AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ
For parts 1-36 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality
Okami
Amaterasu
Amaterasu
Synopsis: Amaterasu is the powerful Japanese sun god whom posessed a shrine statue of the hero Shiranui in order to save the people from the evil presence of Orochi. Her power stems from her ability to wield the celestial brush, which allows her to alter reality by using calligraphy on the world.
Notable Appearances: Okami
SSB4 Likelyhood: 1/10
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ
For parts 1-36 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality
Okami
Amaterasu
Amaterasu
Synopsis: Amaterasu is the powerful Japanese sun god whom posessed a shrine statue of the hero Shiranui in order to save the people from the evil presence of Orochi. Her power stems from her ability to wield the celestial brush, which allows her to alter reality by using calligraphy on the world.
Notable Appearances: Okami
SSB4 Likelyhood: 1/10
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Like several characters, how would she work in-game?

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I want some of the Street Fighter characters

Amaterasu is awesome, but I`m not sure how she would work in game. Still a great character though.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ
Video_Game_King said:
"Like several characters, how would she work in-game?"
addictedtopinescent said:
"I want some of the Street Fighter characters
Amaterasu is awesome, but I`m not sure how she would work in game. Still a great character though.
"
Her standard (A button) attacks would be lunges and jabs, and her special (B button) attacks would have her use her celestial brush for special attacks, at least how I see it.
Oh, and Street Fighter might be tomorrow. The whole week will likely be heavy with fighters.
sidescroller said:
"Amaterasu has a higher chance than 1/10 I think.Especially if we're talking assist trophies as well."
A character from an unsuccessful game that isn't exclusive to a nintendo platform? I was hesitant to even give her a 1/10
applesaucemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By applesaucemen

come on, she can work well, it isnt very complicated, it would be awesome.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
applesaucemen said:
"come on, she can work well, it isnt very complicated, it would be awesome."
I agree, and welcome
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew
AgentJ said:
"A character from an unsuccessful game that isn't exclusive to a nintendo platform? I was hesitant to even give her a 1/10"
And some of the other characters you've featured don't also fit those same criteria?

Also, where's Issun? :(
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ
LordAndrew said:
"AgentJ said:
"A character from an unsuccessful game that isn't exclusive to a nintendo platform? I was hesitant to even give her a 1/10"
And some of the other characters you've featured don't also fit those same criteria?Also, where's Issun? :("
I dont know, you tell me. Are there any characters i've added that aren't either successful or exclusive to nintendos platforms?
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgentJ
sidescroller said:
"AgentJ said:
"LordAndrew said:
"AgentJ said:
And some of the other characters you've featured don't also fit those same criteria?Also, where's Issun? :("
I dont know, you tell me. Are there any characters i've added that aren't either successful or exclusive to nintendos platforms?
"
Yeah, you gave Bill from Contra a 2/10 and Amaterasu a 1/10I can actually see Amaterasu being in, as long as Capcom actually lends their third party titles to nintendo and such.  I believe Okami fared better on the Wii than on the PS2."
Are you trying to say that Contra isn't successful? I'm pretty sure a few of those were million-sellers, and even then i only gave Bill a 2/10. Those aren't good odds. Okami did fare better on the Wii, but she has only been in one game and it has only sold about 280,000 copies according to Wikipedia. Nintendo would be unlikely to benefit from adding her, which is why I gave her a 1/10.
That said, it is just my opinion. I'm not likely to change the number I gave her, but if you disagree, that's fine with me.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64

I wish you could play as Amaterasu in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By sfighter21

I think she is a cool idea.  I always wanted X in smash...There are those who would say he would work to similar to Samus...

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I remember IGN wanted Amaterasu in Brawl. Man, is it just me or is that name a total mouthful? Ha. I never actually beat the game since I only rented it. I don't know how well she'd work in the game. Actually dude, yeah, I can't see it working at all. If anything, she could have a cameo as an assist trophy. I think that would be sufficient.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Endogene

Spoilers regarding Okami and tatsunko vs capcom below:

I'm surprised you did not include Yami in this list since he was the boss in Tatsunoku VS capcom and was extremely simular to Master Hand, will pretty much identical in his final form. 

My normal PC is at the repair shop so unfortunatly i can't hotlink stuff on the site using Opera.

• http://www.giantbomb.com/yami/94-8876/
  • http://www.giantbomb.com/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-cross-generation-of-heroes/61-20728/