Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ
Flame Shield UP!
For parts 1-35 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality
Halo
Chief
Chief
Synopsis: As the last remaining Spartan, it becomes Master Chiefs duty to protect the human race and become their trump card against the invading Covenant forces. Chief, also known as John 117, is never seen without his Mjolnir armor, which allows him to take as much damage as he dishes out(not to mention re-entering the earths atmosphere).
Notable Appearances: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3
SSb4 Likelyhood: .5/10

Creature:
Grunt
Grunt

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ
Flame Shield UP!
For parts 1-35 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality
Halo
Chief
Chief
Synopsis: As the last remaining Spartan, it becomes Master Chiefs duty to protect the human race and become their trump card against the invading Covenant forces. Chief, also known as John 117, is never seen without his Mjolnir armor, which allows him to take as much damage as he dishes out(not to mention re-entering the earths atmosphere).
Notable Appearances: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3
SSb4 Likelyhood: .5/10

Creature:
Grunt
Grunt

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AgentJ

I am well aware that this entry will be met with a lot of venom. My justification is that Halo essentially created what the First Person Shooter is today, and as such deserves a roster spot, regardless of the fact that he never has, and likely never will appear on a Nintendo console

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By crunchUK
Item - grunt.

That would be seriously amazing
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ
crunchUK said:
"Item - grunt.That would be seriously amazing"
I know, when I thought of it i immediately thought of a bunch of Grunts and Rabbids running around the arena
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Endogene

I think that master chief would make an ok addition. I guess he would be a long range character,use different grenades that are "cookable" from the universe universe and perhaps even pull out an energy sword as part of a final smash.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
Endogene said:
"I think that master chief would make an ok addition. I guess he would be a long range character,use different grenades that are "cookable" from the universe universe and perhaps even pull out an energy sword as part of a final smash. "
I was personally thinking Warthog for the final smash, though its not like i really had thought it through that much
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK
AgentJ said:
"Endogene said:
"I think that master chief would make an ok addition. I guess he would be a long range character,use different grenades that are "cookable" from the universe universe and perhaps even pull out an energy sword as part of a final smash. "
I was personally thinking Warthog for the final smash, though its not like i really had thought it through that much
"
Nah you've gotta have an exploding Pillar of autumn for a final smash...
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I don't know, dude. Chief's all about guns and everything. Stuff like the assault rifle just doesn't seem appropriate to me. However, I suppose it could be alright if they focused on certain weapons only, such as the energy sword and plasma grenades. Eh... I don't know, I'm just not feeling it. He doesn't seem like much of a fit. The Chief is less of a brawler and more of a weapons expert. After a little thought, I'm totally going to have to rule this one out.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgentJ
TheGreatGuero said:
"I don't know, dude. Chief's all about guns and everything. Stuff like the assault rifle just doesn't seem appropriate to me. However, I suppose it could be alright if they focused on certain weapons only, such as the energy sword and plasma grenades. Eh... I don't know, I'm just not feeling it. He doesn't seem like much of a fit. The Chief is less of a brawler and more of a weapons expert. After a little thought, I'm totally going to have to rule this one out. "
If you say so, but I say if they can shoehorn Snake in, there shouldnt be any problem with Chief. Keep in mind that I'm not a Halo fan in any shape or form (though the Halo Wars demo was fun), but i still feel he deserves a roster spot.
mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mthe1337one

well the reason they could "shoehorn" Snake in is because a Metal gear game actually WAS able to make it to a nintendo console...specifically GameBoy Color (and probably other consoles too)

as it stands, Microsoft wants to keep the Chief on the XBOX team

Demo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Demo

The final boss should be THE POWER GLOVE!

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Godwind

Quit making these things man.  It feels like torture.  Is this suppose to be an endurance run or something?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentJ
Godwind said:
"Quit making these things man.  It feels like torture.  Is this suppose to be an endurance run or something?"
No one is forcing you to read them, and I have quite a few more franchises i'd like to get to. This is just something I'm doing for fun
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hitchenson
Godwind said:
"Quit making these things man.  It feels like torture.  Is this suppose to be an endurance run or something?"
Eh, I like them. And, were you held at gun-point to click on this? No? ...thought not.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By BoG

No. Never. No. You lost me here, J. You lost me here.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgentJ
BoG said:
"No. Never. No. You lost me here, J. You lost me here.

"
Stick around Bog. There will only be one other "controvercial" choice.,
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By TheGreatGuero
Demo said:
"The final boss should be THE POWER GLOVE!"
Dude, you know... you might just be brilliant. I've actually hated Master Hand as a boss in the Smash Bros games. I've always thought he was a totally lousy opponent and wasn't ever fun to fight. However, if he wore the Power Glove, that could change EVERYTHING! IT'S SO BAD!
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By End_Boss

I think if anything the item that comes with the Chief's addition to the game would have to be the Energy Sword. I mean, they already have the light saber doohickey, so it wouldn't be a far stretch to the Energy Sword.

Oh, and to all of the people having hissy fits over AgentJ's choice: this is a hypothetical discussion. A "what if" scenario. Stop getting your panties in such a twist.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Godwind
Hitchenson said:
"Godwind said:
Eh, I like them. And, were you held at gun-point to click on this? No? ...thought not.
"
How do you know?  I am forced to meet assholes everyday.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Pie

Master chief is a excellent brawler in the books. (yeah i read the halo books...)