Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Edited By Yummylee

Yes we can!   I know, I'm hilarious.

I've recently been getting myself a pretty crowded backlog on my shelves, though none of them new releases or even anything from this gen. With me usually only having enough cash for one full price game per month, the rest otherwise goes towards classic DVDs or PS2 games. With Dead Space 2 being the only full time purchase for me until, well, March for my eagerly anticipated Dragon Age 2 it's left a lot of spare change. Heaven Forbid I decide to save all that up instead! 

The most notable PS2 game I've finally caught up with Rockstar's own heralded tribute to the movie, The Warriors. I haven't seen the movie, yet, but since the game's mostly set up as a prequel there's no harm done. 
Despite that, though, I've only put in about 4 hours and it's going to stay that way until I do watch the movie. The game holds up surprisingly well and is a ton of fun, but I want to be able to watch and listen to these characters in all of their originality back in 1979. Not to mention that the game will eventually play through the movies plot points, and I'd rather witness the story unfold in the movie - Bluray of course 8D 

Deceased father of Dexter Morgan by day, muscle bound Warrior by night.

Before There Was Mass Effect, There Was The Suffering! 

The Mass Effect and The Suffering franchises: they have little in common with one another. Mass Effect is a sci-fi epic; a, sometimes, RPG built around a massive fictional Galaxy influenced by your decisions. The Suffering is a 3rd person/first person shooter, centred on criminal psychology, with morality choices forced upon you, but nothing that'll change the fate of Galaxy. So again, they're completely different games, but the one thing they do happen to share is the save import ability. 

As this point it's hardly ground breaking with such a mechanic being made very mainstream by the Mass Effect franchise, but back in the early decade of last, The Suffering was already allowing such incredible transitions between games. 
Now I only recently found out myself, since I never owned the sequel, though I did still enjoy the original very much. So much that I decided to buy the sequel, but with the incentive of having my own decisions cross over--while obviously no in the same league as the Mass Effect series, I've decided to also put that on hold until my copy of the original arrives along side it. (I've gone through a lot of PS2 casualties, and The Suffering was one of them back in the day, hence why I need to buy it again). 

The Lord of The Rings AKA The Master of The Fucked Up Hit Detection. 

The Lord of The Ring games based on the movie are some of my most precious (LAUGH WITH ME!) PS2 games from back in the days of when practically anything could hold my attention to the TV screen. I only played The Two Towers and The Return of The King, though I absolutely adored both of them, playing for them hours on end. Games didn't need replay value for me to still enjoy playing them over and over.. I miss those days.. 

In any case, they too were added into my Amazonian cart, but unfortunately haven't aged nearly as well as the previous gems of the PS2 era. The Two Tower's specifically is almost downright broken, with your light attacks seeming to ever hit, and with some levels bombarding you with a non stop array of fire arrows. Your only dodge manoeuvre limited to a small hop back with the lack of a targeting function meant trying to avoid attacks was meaningless as well.  Fuck, that game is tough!  
Game would of been so much better if it had a PO-TA-TO QTE minigame, too. 

Fortunately, The Return of The King managed to improve upon its predeccesor incredibly. My attacks could actually hit my enemies, and that alone made the game seem completely refreshed. Some of the same issues applied, and the enemies themselves would have attacks that would register before the animation was finished. But on the other hand: playable Gandalf. Overall, though, it's a much more tolerable game, and one I still enjoyed playing. The neat extras you get fitted well as a quick diversion, and for when I was waiting for the movies through these games, I ate that shite up with a spoon!  
The Two Towers, however.. if only I could of just kept that as a distantly fond memory. 

R.I.P 

Good News Everyone! 

I completed Dead Space 2! on Survivalist! First Playthrough! Who Wants to Touch me!

Now I'm not going to spill my keyboards guts and repeat what everyone has already said about this months hottest game, so in short; it's pretty great. Not as good as the original, though, as it seemed to focus far too much on loud and brash action set pieces than I would of liked. 
I missed the creepy allure and mystery that the original gave me so much of. And as for Isaac; just because he now has a voice doesn't make him much more of an interesting character. Matter O fact the entire story and its cast was a complete wash for me, personally. 

It's the suit that's made Isaac so iconic, more than the character itself, unfortunately.
 It's the suit that's made Isaac so iconic, more than the character itself, unfortunately.
I really loved the ''less is more'' aesthetic from the first Dead Space, and the sequel with its back talking protagonist, a whole history book for the necromorphs and Unitologists around every corner, it kinda lost me.
It's a great game, no doubt about it, but I don't hold the same love I have for Dead Space 2 that I do with the Isaac's original, non-spoken ventures into the Ishimura. 

And Then There's Also My 9,999 Posts!

What a great number: 9. The one number before 10, which can signify launchs, explosions, hide and seek countdowns and so much more! The number 9 can potentially be one of the most terrifying numbers out there, and the transition from 9 to 10 can feel like a lifetime with the right circumstances. As such, I kinda sorta maybe done a dumb lil tribute to actually keep my post count at that state, just for a little while until I could actually make the effort with this here blog! 

And thus, here's to another 10,000 pointless posts on the only forum I'd care to post so much stupid rubbish. <3 
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Yummylee

I've recently been getting myself a pretty crowded backlog on my shelves, though none of them new releases or even anything from this gen. With me usually only having enough cash for one full price game per month, the rest otherwise goes towards classic DVDs or PS2 games. With Dead Space 2 being the only full time purchase for me until, well, March for my eagerly anticipated Dragon Age 2 it's left a lot of spare change. Heaven Forbid I decide to save all that up instead! 

The most notable PS2 game I've finally caught up with Rockstar's own heralded tribute to the movie, The Warriors. I haven't seen the movie, yet, but since the game's mostly set up as a prequel there's no harm done. 
Despite that, though, I've only put in about 4 hours and it's going to stay that way until I do watch the movie. The game holds up surprisingly well and is a ton of fun, but I want to be able to watch and listen to these characters in all of their originality back in 1979. Not to mention that the game will eventually play through the movies plot points, and I'd rather witness the story unfold in the movie - Bluray of course 8D 

Before There Was Mass Effect, There Was The Suffering! 

The Mass Effect and The Suffering franchises: they have little in common with one another. Mass Effect is a sci-fi epic; a, sometimes, RPG built around a massive fictional Galaxy influenced by your decisions. The Suffering is a 3rd person/first person shooter, centred on criminal psychology, with morality choices forced upon you, but nothing that'll change the fate of Galaxy. So again, they're completely different games, but the one thing they do happen to share is the save import ability. 

As this point it's hardly ground breaking with such a mechanic being made very mainstream by the Mass Effect franchise, but back in the early decade of last, The Suffering was already allowing such incredible transitions between games. 
Now I only recently found out myself, since I never owned the sequel, though I did still enjoy the original very much. So much that I decided to buy the sequel, but with the incentive of having my own decisions cross over--while obviously no in the same league as the Mass Effect series, I've decided to also put that on hold until my copy of the original arrives along side it. (I've gone through a lot of PS2 casualties, and The Suffering was one of them back in the day, hence why I need to buy it again). 

The Lord of The Rings AKA The Master of The Fucked Up Hit Detection. 

The Lord of The Ring games based on the movie are some of my most precious (LAUGH WITH ME!) PS2 games from back in the days of when practically anything could hold my attention to the TV screen. I only played The Two Towers and The Return of The King, though I absolutely adored both of them, playing for them hours on end. Games didn't need replay value for me to still enjoy playing them over and over.. I miss those days.. 

In any case, they too were added into my Amazonian cart, but unfortunately haven't aged nearly as well as the previous gems of the PS2 era. The Two Tower's specifically is almost downright broken, with your light attacks seeming to ever hit, and with some levels bombarding you with a non stop array of fire arrows. Your only dodge manoeuvre limited to a small hop back with the lack of a targeting function meant trying to avoid attacks was meaningless as well.  Fuck, that game is tough!  
Game would of been so much better if it had a PO-TA-TO QTE minigame, too. 

Fortunately, The Return of The King managed to improve upon its predeccesor incredibly. My attacks could actually hit my enemies, and that alone made the game seem completely refreshed. Some of the same issues applied, and the enemies themselves would have attacks that would register before the animation was finished. But on the other hand: playable Gandalf. Overall, though, it's a much more tolerable game, and one I still enjoyed playing. The neat extras you get fitted well as a quick diversion, and for when I was waiting for the movies through these games, I ate that shite up with a spoon!  
The Two Towers, however.. if only I could of just kept that as a distantly fond memory. 

R.I.P 

Good News Everyone! 

I completed Dead Space 2! on Survivalist! First Playthrough! Who Wants to Touch me!

Now I'm not going to spill my keyboards guts and repeat what everyone has already said about this months hottest game, so in short; it's pretty great. Not as good as the original, though, as it seemed to focus far too much on loud and brash action set pieces than I would of liked. 
I missed the creepy allure and mystery that the original gave me so much of. And as for Isaac; just because he now has a voice doesn't make him much more of an interesting character. Matter O fact the entire story and its cast was a complete wash for me, personally. 

I really loved the ''less is more'' aesthetic from the first Dead Space, and the sequel with its back talking protagonist, a whole history book for the necromorphs and Unitologists around every corner, it kinda lost me.
It's a great game, no doubt about it, but I don't hold the same love I have for Dead Space 2 that I do with the Isaac's original, non-spoken ventures into the Ishimura. 

And Then There's Also My 9,999 Posts!

What a great number: 9. The one number before 10, which can signify launchs, explosions, hide and seek countdowns and so much more! The number 9 can potentially be one of the most terrifying numbers out there, and the transition from 9 to 10 can feel like a lifetime with the right circumstances. As such, I kinda sorta maybe done a dumb lil tribute to actually keep my post count at that state, just for a little while until I could actually make the effort with this here blog! 

And thus, here's to another 10,000 pointless posts on the only forum I'd care to post so much stupid rubbish. <3 
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

You will never reach 10,000 posts. It is impossible. Only I can! Only me!

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By McGhee

God, I can remember renting one of those Lord of the Rings games with a friend of mine. We ran into a game breaking bug, and we got stuck and there was absolutely no way to progress the game. It was like we killed all the enemies but it didn't trigger the next story sequence, and I think because of the way the saves were we couldn't go back either. Man that was bad.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yummylee
@JJWeatherman said:
" You will never reach 10,000 posts. It is impossible. Only I can! Only me! "

You are already dead!
 You are already dead!
Avatar image for metalgeargeorge
MetalGearGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MetalGearGeorge

Good blog post duder. After reading it i really want to play The Suffering again, such a great game! Also congrats on 10000 posts! 

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EvilTwin

I have a love/hate relationship with those Lord of the Rings games.  Especially Two Towers.  That game was so stressful for me to play.  Especially this level.   

Trying to protect that damn gate while not dying and destroying those catapults is bad enough, but then they start playing that Isengard/Uruk Hai music and its so damn STRESSFUL.  I think my blood pressure is rising just watching Aragorn close that gate at the beginning.  WHY ARE YOU ALL LEAVING HIM TO DEFEND A GATE BY HIMSELF?!?!

Oh yeah, good blog. :P
ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#7  Edited By ahoodedfigure

The Two Taters-- er...  That  game I had on the Gamecube, and would hit my head against repeatedly.  It ruined the movies for me for a long time because of the repetition of the source material's music; when watching the movie I would hear a musical cue they used in the game and it would take me out of the fantasy of it. Good to know I wasn't the only person who had problems with the controls.  Gimli was supposedly the strongest hitter, but for me his rhythm made him probably the weakest character, at least how I managed to play him.

The Warriors is one of my favorite games for the original XBox, and after having watched the movie I'd say that it's less a prequel than a huge expansion in just about every direction that made the film actually seem a bit wan by comparison. If you look at it as a literal depiction of gangs it's silly of course, but I'm pretty sure it was never meant to be that way, even the book it was all based on. It's got a bit of that seventies cheese but the game goes in so whole-heartedly that it feels right. There were a few aspects that could have been expanded, but I still love that game after all this time.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#8  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I remember those LOTR games quite fondly. Sure, they weren't art, but for character action games in a pre-God of War, pre-Devil May Cry 3 world for my 11 year old self, they were alright in my book. However, I'm sure they wouldn't hold up so well now. Kind of a bummer.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Hi. Just stopping by because of "The warriors" Refrance.  

Thank you and have a nice day. 

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Red12b

COME OUT AND PLAYAAY!

fudge91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fudge91

Oh man the warriors... i also played it for a bit last year.  Though i was having fun for quit a while, i eventually came to a point where i wanted to stop, and never play it again. Though im not going to spoil it, im sure you'll reach it soon enough. Hopefully you'll have better luck than i did.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Gabriel

I loved Return of the King.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BulletproofMonk

The Return of the King was such an awesome game. And hard as shit. Never got past the Black Gate level in single player. The co-op was a lot easier, though.  

Man, that game was so much fun.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Claude

A lot of good memories in this blog. Those Lord of the Rings games were fun, but pretty damn hard. I don't think I ever finished a single one, but enjoyed my time with them.

10,000 posts, that's a lot of time wasted. Here's to another 10,000. I'll get there one day.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Rayfield
@Abyssfull: 

I played The Warriors when it was released and loved it. Still the only decent movie-based game ever made. 

I played it to completion and then watched the movie for the first time. Due to most of the game being a prequel, I had a whole lot of backstory for characters in the movie, even extremely minor ones. Gangs that appear way off in the background in one scene and I'm like OH DUDE ITS THE MOONRUNNERS I HATE THOSE BASTARDS. You spend an entire section of the game fighting the Savage Huns but they only appear for, literally, two seconds in the movie.  

Seeing the characters I had been around for 15+ hours 'come to life' while watching the movie was an amazing experience. I highly recommend watching the film only AFTER finishing the game. 

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Tsoglani

I dig the way Rockstar turned the Warriors into a fun and entertaining brawler; still stands up on its own, and adds to the Warriors legend. Great game, and still enjoy playing through the story occasionally. I also dig the unlockable Double Dragon style game that you get when you beat the main story... 

I have a collector's edition DVD of the warriors; did you know that the inspiration behind the Warriors was based on the Spartans? True. I need the graphic novel to complete my Warriors collection.

I agree on the Suffering too: when I first played it, I was hooked by Torque's beastly attitude. Sort of a coincidence too, in so far as I actually started playing the sequel, Ties That Bind, only weeks ago in between bouts of current-gen gaming. I had Ties That Bind sitting here since its release, and it has only been now that I began playing it. 

Congrats on 10,000 too... what a mammoth effort!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iam3green
@Claude:  i thought you were jeff for a second. i said wait how come jeff doesn't have staff under his avatar.....

congrats on 10,000 post. it is a big milestone for something like that to happen. i am going to get there in a couple of months i think. the ps2 was a great system. there were a lot of great times playing it.  i never got any of the lord of the rings games but i just remember watching trails for it on TV all the time.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Claude
@iam3green:  Just having some fun. I do miss Jeff's old avatar, but things change.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By toowalrus

Yes I can! And I've been waiting such a long time- for Saturday! 

...@Claude: You're freaking me out, man.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Claude
@TooWalrus said:
" Yes I can! And I've been waiting such a long time- for Saturday! 

...@Claude: You're freaking me out, man. "
That's the plan.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By toowalrus
@Claude: It's workin! Carry on.
Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Crono11

I thought this was going to be about Booker T....

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By C2C
@crono11 said:
" I thought this was going to be about Booker T.... "
This 

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mordukai
@Abyssfull: How can you have a title like that and not include this?  
BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By BigBoss1911

All great games you mentioned. The suffering probably my favorite of them.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Yummylee
@crono11: @C2C: @Mordukai:  
TRIPLE COMBO! 

And it was pretty easy actually, considering I never heard of him before now. The title's related to The Warriors movie/game, and what with the movie being released in 1979, it's more..worthy... I think of such a tribute. 8) 

Also wrestling is bleh.
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By damswedon

I came expecting Warriors talk and I got Warriors talk.
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I enjoyed the Warriors game a whole lot; plenty of fun when playing with someone else!^^

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By beej
@Abyssfull: Watch the fucking movie!
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Yummylee
@beej said:
" @Abyssfull: Watch the fucking movie! "
It just arrived for me this morning, so I fucking will!
Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pessh

woah there's a bob the builder movie?

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dbz1995

LOTR: The Third Age was one of my favourite TBRPGs ever. Have you played it? It's co-op as well!

And screw Booker T. I used to like him until he became King Booker.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Yummylee
@dbz1995:  Coop for a turn based RPG? Well that sounds...pointless. May give it a go, though. Plus there was LOTR's Conquest game that I've always wanted to give a go as well. I played the demo and thought it was 's'alright, but most of the reviews were saying otherwise which admittedly pulled me away from making a purchase.
amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By amir90

I loved the LOTR games :D

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dbz1995
@Abyssfull said:
" @dbz1995:  Coop for a turn based RPG? Well that sounds...pointless. May give it a go, though. Plus there was LOTR's Conquest game that I've always wanted to give a go as well. I played the demo and thought it was 's'alright, but most of the reviews were saying otherwise which admittedly pulled me away from making a purchase. 

Pointless? It is pointless, but that doesn't stop it being really good with a brother from another mother.
SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SlightConfuse

i enjoyed those LOTR games quite a lot when they came out 

@EvilTwin: that level was a bitch to get past for me as well