Announcement Trailer - Generation Zero (Avalanche Studios)

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

While looking into that Just Cause 4 leak, I stumbled across this announcement from Avalanche that appears to have gone under the radar. Game looks a little janky, not sure what the premise really is, but can we all take a moment to appreciate that synth work at the end of the trailer?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Judging by the blurb on the GB page, I guess it's a co-op Left 4 dead type thing, but robots instead of zombies? That's sound alright, sure!

Hope it's not a Call of Duty Zombies type of thing.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Great synths at the end there, but that trailer is...not great. Hopefully they'll have something more substantial during E3.

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

That person on the right at the end is carrying a boombox, so I guess that's all it takes to capture my interest. As long as its more Vermintide or Zombie Army than CoD:Zombies I'm in.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By ATastySlurpee

@theht said:

Judging by the blurb on the GB page, I guess it's a co-op Left 4 dead type thing, but robots instead of zombies? That's sound alright, sure!

Hope it's not a Call of Duty Zombies type of thing.

Well...that killed some of my hype... I thought it was like a Far Cry-clone with an optional 4 player coop instead of a L4D- clone...

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pezen

Some form of ”it is set in my country” is irrationally pushing my interest in this game. Recognizing the style of the trash can being that of a common ice cream company is giving me all sorts of childhood nostalgia, just to name one thing. Never thought I would see the day a bigger Swedish game studio would have the interest to put a game like this here. Here’s to hoping the game is actually good too.

cliffordbanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By cliffordbanes
steveurkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon Zero Yawn

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Oh damn it's set in the Sweden too? That's dope. That little tobacco store with newspapers on the side is very accurate looking. I will look into this if only to see the level/world design. Not often you get a lil slice of home in big budget video games!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The walking animation had the feet sliding on the ground very noticeably, which was pretty off-putting, to be honest. Probably something that won't be noticeable during the actual game but not something that is very appealing in a trailer.

cashking9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cashking9

Since i cant find anyway of getting in contact with devs does anyone know where i could find the proper outlet or way of talking to them, even if indirectly

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By glots

Avalanche Studios homepage has an email address, phone numbers and even street addresses for their Sweden and NY studios. They also have Twitter. Those should be enough?

As long as you’re not asking for personal contacts, so that you can directly contact individual devs to share ”great” ideas and/or tell them that they’re ”ripping off” Simon S. Maybe you aren’t, that is just what I usually assume with forum posts like these.

Actually, sharing ideas, whatever good or terrible, can be ok. But they’d probably prefer to hear those through a potential beta test or on forums, if they had any.

cashking9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: oh no no i have nothing but respect for avalanche but i just couldnt find any sort of contact because the twitter and email seems to be manage by a bot or automated service. I signed up for the beta of gen zero so if i get access im hoping ill be able to share an idea i have from watching the gameplay and trailers. Thanks for the info though!