Your most favorite types of peripherals for gaming?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello there gamers in Giant Bomb forums!

My personal favorite type of peripheral is racing wheels with force-feedback so I can feel the realism of driving cars in Sim Racing (Assetto Corsa Competizione, iRacing, rFactor, etc), Rally Sim (WRC, DiRT Rally, Richard Burns Rally, etc), Simcade (Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, Enthusia Professional Racing, etc) and some arcade-style racing games (Forza Horizon, The Crew and Test Drive Unlimited).

For controllers and keyboard & mouse, I'm neutral to them because it depends on each genre:

• Vehicle mechanic and detailing simulators like Car Mechanic Simulator & Car Detailing Simulator respectively: I'd say keyboard & mouse because it's much easier for me to mount the parts and detail the vehicles.
  • Driving games: Definitely the gamepad but I still prefer racing wheels when it comes to Sim Racing, Simcade and Some arcade-style racing games.
  • Shooter games: I'm neutral.
  • Action-adventure: I'm neutral.
  • RPGs: I'm neutral.
  • Motion-based rhythm games: I'd say either Nintendo Switch's Joy-Cons, Nintendo Wii Remote or PS Move will do because I can use it to play Ubisoft's Just Dance series where I had to mimic the mirrored dancers' movements (The ones are portrayed by various professional dancers) in order to score.
  • Audiosurf type rhythm games: Definitely the keyboard so I quickly switch lanes to catch the notes while dodging the obstructions.
isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The Trance Vibrator
The Trance Vibrator

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame: I think I should buy a mouse bungee in the near future.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've gotten the most fun out of my VR headsets and force feedback wheel and pedal setup.

That said, the Dreamcast fishing rod controller is probably my secret favorite!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers