Your most favorite spaceships in gaming?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello, Sci-Fi fans!

My personal favorite space ships in video games are:

Originals:

• Silver-Hawk Legend from Dariusburst
  • Silver-Hawk Next from Dariusburst
  • Silver-Hawk Genesis from G-Darius
  • Vic Viper from Gradius
  • R-9K Sunday Strike from R-Type Final
  • RX-10 Albatross from R-Type Delta
  • R-9A Arrowhead from R-Type
  • RVA-818 X-LAY from RayForce
  • YSS-1000 Prototype Anti-Ship Spaceplane from Halo: Reach

Licensed:

• Millennium Falcon from Star Wars
  • Poe Dameron's X-wing fighter from Star Wars
  • T-65B X-wing starfighter from Star Wars
  • A-wing starfighter from Star Wars
  • BTL-A4 Y-wing assault starfighter/bomber from Star Wars
cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I guess i'd go with the Normandy from Mass Effect, but i haven't played a lot of sci fi.
My favourite spaceship not in a game is the Star Bug from Red Dwarf, because i was a child in the UK in the 90's.

No Caption Provided
fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

The Scimitar from Wing Commander 1 and Banshee from Wing Commander 4 come first to mind when it comes to original designs for games. Since Star Trek Online includes pretty much every Star Trek ship ever mentioned, I'll also say I love the Nova Class introduced in the Voyager episode Equinox. It doesn't really have any prominent role in any of the games, but it appears in a few of them.

Scimitar
Scimitar
Banshee
Banshee
Nova Class
Nova Class
FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Star Explorer from Ratchet & Clank Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal, because I spent a lot of time playing those games back in the day.

I just thought of something better while typing this.

The Arwing from Star Fox, since Star Fox 64 sparked my initial interest in science fiction, or at least I was playing it a lot when I was getting into the original Star Wars trilogy with the 95 VHS release.

citan359

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By citan359
No Caption Provided

Adder - Elite Dangerous

Looks like the futurama ship, flys like heaven.

A steal at 87k cr, hardpoint locations in all the right spots, Multi-crew compatible, and crucial early game utility. If elite dangerous is a sandbox then this ship is my dad getting me a costco-esque sand toy bundle.

My first ship purchase.

citan359

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Vulture - Elite Dangerous

Looks like an arrowhead, flys like a bullet.

Doesn't matter how much it cost, will pay for itself in a single Anaconda bounty. 2. Large. Hardpoints. No multi-crew, but death is your only friend. Crucial mid game money maker. If elite dangerous is a sandbox then this ship is my dad giving me a gun.

Windshield cracking in space is one of the coolest things I've experienced in a game and this ship does it everytime...

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm quite partial to the Solvalou from Xevious.

World_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Ebon Hawk was a good Millennium Falcon stand in.

I really enjoyed the flight model of the lander in Outer Wilds.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TurtleFish

I really liked the designs of the ships (oh blueprints, those beautiful in-box blueprints, I wish I knew where you had gone) from the original Wing Commander games from the early 90s. And I thought a lot of the ship design from Mass Effect was really cool (and the fact that there never was a Mass Effect starship combat game makes me sad.)

But the ship that I remember the most from video games was the USS Enterprise from the 1983 arcade game, in the sit down cabinet. The game controls were on the arms of the seat you were on, the seat itself had a design out of Star Trek: TMP, it used bright cool vector graphics (esp. if all you had at home was a VIC-20), it had really good sound design, and the controls were complex enough to make you feel like you were flying a starship, but not so complex that the learning curve was too hard.

That game was amazingly fun to play, and we've reached a point where very few people will be able to play it as intended because of the vector display and the complexity of controls which don't led themselves to 'all-in-one' arcade control layouts. But that's the ship (and game) I wish I could fly again.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

The Normandy is very cool, but we all know that.

The Ragnarok from Final Fantasy VIII could maybe be disqualified because the player never operates it in space, but you do acquire it in space, and are introduced to it in one of the best CGI sequences in the game. It does have a pretty neat interior as well, even if it's stuffed with some supremely annoying mini-bosses. This is my answer, by the way, but I'm gonna scroll my trophies and see what else I can find.

Before that, though, can I call Jehuty from Zone of the Enders a spaceship? It flies through space, though again not under player control, and it has a unique personality and stars in one of the prettiest games adjusted for era, 2nd Runner. I'd like to call it a spaceship.

Actually, not much to see in the trophies anyway, apparently. Even my scant sci-fi gaming is mostly ground-based - I'm sure there's a couple of ships I could mention from Destiny, but it's been a couple years and the names never stuck with me even at the height of my Hive hunting. I did really love everything I saw from the duders' marathon run of the first raid in Destiny 2 - what was that ship called?

The only other game I owned for my Gameboy Color other than Pokémon Yellow was a black-and-white (pretty sure) vertical scrolling shooter with rotating peanuts as enemies on the first stage. I really got attached to that ship when I got tired of playing anything else.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't know why my brain works like this, but i thought about Commander Keen's spaceship.

No Caption Provided

The Bean-with-Bacon Megarocket was made from "common household objects" and "old soup cans, rubber cement and plastic tubing. A vacuumcleaner was reworked as an ion propulsion unit, and it runs on alcohol from the father's liquor cabinet.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samus' ship doesn't have a name, does it?

stealydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I have a special fondness for the Shivan ships from Freespace. The SD Demon here is cool as hell!

Avatar image for lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never played it but I love the ship designs in Eve Online.

Despite being a big Mass Effect fan, I've never been a huge fan of the Normandy. Don't get me wrong, I love the inside of it, but from the outside it always looked more like some kind of civilian space airliner or something, instead of the badass stealth warship it supposedly is.

I am aware this is a controversial opinion, and will be handing in my N7 patch and throwing myself out of the nearest airlock forthwith.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#17  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
No Caption Provided

While not quite a space game, the Pyro-GX from Descent comes to mind too. Given that we see it fly in space in cutscenes (and in some sections of Descent 3), I guess it qualifies as a space ship too, though most of its use is within asteroid mining facilities and moons and stuff.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

Samus' ship doesn't have a name, does it?

For some reason why creators of Metroid didn't give a proper name for Samus Aran's Gunship.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dash Rendar's Outrider

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spacegg

Elite (1984): Cobra Mark III

Seeing the ship brings many good memories. Opened whole whole new world. Played Elite on C64.

No Caption Provided

Star Citizen: Aurora LN (manufacturer: Roberts Space Industries)

I like the "insect" look. Reminds me of a dragonfly.

There is probably nothing good at it what comes to specs other than low signatures but it has done fantastic job as a single seater solo ship for me all these years. Internal is simple and a bed is nice addition.

No Caption Provided

Star Citizen: Cutlass Black (manufacturer: Drake Interplanetary)

It has been in use as multipurpose ship. Fighting, trading and mining with the ROC. Works solo and with friends. It masters nothing but I like how it looks and the design of Drake ships in general - rough and bulky. Its variants has a bit more pleasant internals but it is what it is.

No Caption Provided

LavenderGooms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm a big fan of this one, so much that I paid too much money for this

No Caption Provided

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to go with The Kushan Mothership or The Pride of Hiigara from the Homeworld games. Containing the last remaining survivors of your world, you can't help but feel dread everytime an overwhelming force breaks past your fleet and bombards what's basically your home.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ishimura.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

My votes definitely goes to the Normandy from Mass Effect. I love every single cinematic with that ship.

A nice runner up would be the Imperial Agent Starship from SWTOR. It's basically an Aston Martin DB-5 crossed with a space yacht and it fits so perfectly with that story line.

bitbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has to be something from the Homeworld team for me. It’s hard to pick one, from tiny fighters to large carriers and motherships, it’s all amazing.

AzharAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AzharAli

USG Ishimura - Dead Space

The massive mining vessel, the Ishimura, was known as a "planet cracker" for its ability to mine and smelt entire asteroids, moons, and planets.On top of the mining efforts, the Ishimura had a large medical section used for treating ailments as well as experimental research.

Kyary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

It is not really a spaceship, but I did like the 'aircraft' designs in Warhawk (PS3 2007)

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Licensed, but games are really the only place these have been seen in motion. But the Imperium Battleships from Warhammer 40k.

Space cathedrals w/ guns....lots of guns <3

No Caption Provided

alianger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 25

Carrier (Starcraft 1-2)

Gunship (Super Metroid)

Fire LEO-04 "Rynex" (Thunder Force IV)

And another vote for the imperial battleships in 40K