AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ
For parts 1-26 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Castlevania
Simon
Simon
Synopsis: Simon is the original vampire-killer. Though he wasn't the first in the bloodline to battle Dracula, he was the first that players used to beat down evil.
Notable Appearances: Castlevania, Castlevania 2: Simons Quest, Castlevania IV, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
SSB4 LIkelyhood: 5/10

Alucard
Alucard
Synopsis: Most certainly one of the most popular characters in the Castlevania universe is Draculas own son, Alucard. One of the few non-human vampire slayers in the series, is the product of Dracula and a human woman.
Notable Appearances: Castlevania III: Draculas Curse, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Castlevania Legends
SSB4 LIkelyhood: 2/10

Soma
Soma
Synopsis: How did Soma not make it into Castlevania Judgement? He has starred in two of the most popular and recent games in the series, and only one character from the handheld Castlevania series even made it into the game. Soma, who houses the spirit of Dracula himself, is most definately worthy of a roster slot in Nintendos game. 
Notable Appearances: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
SSB4 LIkelyhood: 4/10

Shanoa
Shanoa
Synopsis: After losing her memory, Shanoa was told that it was her duty to stop her childhood friend Albus, who had gone rogue. It was only later that she found out that her own mentor was the rogue, before stopping his plans to bring back the dark lord. She has yet to recover her memory. 
Notable Appearances: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Castlevania Judgement
SSB4 LIkelyhood: 1/10
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ
For parts 1-26 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Castlevania
Simon
Simon
Synopsis: Simon is the original vampire-killer. Though he wasn't the first in the bloodline to battle Dracula, he was the first that players used to beat down evil.
Notable Appearances: Castlevania, Castlevania 2: Simons Quest, Castlevania IV, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
SSB4 LIkelyhood: 5/10

Alucard
Alucard
Synopsis: Most certainly one of the most popular characters in the Castlevania universe is Draculas own son, Alucard. One of the few non-human vampire slayers in the series, is the product of Dracula and a human woman.
Notable Appearances: Castlevania III: Draculas Curse, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Castlevania Legends
SSB4 LIkelyhood: 2/10

Soma
Soma
Synopsis: How did Soma not make it into Castlevania Judgement? He has starred in two of the most popular and recent games in the series, and only one character from the handheld Castlevania series even made it into the game. Soma, who houses the spirit of Dracula himself, is most definately worthy of a roster slot in Nintendos game. 
Notable Appearances: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
SSB4 LIkelyhood: 4/10

Shanoa
Shanoa
Synopsis: After losing her memory, Shanoa was told that it was her duty to stop her childhood friend Albus, who had gone rogue. It was only later that she found out that her own mentor was the rogue, before stopping his plans to bring back the dark lord. She has yet to recover her memory. 
Notable Appearances: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Castlevania Judgement
SSB4 LIkelyhood: 1/10
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

To be honest, I've only played one Castlevania game. I think it was Castlevania IV on SNES, and after like 15 minutes, I lost interest. It's one series I need to definitely give a second look, since it's one of the highest regarded and rated game series around.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

YES. I'd kill for a Belmont in a Castlevania game. Replace Shanoa with Richter and you'd have a pretty killer list there.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ
BoG said:
"YES. I'd kill for a Belmont in a Castlevania game. Replace Shanoa with Richter and you'd have a pretty killer list there."
I dont know... The only game he was playable in was Dracula X, and that'd be two Belmonts. Plus, i liked OoE a lot (obviously you didnt as much)
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoG
AgentJ said:
"BoG said:
"YES. I'd kill for a Belmont in a Castlevania game. Replace Shanoa with Richter and you'd have a pretty killer list there."
I dont know... The only game he was playable in was Dracula X, and that'd be two Belmonts. Plus, i liked OoE a lot (obviously you didnt as much)"
I wasn't a huge fan of OoE, it was good, but it's got to be one of my less favorite 'vania titles. Note, I'm a pretty big fan of the series. And though he was only playable in one game, he was pretty important in others, appearing in SotN and PoR. Also, there is nothing wrong with two Belmonts, as they are the Belmonts. 
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Godwind

You made this topic so I would post in it.  You know I would.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgentJ
Godwind said:
"You made this topic so I would post in it.  You know I would."
No, I made this topic so that you'd post something meaningful! :)
Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Unbelonger

I Agree with Bog. Anyway, Richter deserves to be in the list more than Soma(meh). He is the quintessential Belmont after all.

zzzzzz

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgentJ

Richter is more quintessential than Simon? I find that hard to believe. Besides, Soma is a recent popular character in the series

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By PureRok

Alucard would be a great addition if he replaced one of the... whatever characters. Whatever game Marth is from.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
PureRok said:
"Alucard would be a great addition if he replaced one of the... whatever characters. Whatever game Marth is from."
Why would he have to replace a character from Fire Emblem? I dont have a total character number cap.