Super Smash Brothers 4 Part 4: Metroid

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ

Most of you know by now that I am the ultimate list whore. As such, I feel that I almost have a duty to create a character roster for the next Super Smash Bros, despite the fact that it may be 6 years down the road. Why am i adding this as a forum post as well as a blog? Because if there is a franchise or character that should obviously be added, I want to make sure that I dont miss them, so all of you need to let me know if some character is being forgotten. Every day, I will add a blog post including the characters from an entire franchise, complete with pictures, and perhaps a synopsis. Please respect that this is my list, and If there is a character I deem not worthy, then i will simply not add them. 

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Samus
Samus
Synopsis: Samus is often regarded as one of the most bad-ass first ladies of gaming. While she doesnt have as many appearances as her Nintendo counterparts Link and Mario, she is just as well regarded, thanks to the unvarying quality of the games she has starred in. She is also well known for one of the best jumps into 3-D the world has seen.

Notable Appearances:Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid: Other M

SSB4 Likelyhood: 10/10

Differences: While each suit variation would have seperate stats, zero suit samus would have a completely different move set. 

Zero Suit Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Phazon Suit Samus
Phazon Suit Samus
Light Suit Samus
Light Suit Samus
Fusion Samus
Fusion Samus
Dark Samus
Dark Samus

Ridley
Ridley

Synopsis: While Ridley has never been the final boss in a Metroid game, he is likely the biggest thorn in Samus' side. He controls a leigon of Space Pirates, and never seems to be down for the count.

Notable Appearances: Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime
SSB4 Likelyhood: 7/10

Creature:

Metroid
Metroid
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ

Most of you know by now that I am the ultimate list whore. As such, I feel that I almost have a duty to create a character roster for the next Super Smash Bros, despite the fact that it may be 6 years down the road. Why am i adding this as a forum post as well as a blog? Because if there is a franchise or character that should obviously be added, I want to make sure that I dont miss them, so all of you need to let me know if some character is being forgotten. Every day, I will add a blog post including the characters from an entire franchise, complete with pictures, and perhaps a synopsis. Please respect that this is my list, and If there is a character I deem not worthy, then i will simply not add them. 

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Samus
Samus
Synopsis: Samus is often regarded as one of the most bad-ass first ladies of gaming. While she doesnt have as many appearances as her Nintendo counterparts Link and Mario, she is just as well regarded, thanks to the unvarying quality of the games she has starred in. She is also well known for one of the best jumps into 3-D the world has seen.

Notable Appearances:Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid: Other M

SSB4 Likelyhood: 10/10

Differences: While each suit variation would have seperate stats, zero suit samus would have a completely different move set. 

Zero Suit Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Phazon Suit Samus
Phazon Suit Samus
Light Suit Samus
Light Suit Samus
Fusion Samus
Fusion Samus
Dark Samus
Dark Samus

Ridley
Ridley

Synopsis: While Ridley has never been the final boss in a Metroid game, he is likely the biggest thorn in Samus' side. He controls a leigon of Space Pirates, and never seems to be down for the count.

Notable Appearances: Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime
SSB4 Likelyhood: 7/10

Creature:

Metroid
Metroid
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AgentJ

This makes me sad... all of this work and not a single comment... NOT EVEN A COOKIE!

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Tylea002

You can have a cookie. Also, writing a blog on the internet and spending time on it and expecting others to comment on that is suicide. I put work into my blogs (when I write them, that is XD) and reviews, but I just accept that its not likely that people will read them much. ESPECIALLY now that the "friends' blogs" bar has moved to the most awkward place.

Also: Ridley will be in. He has to.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ
Tylea002 said:
"You can have a cookie. Also, writing a blog on the internet and spending time on it and expecting others to comment on that is suicide. I put work into my blogs (when I write them, that is XD) and reviews, but I just accept that its not likely that people will read them much. ESPECIALLY now that the "friends' blogs" bar has moved to the most awkward place.Also: Ridley will be in. He has to."
1) yeah, i suppose that's true. I just thought it was an interesting thing, and this is the fourth one, and only the first one generated any real interest.
2) You're right. Ridley should be in. Some say he's too big to be a playable character, but to that I look at Bowsers size in the core mario games, then look at him in Brawl. If Bowser can be in, Ridley can be in.
TheWadeBrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TheWadeBrigade

Forget Ridley, Smash Bros needs more fingernail throwing characters like Kraid!

No seriously though Ridley is a much better choice.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
TheWadeBrigade said:
"Forget Ridley, Smash Bros needs more fingernail throwing characters like Kraid!No seriously though Ridley is a much better choice."
Kraid would be pretty crazy. maybe he'd work as a storyline boss fight or as an assist trophy.
RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By RedSox8933

I don't think I want to see Ridley in a Smash Bros. game. I just don't think that he fits with the vibe.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ
RedSox8933 said:
"I don't think I want to see Ridley in a Smash Bros. game. I just don't think that he fits with the vibe."
Does Snake fit with the vibe?
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By teptom

It would be cool to see some of her fellow bounty hunters in the game.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
Shini4444 said:
"It would be cool to see some of her fellow bounty hunters in the game."
I thought about it, but none of them have appeared in more than one game, and they were all pretty minor. Maybe if there was a character slot for each of the hunters from MP:Hunters, plus one or two from 3, but that  would be hard and overcomplicated. 
CursaKuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By CursaKuma

Samus is so hot in the fusion suit.. oh jee... *looks around again*   ..*fap fap fap*

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

7/10? Seriously? I'd have Ridley at around 3/10. I Just don't see it happening personally.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By Tireyo

Samus is HOT!! Lara Croft is too!!
What kind of cookies you like? :P Here's something for you to wash them down with!

No Caption Provided
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgentJ

I like Samus cookies.

MattyFTM said:
"7/10? Seriously? I'd have Ridley at around 3/10. I Just don't see it happening personally."
Why's That?
Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Carlos1408

Yo dude Ridley needs to be in the next one, there's just not enough metroid characters in Smash Bros.

gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gam3r3OOO

Space Pirate would be fun to play as (even if not a main character)

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By takashichea

What about the other bounty hunters in metroid prime hunters? They could be assist trophies in the next game since they have no major role.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By meteora

Oh dear god this thing is almost 2 years old.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Meteora said:
" Oh dear god this thing is almost 2 years old. "
This is exactly why I hate it when people bump old blogs of mine: because whenever something this old is bumped, the first post-bump post is "Wait, did you just bump a thread THIS old?"
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgentJ

Wow, it's really amazing how things like this pop back up every once in a while. Guess nothing disappears on the internet.  
@takashichea said:

" What about the other bounty hunters in metroid prime hunters? They could be assist trophies in the next game since they have no major role. "
If they were to appear in another game or two, I'd say yes. As of now though, they're limited to a single appearance in, while still a good game, was one of the worst of the Metroid franchise. 
takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By takashichea
@AgentJ: 
I agree. Happy New Year, man.