Super Smash Bros 4 Part 5: Starfox

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ
Most of you know by now that I am the ultimate list whore. As such, I feel that I almost have a duty to create a character roster for the next Super Smash Bros, despite the fact that it may be 6 years down the road. Why am i adding this as a forum post as well as a blog? Because if there is a franchise or character that should obviously be added, I want to make sure that I dont miss them, so all of you need to let me know if some character is being forgotten. Every day, I will add a blog post including the characters from an entire franchise, complete with pictures, and perhaps a synopsis. Please respect that this is my list, and If there is a character I deem not worthy, then i will simply not add them. 

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Fox
Fox

Synopsis: Fox appearerd as a showcase of the Super-FX chip back on the Super Nintendo, but his real claim to fame is from his Nintendo 64 entry, Starfox 64. His father is missing, presumed dead, and he often runs into his dads old rival Wolf. Fox has stopped the evil scientist Andross in every one of his outtings. He doesn't work well outside of his cockpit.

Notable Appearances: Starfox, Starfox 64, Starfox Adventures, Starfox Assault, Starfox Command

SSB4 Likelyhood: 10/10

Differences: Perhaps Fox would use a staff in his alternate costume

Adventures Fox
Adventures Fox

Falco
Falco

Synopsis: Falco is Fox's eternal wingman. While he can be snippy and sort of a jackass, he's extremely loyal and dependable. He's likely gunning for a little bit of individuallity in the next entry in Brawl.

Notable Appearances: Starfox, Starfox 64, Starfox Assault, Starfox Command

SSB4 Likelyhood: 9/10

Differences: It's about time that Falco gained his own moveset. I can't imagine he would want to copy Fox.

Wolf
Wolf

Synopsis: Wolf has been in the dog(wolf?)fighting buisness since James McCloud's days with the star fleet. He has since taken to being Fox's antithisis at every turn. However, there have been signs that Wolf is not as cold-hearted as he seems. He has worked for Andross in the past. He won't let anyone do anything.

Notable Appearances: Starfox 64, Starfox Assault, Starfox Command

SSB4 Likelyhood: 8/10

Differences: Wolf also needs his own moveset, even more so than Falco. Especially a different Final Smash.

Krystal
Krystal

Synopsis: Krystal emerged from the forests of Dinosaur Planet to become a love interest of Fox. She has shown a high competancy level piloting arwings and landmasters despite living in a world without technology for most of her life. 

Notable Appearances: Starfox Adventures, Starfox Assault, Starfox Command

SSB4 Likelyhood: 5/10 *Super Smash Brothers needs another female character. So far there are only 3.

Differences: one would NOT be a Fox clone. The other would possibly be like the alternate Fox-with-a-staff setup.

Krystal Fox
Krystal Fox

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ
Most of you know by now that I am the ultimate list whore. As such, I feel that I almost have a duty to create a character roster for the next Super Smash Bros, despite the fact that it may be 6 years down the road. Why am i adding this as a forum post as well as a blog? Because if there is a franchise or character that should obviously be added, I want to make sure that I dont miss them, so all of you need to let me know if some character is being forgotten. Every day, I will add a blog post including the characters from an entire franchise, complete with pictures, and perhaps a synopsis. Please respect that this is my list, and If there is a character I deem not worthy, then i will simply not add them. 

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Fox
Fox

Synopsis: Fox appearerd as a showcase of the Super-FX chip back on the Super Nintendo, but his real claim to fame is from his Nintendo 64 entry, Starfox 64. His father is missing, presumed dead, and he often runs into his dads old rival Wolf. Fox has stopped the evil scientist Andross in every one of his outtings. He doesn't work well outside of his cockpit.

Notable Appearances: Starfox, Starfox 64, Starfox Adventures, Starfox Assault, Starfox Command

SSB4 Likelyhood: 10/10

Differences: Perhaps Fox would use a staff in his alternate costume

Adventures Fox
Adventures Fox

Falco
Falco

Synopsis: Falco is Fox's eternal wingman. While he can be snippy and sort of a jackass, he's extremely loyal and dependable. He's likely gunning for a little bit of individuallity in the next entry in Brawl.

Notable Appearances: Starfox, Starfox 64, Starfox Assault, Starfox Command

SSB4 Likelyhood: 9/10

Differences: It's about time that Falco gained his own moveset. I can't imagine he would want to copy Fox.

Wolf
Wolf

Synopsis: Wolf has been in the dog(wolf?)fighting buisness since James McCloud's days with the star fleet. He has since taken to being Fox's antithisis at every turn. However, there have been signs that Wolf is not as cold-hearted as he seems. He has worked for Andross in the past. He won't let anyone do anything.

Notable Appearances: Starfox 64, Starfox Assault, Starfox Command

SSB4 Likelyhood: 8/10

Differences: Wolf also needs his own moveset, even more so than Falco. Especially a different Final Smash.

Krystal
Krystal

Synopsis: Krystal emerged from the forests of Dinosaur Planet to become a love interest of Fox. She has shown a high competancy level piloting arwings and landmasters despite living in a world without technology for most of her life. 

Notable Appearances: Starfox Adventures, Starfox Assault, Starfox Command

SSB4 Likelyhood: 5/10 *Super Smash Brothers needs another female character. So far there are only 3.

Differences: one would NOT be a Fox clone. The other would possibly be like the alternate Fox-with-a-staff setup.

Krystal Fox
Krystal Fox

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AgentJ

So which Nintendo series would people like to see me do next? Donkey Kong? F-Zero? Kirby?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Tireyo

You do really good with your lists.  F-Zero might not be a bad choice!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ

All right, I'll do F-Zero tomorrow. 

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA

Krystal definitely needs to be in the next Super Smash Bros.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
StarFoxA said:
"Krystal definitely needs to be in the next Super Smash Bros."
Definately, but if you have to choose, would you take the flying Krystal or the Staff-weilding, loincloth-touting Krystal?
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By StarFoxA
AgentJ said:
"StarFoxA said:
Definately, but if you have to choose, would you take the flying Krystal or the Staff-weilding, loincloth-touting Krystal?
"
She'd be a better "Smash Bros. fit" if she had her staff, so I guess her Adventures costume.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ
StarFoxA said:
"AgentJ said:
"StarFoxA said:
"
She'd be a better "Smash Bros. fit" if she had her staff, so I guess her Adventures costume."
Sounds good to me!
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Just as a suggestion, I think it'd be cool if you offered how exactly the new included characters might play in the game. Also, I really wouldn't want to see Wolf return. He seemed like such a lazy addition to me, and I think they should have totally went with Krystal instead.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Tireyo
TheGreatGuero said:
"Just as a suggestion, I think it'd be cool if you offered how exactly the new included characters might play in the game. Also, I really wouldn't want to see Wolf return. He seemed like such a lazy addition to me, and I think they should have totally went with Krystal instead."
If they included her, wouldn't they need include Slippy?
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
TheGreatGuero said:
"Just as a suggestion, I think it'd be cool if you offered how exactly the new included characters might play in the game. Also, I really wouldn't want to see Wolf return. He seemed like such a lazy addition to me, and I think they should have totally went with Krystal instead."
Well, I actually left those parts purposely open for two reasons. 
1. I was hoping that people would kind of talk about how they'd like each character to control. I wanted more conversation.
2. I'll probably do a blog at the end after i've gone through all the characters about attacks and controls and stuff. It's a big project.

Tireyo643 said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
If they included her, wouldn't they need include Slippy?"
I dont think anyone wants to play as Slippy. There is a lot of demand for Krystal though, because she is popular(among certain individuals *ahem*) and because she would be the fourth female character, which means 4-woman CATFIGHTS! 
I included Slippy as a possible Assist Trophy though, so weirdos like you(JK, dont take it personally) can get their fill of frog.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Slippy doesn't really seem like he'd be much of a brawler, but just imagining him as one seems like a pretty amusing idea. He's all short and stubby and runs funny, and is weak. Probably pretty good with a blaster and gadgets. He could have a smash attack where he annoys everyone to suicide. Heck, at least he'd be more original than Falco or Wolf.

Krystal's a solid choice because well... we don't really know much about her, yet she's recognizable enough to fit in, and open enough for them to be creative with her. That staff also looks like it could fit in nicely with a couple of her moves, and perhaps Nintendo could flesh out her character a little more.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentJ
TheGreatGuero said:
"Slippy doesn't really seem like he'd be much of a brawler, but just imagining him as one seems like a pretty amusing idea. He's all short and stubby and runs funny, and is weak. Probably pretty good with a blaster and gadgets. He could have a smash attack where he annoys everyone to suicide. Heck, at least he'd be more original than Falco or Wolf. Krystal's a solid choice because well... we don't really know much about her, yet she's recognizable enough to fit in, and open enough for them to be creative with her. That staff also looks like it could fit in nicely with a couple of her moves, and perhaps Nintendo could flesh out her character a little more. "
All good points. I can only hope nintendo sees it the same way.