Braid may come to PlayStation Network [Wii? Nope]

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

According to Game Focus, Braid developer Jonathan Blow said that the game may come to the PSN after the exclusivity deal ends with MS on XBL. He also mentioned how it would never be able to come to the Wii via Wii Ware because the size of the game is too large to ever fit.

With the game coming out on PC in a few months, I wonder how long it would be before it comes to PSN. Assuming PC is part of the exclusive deal as well, right? Previously, Jonathan hinted at a few things being added into the PC version since it's coming out later, so I wonder how much of this would apply to the PSN version if that ever happened.

I think this would be awesome, either way I will be playing it though. My friend will probably buy it eventually when he gets the cash, and then I'll probably buy it on PSN if that ever happens. So I'll be playing both versions soon neough. :)

What do you think about this?

Duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Duffman

Sounds cool.  Braid is already an awesome game, why not let more people play it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True, it is really a creation of art from what I have heard and seen this far. Especially the story.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Okay, people, MS has NO control over what goes onto the PC. NO CONTROL.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Homer

Too bad I already have in on the xbox, or else I would have gotten it on PSN. I like the PS3 controllers better than the xbox controllers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGTAvaccine said:
"Okay, people, MS has NO control over what goes onto the PC. NO CONTROL."
OK? This fits in where? Lmao, I was saying if the exclusivity deal with Braid was for the PC AND XBL, or was it just restricted to XBL only.
Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Well if it comes to be maybe i can play it on linux yellow dog?

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By schizogony

Interest rising...

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Snail

Sweet, I didn't even know a PC version was coming out. I might just get it (I don't have a 360).

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Systech

If this is true, cool. I think all great games need to be played by more people.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BoG

Not that it matters that Wii owners won't get it, it wouldn't fit on the wii in the first place.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Snail

systech said:

"If this is true, cool. I think all great games need to be played by more people."

If only Fable 2 would come out on the PC... :( Oh well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't, really.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By twenty0ne

I think you're getting your hopes up prematurely...

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By brukaoru

Great news. The more available the game is, the more it can sell. :D

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Clean

It should. So more people can play it and hope for a console sequel

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Systech
Snail said:
"

systech said:

"If this is true, cool. I think all great games need to be played by more people."

If only Fable 2 would come out on the PC... :( Oh well.

"
It probably will eventually. The last one came out for it, but it was a while after the Xbox version was released.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pause422

Fable 2 will come out on the PC later on, just look how fable was also an 'exclusive Xbox title" and came out with more quests and such later on the PC, its the same way everyone should of assumed GTAIV would hit PC's yet some people still acted surprised..or like they needed the confirmation withe very other GTA hitting it.

I generally liked the trial of braid quite a bit.. I just didn't like it more than I like Geometry wars 2, since I don't play XBL titles all that much in the first place.. I jst don't want to spend that much money on it, if it goes down eventually sure I will though.

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vlademir

Braid is great. Hopefully it comes to PSN just so the PS3 people can see it's awesomeness. I've only played the trial mainly because of the price. Hopefully the price will go down within a few months so I can purchase it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

twenty0ne said:
"I think you're getting your hopes up prematurely..."
Who is? No one is saying it WILL happen, just that it might happen, and that is straight from the horses mouth.
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Cool.  If it does happen, maybe a new game mode or a bonus world will be added for extra incentive to buy it.

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HitNRun

Yeah I liked the Braid demo but I'm not shelling out 15 for it... my game budget already packed in tight with so many other 360 titles, and I don't want to send any signals encouraging them lol.

It really sucks about the Wii though, I think that would work perfectly on the Wii with their retro-market with lots of platformers. And it's "creative," the way the Wii used to be before the novelty of motion sensing wore off. But that's not happening with Nintendo's head still up their ass about hard drive space though.

If I were Microsoft I'd probably be pissed off, not about the possibility of a port, but about Blow fessing up to it. Most of these timed exclusive deals have an understanding that you don't talk about other systems for the duration of the deal. It was probably dumb on Blow's part too because it hurts short term sales on the 360 by letting everyone know it'll be available somewhere else down the road, and at the moment Braid's challenge is getting to profitability.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pause422

I don't think so hit, he admitted to everyone openly that it was coming to PC's guaranteed very soon, even though its still a maybe/maybe not soon for the PS3 I don't think its that big of a deal, I kind of hate when they have to  claim a game is 'exclusive' at all with one system when its only a brief period, plenty of times they make it completely obvious, or its at least hitting PC's and you know it.. I think more or less he can just get the game to sell more overall once it hits PC and ps3(maybe) as well.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DualReaver

Oh that's nice for PS3 users.

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HitNRun
pause422 said:
"I don't think so hit, he admitted to everyone openly that it was coming to PC's guaranteed very soon, even though its still a maybe/maybe not soon for the PS3 I don't think its that big of a deal, I kind of hate when they have to  claim a game is 'exclusive' at all with one system when its only a brief period, plenty of times they make it completely obvious, or its at least hitting PC's and you know it.. I think more or less he can just get the game to sell more overall once it hits PC and ps3(maybe) as well."
True, he did mention PC, but I still imagine Microsoft is annoyed about this more because PC is sort of the neutral Switzerland of the console wars. I guess it depends on whether Blow and MS had an understanding or a signed contract or Blow just picked 360 because they said yes first. If they didn't have any sort of deal, then it might have been smart because PS3 fans now know they can just wait rather than playing it at a friend's or getting it on PC where probably half of the played copies will be pirated.
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Relys

Why couldn't it fit on the Wii? The Wii only outputs at 480p so it would be rather pointless to have huge HD backgrounds and textures there.

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Keano

"MAY Come"????

Avatar image for bread_or_decide
bread_or_decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bread_or_decide

Holy cow Braid came out of nowhere. Gotta download me this game.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pause422
Keano said:
"

"MAY Come"????

LMAO!!!! have fun waiting.

"
Of course the thread wouldn't be complete without at least one jackass coming in being a fanboy. I love how you also act as if this is some triple A exclusive epic game that everyone inthe world loves by saying "have fun waiting", its not even a 360 exclusive and that much is known already. If you like the game so much to come in here and be the only one to bash it possibly coming to the PS3 I would think you would want the devs to get it out everywhere they can and have more people try it, but I guess since I'm not a fanboy I don't understand proper logic when it comes to them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pause422 said:
"Keano said:
"

"MAY Come"????

LMAO!!!! have fun waiting.

"
Of course the thread wouldn't be complete without at least one jackass coming in being a fanboy. I love how you also act as if this is some triple A exclusive epic game that everyone inthe world loves by saying "have fun waiting", its not even a 360 exclusive and that much is known already. If you like the game so much to come in here and be the only one to bash it possibly coming to the PS3 I would think you would want the devs to get it out everywhere they can and have more people try it, but I guess since I'm not a fanboy I don't understand proper logic when it comes to them."
Exactly. This is so, so sad... I wish there was a 'report as fanboy' button somewhere.