@thataintfalco said:
@anywhereilay said:

Expect a roadmap soon.

But how are we to navigate this road without cars?!

Is this some sick joke? lolz

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Baldur's Gate 3 and another Pathfinder game are coming out.

Subnautica Below Zero gets its 1.0 release in May. I've actually been playing the Early Access version of that and it's fantastic.

weazman54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft's Starfield

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft's Starfield

This game looks interesting.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GUILTY GEAR -STRIVE-

GOTTA YELL IT

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Basically Hot Wheels, and for Cyberpunk 2077 to get out of early access.

HerrHeimlich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warhammer 40k: Darktide, Back 4 Blood, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, and Balder's Gate 3.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Halo Infinite.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:

Halo Infinite.

I hope Halo Infinite will be good.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Cyberpunk 2077 will be much better once it gets fixed.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

FF14 Endwalker. Everything else I'm excited for falls under the 'I'll believe this is releasing when they give a solid date' category.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea. It all seems so far away, and I am guessing half of the titles in here are going to be delayed past fall 2022...

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@justin258: Are the combat systems in Baldur's Gate 3 going to be different than Divinity OS 2? IDK what it was that was different from OS 1 and 2 but I had a much easier time enjoying the first.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Breath of the Wild 2 and Hollow Knight: Silksong are sequels to two of the best games ever made so I can't wait for those. Halo Infinite is definitely a game I hope is great, but with how little they showed of it and the delays I just don't know about this one. I'm cautiously optimistic about the Resident Evil 4 Remake, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Sifu, Sable, and Solar Ash.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cubidog said:

Breath of the Wild 2 and Hollow Knight: Silksong are sequels to two of the best games ever made so I can't wait for those. Halo Infinite is definitely a game I hope is great, but with how little they showed of it and the delays I just don't know about this one. I'm cautiously optimistic about the Resident Evil 4 Remake, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Sifu, Sable, and Solar Ash.

Good choices of your most anticipated games.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: Are the combat systems in Baldur's Gate 3 going to be different than Divinity OS 2? IDK what it was that was different from OS 1 and 2 but I had a much easier time enjoying the first.

I gotta admit, this is why I'm a little cool on Baldur's Gate 3. It looks really great, but I'm not a giant fan of the OS-style combat. Even simple encounters in those games end up taking way too long (especially in OS2).

I feel like that game is in a weird spot - it's trying so, so hard to replicate the table-top experience. While table-top D&D is fun, I think that's maybe not what I want in a D&D video game? Real life table top games are fine having a more deliberate pace because you are usually playing it with friends and having a good time socially. When I'm playing solo in a video game, I want things to move more quickly - I don't necessarily want to see every dice roll and have every action narrated.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@thataintfalco said:

I gotta admit, this is why I'm a little cool on Baldur's Gate 3. It looks really great, but I'm not a giant fan of the OS-style combat. Even simple encounters in those games end up taking way too long (especially in OS2).

I feel like that game is in a weird spot - it's trying so, so hard to replicate the table-top experience. While table-top D&D is fun, I think that's maybe not what I want in a D&D video game? Real life table top games are fine having a more deliberate pace because you are usually playing it with friends and having a good time socially. When I'm playing solo in a video game, I want things to move more quickly - I don't necessarily want to see every dice roll and have every action narrated.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 split physical armor and magic armor into two different bars. Once either bar is gone, you start doing health damage. If anyone dislikes OS2's combat, they almost always mention either the time it takes to get through those encounters or this particular change to the armor system. It doesn't bother me any, though I'll admit that I'd much rather have one armor type, or just a system where better armor means less health lost when hit.

Original Sin's long combat encounters don't bother me because they're "one and done" - in other words, you find an encounter, that's a unique encounter, you overcome that encounter, and you never fight it again. The game doesn't have random encounters, each encounter can be tailor-made and balanced precisely. I do understand where people are coming from when they say they don't like these overly long encounters, but it's not something that bothers me at all.

With all of that said, I have played the early access version of Baldur's Gate 3, about ten hours of it, and calling that game "Divinity: Original Sin 3" isn't too far off the mark. I like both franchises a lot so throwing them both in the same pot and mixing them together is a win-win for me, but if you're looking for an actual successor to Baldur's Gate, then you would be better off looking into the Baldur's Gate interquel Siege of Dragonspear, the excellent Pillars of Eternity duo, or Pathfinder: Kingmaker and its soon-to-be released sequel, Wrath of the Righteous. Those two Pathfinder games have controller support and let you swap between Divinity: Original Sin style turn based combat and Baldur's Gate-style real time with pause combat on the fly, even mid encounter. Pillars of Eternity II has a turn-based mode, but also has a fast-forward button so every action happens much faster than if you were letting everything play out at default speed.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#32 FinalDasa  Moderator

Biomutant: Curious to finally see this thing in motion. I was interested after I saw the first trailers and have been waiting ever since.

Back 4 Blood: Left 4 Dead was an impactful game for my group of friends. Even those who weren't routinely diving into our Halo 3 games were down to become zombies or zombie hunters. So I'm hoping B4B brings some new life to that special little genre.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza said:
@facelessvixen said:

Yup.

In fall 2022: Cyberpunk 2077 2.0. You can now change your hair style and color.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Boy... I sure hope SMT V comes out this year, because my list of games to keep an eye on is pretty bare. I also hope No More Heroes 3 is good, but I worry that it might not be. Or that it might be something stuck in the past.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Horizon, pretty easily. If they just open up the play space a wee bit, charm up the menus and come up with just a handful of new machines, that game could very very easily be MY Breath of the Wild moment in video games.

camitalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Man I have a ton of games im excited for,

1. Nier Replicant Ver 1.22 (obviously this is a little earlier than mid 2021)
2. Disgaea 6
3. Kena and the Bridge of Spirits
4. Mary Skelter Finale
5. NEO: The World Ends With You
6. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
7. Pokemon Legends Arceus
8. Final Fantasy 16
9. Starfield

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza said:
@facelessvixen said:

Yup.

In fall 2022: Cyberpunk 2077 2.0. You can now change your hair style and color.

Also, I hope to see some Fire Emblem mods for Cyberpunk 2077 on PC, I would love to play as Edelgard, Byleth or Mercedes.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza said:

Also, I hope to see some Fire Emblem mods for Cyberpunk 2077 on PC, I would love to play as Edelgard, Byleth or Mercedes.

Oh, god... That reminds me of 2015 when I was first starting to add mods Fallout 3 where I'd dress my character as the girls from K-On, Devil May Cry 4's incarnation of Lady, Yoko Littner, and eventually Motoko Kusanagi in Fallout 4. It's not something that I do these days with more anime themed games having come to Steam since 2016 and me these days wanting to keep my Bethesda and Bethesda-like PRGs lore friendly and relatively safe for work, it still takes me back.

bizarrohash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dying Light 3 has been my most anticipated game for like three years running. I hope we get a date during the Wednesday event.

Other than that, I’m really looking forward to Returnal and Halo Infinite. I like shooting sparkly things in space.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza said:

Oh, god... That reminds me of 2015 when I was first starting to add mods Fallout 3 where I'd dress my character as the girls from K-On, Devil May Cry 4's incarnation of Lady, Yoko Littner, and eventually Motoko Kusanagi in Fallout 4. It's not something that I do these days with more anime themed games having come to Steam since 2016 and me these days wanting to keep my Bethesda and Bethesda-like PRGs lore friendly and relatively safe for work, it still takes me back.

And I would love to see BlazBlue mods for Cyberpunk 2077 so I can play as Noel Vermillion or Tsubaki Yayoi.

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine is A-Train: All Aboard! Tourism and it just came out so I'm good for the year.

And Halo.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for senorsucks2suck
senorsucks2suck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

I’d like a Fallout 3 remake that has the balls to name names of contemporary figures. Bethesda is in DC after all. Aren’t politicians exempt from the typical “likeness” disclaimer. With some deep fake work using archival footage that would be on the level of Forest Gump. Not going to happen. Oh well.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FacelessVixen

Paralives.

This looks like the Cities: Skylines of The Sims that I've been wanting since The Sims 3. ...Hopefully that sentence makes sense.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Now that Bloodlines 2 and Dying Light 2 have been delayed indefinitely, I don't think I'm hyped for anything that's been confirmed for that time frame. I'll pick up Horizon Forbidden West but I'm not jumping out of my seat for it. I'm more excited for Starfield and Breath of the Wild 2, but neither of those has a date.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

power stone 2 online remake.