The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v2.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By X19
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I can't remember the name of that survival horror game set on a ship or something.

That's all the info I got.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax
@FancySoapsMan said:
" I can't remember the name of that survival horror game set on a ship or something.  That's all the info I got. "
Cold Fear
JamesValdes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By JamesValdes
@FancySoapsMan:  Cold Fear Aleksi Briclot did the artwork for this game.
No Caption Provided
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@JamesValdes:
@natetodamax: Thank you very much. :)
lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By lavaman77

I can't remember the name of the game but i remember it being on Sega Genesis. it's a two player game where two huge guys one wearing a blue shirt while the other has a red short with lots of muscles run around kicking guys and dogs and having their exposed thighs munched on by dogs. they restore health by smashing soda machines and drinking the cans that drop from them. it was easily the best Co-Op game on it and i can't remember it's name what so ever.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By nintendoeats

@lavaman77: Two Crude Dudes

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lavaman77
@nintendoeats said:
"  @lavaman77: Two Crude Dudes "
YES! that's it! thanks bro! i've been trying to remember it's name for a long time.
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

A few days ago I was trying to remember the name of this old PC edutainment game I played when I was young. This would have been released in the early 90's. I think the setup was that you were an inventor collecting parts to a car and the game ends in a race against the rival inventor. You collect the parts by working your way through through these Elevator Action style areas where you eventually get to puzzles where you're doing things like wiring up a circuit to turn on a light bulb or moving around weights to even out a balance.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I just figured it out. It was a game called Gizmos and Gadgets.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nintendoeats
@lavaman77 said:

" @nintendoeats said:

"  @lavaman77: Two Crude Dudes "
YES! that's it! thanks bro! i've been trying to remember it's name for a long time. "
I have to admit, I actually just googled "soda machines health beat em up ."

I can, however, tell you that GB has a quicklook where they play through the entire game, though I don't remember what game it was in.
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nintendoeats
@Chaser324 said:
" A few days ago I was trying to remember the name of this old PC edutainment game I played when I was young. This would have been released in the early 90's. I think the setup was that you were an inventor collecting parts to a car and the game ends in a race against the rival inventor. You collect the parts by working your way through through these Elevator Action style areas where you eventually get to puzzles where you're doing things like wiring up a circuit to turn on a light bulb or moving around weights to even out a balance.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I just figured it out. It was a game called Gizmos and Gadgets. "
shit! I loved that series when I was a kid. I swear, those and Reader-Rabbit are responsible for gameing-nerd that stands...ok well sits...about 2000 Km away from you...
wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By wrathofconn
@Chaser324: Would certainly have answered that for you if you hadn't figured it out. Amazing game.
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Driadon

Prepare for a very out there one: There was a freeware game I had years ago that was...kind of a space sim and kind of a simulation of the Milky Way as we know it.   

You were and alien that was tasked with exploring the stars as you saw fit, you could land on any solid planet and walk around freely on it. You were limited only by a fuel that could either be replenished by mining off of white dwarfs or waiting in real time (even if the program was closed).  

The graphics were primitive (I can't remember if it even had proper colour) though the game was rather recent (2004 or 2005 ish? At least that was around the time I had first found it). It was offered both as an offline or an online client. 

Edit: Never mind, I got lucky using Wikipedia. The game was Noctis

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nintendoeats
@Driadon: was it written for DOS? I remember trying something kind of like that which was inexplicably written for DOS (I don't remember the year, but it was fairly recent).
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Death_Unicorn

There was this arcade game me and my friend would play the shit out of each time we'd go to the theaters. It was an on-rails shooter, and you were underwater. The booth had like these giant underwater guns you used in the game. You'd fight sharks, krakens, and other sea creatures.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nintendoeats
@Driadon: Also, this game was called Nocits if that helps.

EDIT: hmm looking at the wiki page for Noctis doesn't mention the DOS thing, but it sounds EXACTLY like what you are describing.

EDIT 2: Oh, you found it. don't I feel silly :)
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nintendoeats
@Death_Unicorn: 
http://www.giantbomb.com/the-ocean-hunter/61-30642/
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Driadon
@nintendoeats said:
" @Driadon: Also, this game was called Nocits if that helps.  EDIT: hmm looking at the wiki page for Noctis doesn't mention the DOS thing, but it sounds EXACTLY like what you are describing.  EDIT 2: Oh, you found it. don't I feel silly :) "
Hahaha. Thanks for the help, regardless. Apparently was coded and released as a DOS program back in '96 and has simply grown since then. It's very likely you played an earlier version of it.
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nintendoeats
@Driadon said:
" @nintendoeats said:
" @Driadon: Also, this game was called Nocits if that helps.  EDIT: hmm looking at the wiki page for Noctis doesn't mention the DOS thing, but it sounds EXACTLY like what you are describing.  EDIT 2: Oh, you found it. don't I feel silly :) "
Hahaha. Thanks for the help, regardless. Apparently was coded and released as a DOS program back in '96 and has simply grown since then. It's very likely you played an earlier version of it. "
Most likely, that would also explain why I could never figure out how anything worked. Who codes for dos in 96? Sheesh.
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Driadon
@nintendoeats said:
" @Driadon said:
" @nintendoeats said:
Hahaha. Thanks for the help, regardless. Apparently was coded and released as a DOS program back in '96 and has simply grown since then. It's very likely you played an earlier version of it. "
Most likely, that would also explain why I could never figure out how anything worked. Who codes for dos in 96? Sheesh. "
People that make programs that detail over 80 million procedurally generated star systems?
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Death_Unicorn
@nintendoeats: Thank you, sir!
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Question from the old thread: 

@X19: Please help, if possible. 

The game I am looking for was a game on the internet, not a paid video game. It was on www.coffeebreakarcade.com. In the "Cool" section.
The last time I played it was approximately 7 years ago. 
The game was a platformer. 
You played as a Ninja on a Skateboard that was trying to save his buddy, who was captured by aliens. 

That is all I remember from the game. I've been dying to play it again for years. I know its not a conventional video game, but if you have any help it would be EXTREMELY appreciated!    

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nintendoeats
@Death_Unicorn said:

" @nintendoeats: Thank you, sir! "

Again, google.

EDIT: I think I might be missing the point here, no more Google from now on.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By X19
@arab_prince: Thanks man will put it up again. 
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@X19: thanks a ton friend. Really hope someone can answer mine. Also, thanks for notifying me that the old thread crashed. :)
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By X19

• New thread is now updated. 
  • New layout and design.
  • New users please read through the first spoiler.
  • Archive added to first spoiler
  • Page is now stickied as you have probably already noticed.
  • Thanks for the continued support of the thread.
Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Zlimness

Ok I have a game I've been looking for a while now.

My memories are kind of vague, but I've tried to piece together as much as I can:

It was a 2D platform game and I played it on an arcade cabinet. I think it was before 96. If I had to guess, somewhere between 1990-1992. Possibly from Taito. I only remember the gameplay vaguely, but it involved water somehow. You played as a dude with flowing water powers or shoot water blobs or something. The graphics were cartoonish, think Rainbow Island with lots of colors and fruit and shit.

I know it sounds like just about every platformer, which is why I can't find this specific one. But it's an arcade game from the late 80's or early 90's and reminds me of Rainbow Island, Bubble Bobble. Just need help to pin down a few possible games. I'll probably recognize it as soon as I see it though. Since it was an arcade game, it was pretty frantic as well.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cookiemonster

@X19:  Cheers for the heads up. I've copy and pasted this straight from that other thread:

"Hmmm. He looked like Link from legend of zelda? And the graphics were pretty cartoony. And if it helps, I think the title was made up of more than one word."   

"Its a game I've been trying to remember the name of for aaages. It was for the Sega Mega Drive, and I think it was a side-scrolling platformer, based on that mythical/medieval style of shit (possibly). The closest game I can relate to it is that second Legend of Zelda game that was a side scroller. Sorry if my description is crap, but it was a very long time ago.   If anybody even has the faintest idea what I am on about, its a miracle. "
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By ESREVER

Leaderboards have been updated as well as the QotM. 
You need to stop breaking your threads man. Is there any way we can recover the unanswered questions from the old thread?

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By X19
@CookieMonster: Just before the old thread got locked Ignor left you a message. Is it any of these? 

@CookieMonster: *Phew* You're right, It isn't as easy to find as I firstly believed.  
However, I have narrowed it down to five games. I hope one of these is what you're looking for: 
No Caption Provided
Otherwise it may be Wonderboy in Monster World.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cookiemonster
@X19: I've youtubed them and they arn't the same one ;( I'm going to do a bit of digging in my attic to see if I can find some kind of manuel or something.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By X19
@ESREVER: The thread is now in three parts(this page, archive page, your page) so it wont happen again hopefully. I have PM all the users who had a question unaswered with a link to the old thread. Most of the questions are still in the spoilers so they just need to post them here. I would add them myself but I need new hyperlinks from them for this thread. Thanks for updating the page.
Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Zlimness
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By ninjakiller
@zlimness: God that game sucked, but I played the hell out of Enchanted Castle on Genesis.  And sad to say, again on PS3 in the form of the Genesis collection. 
cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cookiemonster
@zlimness: naaa I don't think so. Its like the same theme of the zelda games, all that mythical medieval crap. Thanks for trying though :D
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By X19

All the questions from the old thread have been moved here. If you have an answer for one of the question please reply to me. 
Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ignor

Here's a comment in the new thread so you can get a hyperlink on my name.

Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ignor
Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Kiemoe

Here's my comment so you can link my name. I have to admit, I totally fogot about this thread.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By X19
@Kiemoe: You might have forgotten about the thread but the thread never forgets about you until your question is answered lol

Thanks for the hyperlink.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By X19

• I have put the pending column back in.
  • Just click on "yes" to go to the pending answers list.
  • Should be all set up on ESREVER's end by the morning. 
LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By LackingSaint

Oh, and for the record the frog was incredibly anthromorphed; it stood upright, had large cartoony eyes and wore clothes.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By X19
@LackingSaint:  Is ESREVER answer right. 

I actually own this game I think. I went in my library of old PC games and found a game featuring a frog. The title of it is Spell It 3, and its by Davidson. The same guys responsible for Math Blaster and Reading Blaster. 
Hmm, on second thought, it might not be it. I can't find any other games featuring this frog as a character in different subjects. I'll post anyways, it might spur some folk's memories. 

I can't believe I forgot this one... Jump*Start 2nd Grade featured a Frog covering many different subjects. Frog's name was CJ and he had a Firefly partner by the name of Edison. 
That's more likely to be it. He may have featured in more games as well.  

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#44  Edited By LackingSaint
@X19 said:
" @LackingSaint:  Is ESREVER answer right. 

I actually own this game I think. I went in my library of old PC games and found a game featuring a frog. The title of it is Spell It 3, and its by Davidson. The same guys responsible for Math Blaster and Reading Blaster. 
Hmm, on second thought, it might not be it. I can't find any other games featuring this frog as a character in different subjects. I'll post anyways, it might spur some folk's memories. 

I can't believe I forgot this one... Jump*Start 2nd Grade featured a Frog covering many different subjects. Frog's name was CJ and he had a Firefly partner by the name of Edison. 
That's more likely to be it. He may have featured in more games as well.  

"
YES! JESUS CHRIST YES! THAT'S THE GUY!

Man, these games made me intelligent.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By X19
@LackingSaint: Thanks I have updated the thread
WpnX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By WpnX

@ Smedles  
(or @X19 rather)

Sounds like you're talking about Incoming:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
MoggyGetro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MoggyGetro
@zlimness:  I'm almost certain the game you're thinking of is Liquid Kids.

No Caption Provided
Does this look familiar at all?
Amtiskaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Amtiskaw
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By X19
@WpnX: Just to let you know I gave this answer in the old thread. I just sent him a message so we will see what he says. 
cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cookiemonster
@Amtiskaw:  I don't think so. Cheers for the suggestion though.