Your most memorable Epic Win?

BamurDeadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BamurDeadd

The questions begs to be asked: What was your last great victory in a game?

Mine was the Dhoulmagus fight in Dragon Quest 8, second form. No more healing items and everyone except the main character downed, enough HP for one last ''superssaiyan'' hit and downing the guy! Absolutly Epic!

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I feel like I had a bunch of moments like that playing X-Com. Probably even more so on Iron Man Classic.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By audiosnow

The world needs to reclaim the word "epic."

Homer wrote a poem containing 15,693 lines. That was an epic.

You or me shooting a digital person in the head, no matter how "super cool" it was, ain't epic.

New rule. If anyone else has ever done it before or if it's possible for someone else to reproduce, it's not epic.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By redcream

Just recently I assaulted the first alien base in XCOM and came in wholly unprepared. I got through 1 vs 1 with my 3hp assault against the last sectoid still in full health. She went on to be the volunteer.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude
@mlarrabee said:

You or me shooting a digital person in the head, no matter how "super cool" it was, ain't epic.

New rule. If anyone else has ever done it before or if it's possible for someone else to reproduce, it's not epic.

Trying to reclaim the word epic is such a sad thing to try and do. I guess you're not a gamer either. I suppose you're not hardcore or casual when it comes to playing video games. Don't be so anal and take it like it's epic. Epic for the win.
audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By audiosnow

@Claude said:

@mlarrabee said:

Trying to reclaim the word epic is such a sad thing to try and do. I guess you're not a gamer either. I suppose you're not hardcore or casual when it comes to playing video games. Don't be so anal and take it like it's epic. Epic for the win.

Midcore all the way.

BamurDeadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BamurDeadd

@mlarrabee: Epic!

Khemitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Khemitude

Obligatory Epic for the win video

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OfficeGamer

My last Epic for the Winzors moment was a week ago in Skyrim. An extremely tough mod dragon attacked right outside Windhelm, I summoned my own dragon, and the fight lasted an age.

The CRAZY thing about it was that I was trying to figure out which of the three Khajiit standing outside is the assassin and it was getting on my nerves, and then the mod dragon attacked and killed him, JUST HIM, and my quest was updated.

Not to mention that seeing the dragon fly to the Windhelm towers across the bay to puke fire on the guards up there then come back to fight me while my dragon was tailing him, it was just too much.

BamurDeadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BamurDeadd

@Khemitude: Had to replay that video 5 times, because Epic

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Capum15

Rome: Total War holds one in my memory.

Can't remember who I was, but I had most of my army elsewhere, but I did have one mis-matched stack of units in various states of hurt. Two near-full stacks of Egyptian army surrounded and hit that stack.

Set up a defensive position, because if I was going to die, I was going to take as many of them as possible. Fire Arrowed the enemy until they closed too close, held a line with the rest of my infantry, and sent three special infantry squads into the enemies' back. Managed to obliterate over half of the first line and send the rest into retreat. They joined up with the second line and came again, and I did a similar thing, fire arrows, but just kept them firing for even longer. Quite a bit of my line started to falter ("Concerned about the number of enemies" appeared a lot), but held out enough to murder the crap out of their peasant squads and heavily demoralize the enemy.

Eventually I destroyed enough infantry to start making the enemy retreat, which basically caused a cascade effect where the rest ended up doing so. Surrounded a nice chunk of infantry and annihilated them while the rest ran off. Pretty sure half of my force died, but I had managed to drive off two Egyptian stacks with a damaged single stack. Felt damn good.

Khemitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Khemitude

Though seriously I'd probably say a few of my Halo 3 moments back in the day, Such as one time on Valhalla at the start of the match on team snipers jump into the man cannon at the start look around for a second or two then just fire a random shot off towards the enemy base and headshot a guy that is mid air jump off the side of the base.

Another one was on Narrows I believe it was (the one that was pretty much just a bridge with a mancannon on either side) playing ninjanaut and im going across the mancannon randomly throw a grenade towards the bridge that hits the invisible ninjanaut right in the face and explodes killing him.

Still got those on my halo 3 fileshare.

BamurDeadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BamurDeadd

Also, Pentakill Akali.. That felt pretty good!

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By JoeyRavn

Finally beating the last level of the Dark World Cotton Alley in Super Meat Boy and seeing that last Achievement pop in. That was sweet.

Also, this one time, I was with a friend fighting Hell Belial in Diablo 3. My friend died and Belial had just a slice of health left, but the fight had reached the point in which he starts throwing everything at you. I somehow managed to stay alive for about two mintues, dodging every single attack he made. I revived my friend and finished off Belial with some well-timed arrows from my Demon Huntress. I don't think I've ever had a moment of such pure skill in my entire gaming life.

Oh, and:

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By L44

When I got 100% Cliffs of Dover on expert (Guitar Hero 3). I have the scars to prove it (I literally cannot play Guitar Hero anymore). And the term Epic Win is dumb as hell.

Edit: I thought I should clarify. On the run where I achieved 100% everything went well, I was so happy I had finally done it, but I then realised what had happened. My pinky had completely locked up, so instinctivlely I used my other hand to move it. It was a sharp quick pain and my pinky has never been the same. Now whenever I straighten my pinky it locks in place and I have to conciously focus on moving it back to normal.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By ArtisanBreads

.... so OP is a marketer right?

This is some kind of marketing?

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Nictel

Persona 3. That end boss. Took me hours to take it down.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@mlarrabee said:

some achievements can be downright epic. I remember playing Halo: Reach Multiplayer one time on that (then) new mode head hunter or whatever. Kill a special dude and skulls pop out, collect the skulls and get to the finish line or whatever. Anyhow, I shot him dead with 15 seconds left on the clock, collected all the skulls he dropped and won the match despite doing poorly throughout the entire thing. I wound up laughing at the hilarity of it for a good while. While I didn't tell the tale with much embellishment or gusto, that was an "epic win" for me.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

The term epic win makes me want to punch people.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

The term epic win makes me want to punch people.

Enjoy your Epic Win with Mountain Dew: Epic Rush flavor! Now available at 7-11.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By NMC2008

Beating Dragon's Lair 2 blindfolded was pretty awesome.

BamurDeadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BamurDeadd

@ArtisanBreads: Not a marketer.. What would I be marketing anyway? Dragon Quest 8, just too late to the party?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

A lot of terms could make me unhappy, angry or violent as well. I just choose not to be bothered by goddamn words on a message board!

My last epic win? I guess that was Sleeping Dogs.

Jumped off a ramp with my motorcycle, jumped off it midair. Watch as the thing crushes one of the triad gangsters below me. Land on my feet and kick the other two to hell. Wei (the player character) takes off his helmet as I roundhouse kicked the last guy to the floor and perfectly throws it down on the guy's face. How perfect was that?

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By uhtaree

I've only been fail in games lately :(

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Red12b

urgh

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sanity

@Khemitude said:

Makes me cringe every time.... I dont even have to watch it, just being reminded that it exists makes me ill.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#27  Edited By Slag

Hmmm interesting question

single player- probably defeating the Final Boss of Arc the Lad: twilight of the Spirits.

Normally in a JRPG, I overlevel like crazy because I go collectible crazy. But in the AtL:TotS there wasn't much to get so I didn't bother. Which made the last boss fairly difficult for me since I was underleveled or at least compared to what I'd normally be in a game like that. I used up every revive/curative item I had but I managed to chip away at that huge eyeball thing for 55 minutes to finally secure victory.

multiplayer-beating back a Protoss who nearly cannon rushed me to death in SC2. Only had two SCVs and a relocated burning command center left, but he got sloppy and I got lucky.

@TaliciaDragonsong:

Oh yeah that's the good stuff right there! Sleeping Dogs is so, so good at mayhem like that.

Sleeping Dogs is the most fun open world game I think I've ever played. The Batman-style hand to hand martial arts combat really adds a level of mayhem to those style of games that really makes it incredibly dynamic.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Animasta

epic for the win has circled back around from being cool to lame and now it is cool again apparently

post-meme

Avatar image for videogamesarenotart
videogamesarenotart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

metal gear online

team sneak

last surviving member on sneak team

4 enemy players armed with assault rifles on UU on the grassy ledge by the catapult

CQC'd them all at the same time and won the match

probably the best moment ever, MGO was an amazing game

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Animasta said:

epic for the win has circled back around from being cool to lame and now it is cool again apparently

post-meme

Was it really cool at any point in history?

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By casper_

my epic wins are generally fueled by the dew

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Animasta

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Animasta said:

post-meme

Was it really cool at any point in history?

yes.

Whenever you were 12 years old

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MiniPato

@dudy80 said:

@Khemitude said:

Makes me cringe every time.... I dont even have to watch it, just being reminded that it exists makes me ill.

Really? Knowing the video exists just makes me feel better about myself. Though I never watched it after the first time because the wahjah would literally kill me.

@videogamesarenotart said:

metal gear online

team sneak

last surviving member on sneak team

4 enemy players armed with assault rifles on UU on the grassy ledge by the catapult

CQC'd them all at the same time and won the match

probably the best moment ever, MGO was an amazing game

Is team sneak the one where there are no respawns?

My most epic win fueled by Dew was also in MGO, or MGO2 since it was MGS4's MGO.

I think it was team sneak or some no-respawn TDM mode. We were playing that training ground map with an underground tunnel area. Both our teams decided to take the tunnel and ran into eachother. My teammates got gunned down without taking down a single enemy and I was the only one left. I just threw grenades down the end of the tunnel and managed to kill everyone on the team except for the last two who I headshot with a pistol. This was still within the week or so that MGS4 released, so it must've just been beginner's luck.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By YOU_DIED

every boss fight in Dark Souls

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By JJOR64

Beat Filipino Champ in SF4 before and he got mad salty. It was just an online match though.

MURDERSMASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By MURDERSMASH

One of the biggest, most rewarding boss defeats I can think of from the past few years was when my old guild in World of Warcraft took down Illidan for the first time. Man, talk about a celebration. If there's one thing I miss from that game, it would be the feeling of taking down a hard boss after weeks or even months of struggling and learning.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By colourful_hippie
TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheHumanDove

Epic win makes me angry. Bazinga!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

EPIC PWNZ NOOBZ PRON

Avatar image for videogamesarenotart
videogamesarenotart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MiniPato:

team sneak is the one where one team has no weapons except tranq guns and knives, but are all equipped with invis camo and the other team has full load outs

it was crazy fun