Gearbox Rumored to be Working on Halo 4.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Riddler

good, they did the port for halo1 on PC. so they have some experience.

anyways, it wont be called Halo "4" since the master chief trilogy is over.

LilBew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LilBew

i hope this is true

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Vaxadrin

I've heard this, too.  I actually think they would do a decent job considering Half Life: OpFor was an excellent game, and Half Life PS2 showed they know how to make an FPS work well on a console.  I haven't personally played any of the Brothers In Arms games.

In reality, what most excites me is the prospect of another developer making a Halo game.  Halo 1, 2, & 3 are all so similar in gameplay, I'm wondering what someone else could bring to the table to spice it up.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Warfare
Vaxadrin said:
"I've heard this, too.  I actually think they would do a decent job considering Half Life: OpFor was an excellent game, and Half Life PS2 showed they know how to make an FPS work well on a console.  I haven't personally played any of the Brothers In Arms games.

In reality, what most excites me is the prospect of another developer making a Halo game.  Halo 1, 2, & 3 are all so similar in gameplay, I'm wondering what someone else could bring to the table to spice it up."
indeed
uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By uberpwner93

It's just a rumor. Gearbox just denied it.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ZeroCast

Are you kidding me ? If they wanna milk the Halo series then they better think of another way because Halo ended when Halo 3 did.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Warfare
uberpwner93 said:
"It's just a rumor. Gearbox just denied it."
link please.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

why would gearbox be making halo 4 rather than bungie? 

I know bungie isnt a 1st party of MS, now more like a 2nd, but a company with strong ties to MS who had said they're going to still be working on halo, just not in usual shape vs. a random company that ported Halo 1 to the pc?

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#10  Edited By Soap
Riddler said:
"anyways, it wont be called Halo "4" since the master chief trilogy is over."
Cool, maybe we'll get to play as some one with a damn personality this time
bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By bjorno

no.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Player1
SmugDarkLoser said:
"why would gearbox be making halo 4 rather than bungie? 

I know bungie isnt a 1st party of MS, now more like a 2nd, but a company with strong ties to MS who had said they're going to still be working on halo, just not in usual shape vs. a random company that ported Halo 1 to the pc?"
I agree, it wouldn't make sense to me why bungie would do this. 
Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ubergeist
uberpwner93 said:
"It's just a rumor. Gearbox just denied it."
I read this earlier today and now I can't find what site it was on. I went back through all the blogs I read and I guess it was removed...
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vaxadrin

Bungie specifically stated that they split off from MS so they could make games that aren't Halo.  It's good, developer stagnation from constantly making the same franchise is a bad thing.

Personally, I'd love to see Halo Gaiden...a Serious Sam or Painkiller style game against waves of the flood.  Or maybe Halo Tactics, a turn-based strategy game where you play as the flood and must systematically wipe out other species.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Arkthemaniac

No more Halo. Let it be done.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I wouldn't mind another Halo game. They're great games. Not my favorite, but Halo still has room to grow.

I guess hating on Halo is the cool "fad" these days...

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

You know what's funny?  This is "news" now, but Gerstmann totally called this in his blog months ago. 

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Arkthemaniac
TheJollyRajah said:
"I wouldn't mind another Halo game. They're great games. Not my favorite, but Halo still has room to grow.

I guess hating on Halo is the cool "fad" these days..."
I don't see it as a fad to hate on it. I don't hate Halo, but I don't see it growing anymore. The sequels were taxing for me. If a reputable developer were either given the option to make a Halo game or something else, I'd hope they'd say something else. Let there be new games rather than sequels.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#19  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

So the company who did the port for Halo: Combat Evolved is now 'working on' Halo 4 despite all PC ports from the Halo series coming out years after the original releases? Yeah right, let the Halo 4 rumour die already.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#20  Edited By Soap
TheJollyRajah said:
"I wouldn't mind another Halo game. They're great games. Not my favorite, but Halo still has room to grow.

I'd like to think I had something to do with starting that fad like, 4/5 years ago... man I'm just ahead of my time.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Vaxadrin said:
"Bungie specifically stated that they split off from MS so they could make games that aren't Halo.  It's good, developer stagnation from constantly making the same franchise is a bad thing.

Personally, I'd love to see Halo Gaiden...a Serious Sam or Painkiller style game against waves of the flood.  Or maybe Halo Tactics, a turn-based strategy game where you play as the flood and must systematically wipe out other species."
no they didnt.
They said they wanted to make some new creative projects.  That being said, they have said theyre still working on a halo related project.

theyre workingon3 gamesright now
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayge_

Well, they certainly couldn't make it any worse.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vaxadrin
Jayge said:
"Well, they certainly couldn't make it any worse."
They could have the Halo fanbase record all the soldier dialogue for the new game.
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I guess we both have different opinions. But I think the majority of gamers would like to see another trilogy in the Halo universe. Halo has a huge fanbase, and it's the most competitive game out there. It's MLG's number one game. To stop Halo altogether would be a spit in the face to all the fans. I mean, look at a franchise like Mario. Yeah, it's milked, but you still get awesome games like Galaxy from time to time.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Yeah, we have different opinions entirely. I hate MLG as a concept.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not that the games aren't particularly fun, it's that, after Combat Evolved, the latter two really haven't lived up to their monolithic standards.  Both Halo 2 and 3 are enjoyable enough, but both are riddled with awkward plot devices (and storytelling techniques) and both multiply entities in the multiplayer that are, simply put, beyond necessity.  Because the frantic multiplayer has been so heavily tweaked, the balance of the game is upset rather easily. 

I just don't feel that the games have grown in the same way their contemporaries (Half-Life, Call of Duty) have done, and the new implementations often make the game feel clunky. 

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By calf_exercises

I think if gear box do make the next halp games it would be a nice change of pace. Sure bungies were great but gear box would make it into their own. They would give the game a different feel. I guess we would have to wait for the games release before we knew if it pays of though.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I doubt it gearbox does ports for the most part microsoft wouldn't be stupid enough to have gearbox do an entire game, and piss bungie off in the process.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
calf_exercises said:
"I think if gear box do make the next halp games it would be a nice change of pace. Sure bungies were great but gear box would make it into their own. They would give the game a different feel. I guess we would have to wait for the games release before we knew if it pays of though."
gearbox doesn't really have a style.  They mostly just port stuff. 
DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By DARKIDO07

Ok I need to say something here,

1) Its not going to be called "Halo 4" the Master Chief trilogy (Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3) are done.
2) Its rumored that the next Halo game may play more like a Ghost Recon meets Gears of War type of game which would make sense with Gearbox working on it.
3) They aren't milking Halo. So far there are only three (soon to be four) Halo games, if you want to see milking I suggest you look up Mario and see all the games he has been in.
4) Gearbox helped with the Halo: Combat Evolved PC port so maybe Bungie and Gearbox are working together on project?

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Warfare
DARKIDO07 said:
"Ok I need to say something here,

1) Its not going to be called "Halo 4" the Master Chief trilogy (Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3) are done.
2) Its rumored that the next Halo game may play more like a Ghost Recon meets Gears of War type of game which would make sense with Gearbox working on it.
3) They aren't milking Halo. So far there are only three (soon to be four) Halo games, if you want to see milking I suggest you look up Mario and see all the games he has been in.
4) Gearbox helped with the Halo: Combat Evolved PC port so maybe Bungie and Gearbox are working together on project?"
Good info.
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By suneku

I'm interested to see how well another developer can carry this franchise after it's success.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kazona
DARKIDO07 said:

4) Gearbox helped with the Halo: Combat Evolved PC port so maybe Bungie and Gearbox are working together on project?"
Actually your first point isn't exactly true. The ending of Halo 3 leaves enough room for another game with Master Chief. Who knows what could happen with him floating around in space in a broken down space ship? I wouldn't mind a Halo 4 with Master Chief trying to find his way back to earth somehow.
AnTiPRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AnTiPRO

As a hardcore Halo/Bungie fan I honestly don't want to see the franchise raped by Microsoft...Halo is Bungie and Bungie is Halo....if Bungie isn't involved in the making of another Halo game I honestly wouldn't buy it.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By Karmum
TheJollyRajah said:

It might be a fad if you hated Halo from like...the third game. I have hated it pretty much since the start. The only good game in the series was Halo: CE, but that wasn't that good. Halo 2 and Halo 3 are absolute garbage, in my mind.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pause422
Arkthemaniac said:
"Yeah, we have different opinions entirely. I hate MLG as a concept."
It doesn't help that its complete garbage. Plus a game with aim assist that out the ass, it'll never be on the level of competitiveness of CS or something...Halo 3 really amped up the casualness..and lost the best of what halo was in terms of good gameplay imo.(except the casual thing, not an opinion, everyone knows they did that)
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Blu_Magic

Hopefully this is true. Another Halo game would be awesome.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
pause422 said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"Yeah, we have different opinions entirely. I hate MLG as a concept."
It doesn't help that its complete garbage. Plus a game with aim assist that out the ass, it'll never be on the level of competitiveness of CS or something...Halo 3 really amped up the casualness..and lost the best of what halo was in terms of good gameplay imo.(except the casual thing, not an opinion, everyone knows they did that)"
Are you serious?  Halo 3 has like no auto aim in comparison to 2.  Heck, Halo 3 doesnt have significant auto aim. 

Heck, the only guns that have auto aim are automatic weapons.  Only a tad to the br.  None with  the sniper (at all). 

You haven't even played halo most likely. 

Halo 3 is easily one of the most skill based games out there.

(you better not say TF2 or ill laugh my ass off)

Funny you mention Counter-Strike though, it has a slight auto aim.  In reality actually, Halo 3 doesn't have auto aiming.  (halo 2 did).  It has sticky aiming.  (CSS has a slight auto meaning that although it doesnt sticky, it will shoot a bit skewed depending on what you're shooting at)
carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By carzy

Ya next thing we know it'll be "Halo 4 Hell's Highway" and it will be third person with a cover system.

If that happened i'd kill myself

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pause422

Smug you need to stop your retorts always starting with "you probably haven't even played halo" it gets old, and it makes you sound like a fucking idiot. I post my tag in my mini, look me up.. I just popped the game in yesterday cuz my girlfriend wanted to mess around with it, and I've played plenty of it a while ago. Don't even tell me it doesn't have a rediculous aim-assist just because you want to defend it out the ass. Its embarassing how little a player has to do to aim well in the game, good players are good because of memorizing weapon pickups/timing them and such, not better aiming. Any true hardcore halo player since halo 2/1 in tournaments will tell you halo 3 really made the series more casual with certain changes, even though its kind of the same game.

Back on topic, Geargox isn't just known for 'pc ports' they made a few half life 1 expansions for the PC, did the halo PC port, and did the Brother's in arms series....the fact that they are also doing a halo RTS, even though microsoft is doing the decision making, I'm assuming them and Bungie are on good terms with each other... good enough if they wanted to ask certain things of them I'm sure they would maybe assist them in some ways. Still Bungie has 3 projects, one is said to be halo related..whether the rumors of a Gears/Ghost recon like squad more 'gritty' game by bungie is the one(or maybe thats th eone gearbox is doing) or just another FPS focusing on a different time, or characters...I don't think anyone knows for sure yet...but Gearbox is probably the best other developer to take the series rather than just throw it into some random other devs lap, since they and bungie have worked together before.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Relys

Halo just needs to crawl up in a hole and die.

Halo 3 was a competitive/hard core gamers worst nightmare.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
pause422 said:
"Smug you need to stop your retorts always starting with "you probably haven't even played halo" it gets old, and it makes you sound like a fucking idiot. I post my tag in my mini, look me up.. I just popped the game in yesterday cuz my girlfriend wanted to mess around with it, and I've played plenty of it a while ago. Don't even tell me it doesn't have a rediculous aim-assist just because you want to defend it out the ass. Its embarassing how little a player has to do to aim well in the game, good players are good because of memorizing weapon pickups/timing them and such, not better aiming. Any true hardcore halo player since halo 2/1 in tournaments will tell you halo 3 really made the series more casual with certain changes, even though its kind of the same game.

Back on topic, Geargox isn't just known for 'pc ports' they made a few half life 1 expansions for the PC, did the halo PC port, and did the Brother's in arms series....the fact that they are also doing a halo RTS, even though microsoft is doing the decision making, I'm assuming them and Bungie are on good terms with each other... good enough if they wanted to ask certain things of them I'm sure they would maybe assist them in some ways. Still Bungie has 3 projects, one is said to be halo related..whether the rumors of a Gears/Ghost recon like squad more 'gritty' game by bungie is the one(or maybe thats th eone gearbox is doing) or just another FPS focusing on a different time, or characters...I don't think anyone knows for sure yet...but Gearbox is probably the best other developer to take the series rather than just throw it into some random other devs lap, since they and bungie have worked together before."
Uhh... what casual changes exactly? 
I seriously doubt you understand what you're talking about.

If anything, Halo 2 "noobified" it.   The BR was an end all weapon. 

You seriously don't have a point. 

COD4 was the noobified COD.  Not only does that game have aim assist, but it has straight up auto aiming (just hit L trigger with a row of people without the right stick to see what i mean).

I have about 3000 games in Halo 3.  I dunno in halo 2 (different accounts).  I doubt you have played that as much as me.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By pause422

No sorry, I actually have real life things to do, and when I get free time I'd rather divide my time between different games constantly so things feel fresh, I stopped playing Halo 3 within a month...saying you have a lot of games in it doesn't in no way differ from the fact that you were just trying to claim I "haven't played it at all" and were utterly wrong, once more..like you always are. Halo 3 does indeed have aim assist out the ass, don't even tell me. And Cod4 has aim assist in single player, and lightly in MP...only game that has straight auto aim is GTAIV in this day and age. Obviously it looks like Rely's knows what hes talking about, with it being their worst nightmare. Also, if the BR ruined the game, how do you feel Halo 3 isn't ruined also since  it has it as well? You never make sense, maybe when you learn to you can actually properly form a sentence without adding in little fanboy remarks, and false claims with it that you have no idea if they are true or not to begin with.

ending this, this is  atopic for the asked question in the topic anyway..I already gave my input...so don't take it off course , like you already have managed to.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44  Edited By DARKIDO07
pause422 said:
"No sorry, I actually have real life things to do, and when I get free time I'd rather divide my time between different games constantly so things feel fresh, I stopped playing Halo 3 within a month...saying you have a lot of games in it doesn't in no way differ from the fact that you were just trying to claim I "haven't played it at all" and were utterly wrong, once more..like you always are. Halo 3 does indeed have aim assist out the ass, don't even tell me. And Cod4 has aim assist in single player, and lightly in MP...only game that has straight auto aim is GTAIV in this day and age. Obviously it looks like Rely's knows what hes talking about, with it being their worst nightmare. Also, if the BR ruined the game, how do you feel Halo 3 isn't ruined also since  it has it as well? You never make sense, maybe when you learn to you can actually properly form a sentence without adding in little fanboy remarks, and false claims with it that you have no idea if they are true or not to begin with.

ending this, this is  atopic for the asked question in the topic anyway..I already gave my input...so don't take it off course , like you already have managed to."
Smug is a fanboy but he is right.
1) Halo 3 isn't casual, if you don't know what your doing, your going to get killed online.
2) Halo 3 as some aim assist with SOME weapons but not all, and what assist is there is small.
3) You have to fucking joking about Call of Duty 4, I've played that game for hours and it has by far, more auto-aim/assist and straight up auto aim than any game I have seen sense Halo 2.
4) The Battle Rifle technically didn't ruin the game (Halo 2) its massive amounts of aim-assist and auto-aim did (like Call of Duty 4) So with the Battle Rifle as the starting weapon on small maps and it only took 4 head shots to kill someome it became extremely easy to kill. But becuase Halo 3 took out prety much 95% of its aim assist and auto-aim its far more ballanced.

Really pause422 your benig the idiot here, its a fact that Halo 3 has less aim-assist /auto-aim than Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty 4 has way (and I mean way) more of it than Halo 3 does.
carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By carzy
Relys said:
"Halo just needs to crawl up in a hole and die.

Halo 3 was a competitive/hard core gamers worst nightmare."
hahaha obviously you sucked ass at it

don't hate
carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By carzy
Kazona said:
"DARKIDO07 said:

Actually your first point isn't exactly true. The ending of Halo 3 leaves enough room for another game with Master Chief. Who knows what could happen with him floating around in space in a broken down space ship? I wouldn't mind a Halo 4 with Master Chief trying to find his way back to earth somehow."
BTW the rumor that the next halo game is going to be "Ghost Recon meets Gears of War type of game" is totally bs considering Bungie is the team rumored to be making that type of game.