Sensitivity Settings Are Just Not Enough!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

So I got Killzone 2 on the cheap...

Yeah - deadzones were fixed, but what about the acceleration? FPS developers have to give us more indepth customization options for analogstick settings. They MUST!

I heard all the shit going down about the deadzones and this issue got fixed. I'm quite okay with the responsiveness now. The acceleration on the other hand? WTF!  It's way too pronounced. Even on the highest sensitivty setting, acceleration kicks in like 0.5sec after fully tilting the analogstick. Too late. One cannot naturally swipe a room with such sluggish turning. Way off base for my sensibilities.  I am confident enough in my ability to set sensitivity (X and Y axis) and deadzones as well as acceleration factor and delay to perfectly match my needs. FPS developers shall provide a couple of functional presets, as well as allow us to finetune the settings to our liking.

I didn't get KZ2 at launch because I've heard about the control issues. I will not get Bulletstorm at full price (despite having had the intention to do so prior to the demo), because it's gotten too pronounced acceleration delay. I really like the game otherwise, but when a FPS doesn't control just right, it will drive me insane. Why the fuck do developers insist on setting the analogstick deadzones and acceleration themselves? Everybody who doesn't share their sensibilities in this matter will be pissed off and might end up not buying it. Even if I'm getting a game and I hate the controls, it will cause me badmouthing it.

On a sidenote. Developers still putting ADS (aim down sights) on a analogstick button Halo-style, should reconsider making games immediately. What a fucking abortion.
jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jmfinamore
@Seppli said:
"

So I got Killzone 2 on the cheap...

On a sidenote. Developers still putting ADS (aim down sights) on a analogstick button Halo-style, should reconsider making games immediately. What a fucking abortion. "
This is so goddamn true. I've never been able to play Halo well because I tend to be "heavy fingered" and click in the sticks all the time when I aim (no idea if you can get rid of it, I've just played on friend's games). Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By zidd

Killzone 3's controls are much better in that respect. The customizability of the DS3 and Move controls are great.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@ThreeMegabytes said:
" Sensitivity settings can give people an unfair advantage (faster turning). "
If everyone can change the settings, so it is perfectly fair. On my favourite game I have high sensitivity set, and every now and then I turn it up a bit (and I never reduce it). 

PC gamers can buy a special kit that lets them play with PC controls on the Xbox 360, and combined with these settings, they do have an unfair advantage, although they are poorer and get a really bad posture from playing in that style.
PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PillClinton

now that i think about it, acceleration was really fucked up in that game.  yet, so was the cover system, and the final boss, and the AI, and pretty much everything except the graphics...

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DoctorTran

So I've been playing KZ2 a bit lately. When I put on the KZ3 beta I actually dropped the sensitivity.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By august
@ThreeMegabytes said:
" Sensitivity settings can give people an unfair advantage (faster turning). "
Pfft.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrKlorox

I would like to be able to set a custom acceleration curve when I use thumbsticks. The Darkness did it best so far with 4 bars: X/Y sensitivities and X/Y acceleration. But that was YEARS ago. I figured some other devs would pick it up in the mean time but I haven't seen it since.

And don't get me started on the lack of options to choose between toggle and hold for ADS or crouch on PC games. I was amazed DICE added it to BC2 along with the colorblind HUD.