10. Paperboy - I still play this game all the time (hence my avatar). The Genesis version was my favorite, but the NES version isn't too shabby either.
9. - Still love the Ninja Turtles to this day and this game was a mainstay during my summer vacations. I didn't grow up with a SNES, so I was convinced this was better than Turtles in Time as a kid.
8. - I can't tell you the amount of Rock Band parties that were held during my time in college. "Gamer" or not, everybody was interested in picking up an instrument and giving any song a go.
7. - My mom and dad would play this game with me all the time as a kid. My cartridge still somehow has my save on it from 90s.
6. - This game single handedly got me into playing hockey, something I still do to this day! I would love EA to make a "throwback" NHL game one of these days with sprites just like the Genesis era games.
5. - I would play this game with my dad every night. I remember eventually figuring out the executable in DOS so that you could jump to any level in the game. As a 8 year old I felt pretty awesome!
4. - My 6th grade teacher has our computer lab networked together. Each Thursday afternoon we would all meet there to try and take him out after school. During the entire year, we only were able to beat him once. We're talking 7 on 1. Those were the days.
3. - This was the first game I ever played online from home. My friends and I immediately made a clan and weekly clan wars every Friday and Saturday night for years. It's something we still talk about to this day. Where is Socom 5!?
2. - I had no idea what an RPG was in 1997. I didn't get at first why I couldn't attack whenever I wanted. However, I eventually figured it out. This is one of my favorite games of all time.
1. - I LOVE this series. RE1 and 2 are both amazing games. The series sort of lost me with 4 and 5, but the REmake and RE2 remake were amazing.
Some leftfield entries here haha. I agree with RE losing it after 3, despite the hype RE4 it was too action-focussed for me.
Great that a computer game got you into a real sport! I've done it in reverse: used to love playing football, but now only play it virtually...