Geoff Keighley Rips on Interviewer

• 406 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nixtwix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By Nixtwix

That Angry Joe needs to stop loving himself so much. What an asshole.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#202  Edited By shiftymagician
@Snapstacle said:
" @ShiftyMagician said:   
Also, @Geno said:
" All that would be valid complaints if, again, it weren't for the fact that Joe was completely clueless. If he had some legitimately good questions why didn't he ask them first? Why wouldn't he have suggested WoW: Cataclysm as an example for the MMO category instead of worst-RPG-released-in-recent-memory FF14 (and Geoff didn't lie about the release date, he was merely aghast that someone would nominate FF14 for best MMO)?"
Even though I understood your opinion and owl_of_minerva's opinion, did you just suggest to nominate an expansion to an already released game from years ago for MMO of the year?  That is my only gripe, as that idea makes no sense to me.  
Even though it's just an expansion, what MMO came out this year on PC that was actually successful? "
None that was worth anyone's time to be honest.  That is from what I remembered from this year's releases (If someone has a good candidate, please correct me).  That doesn't mean you have to bend the rules to get something to become MMO of the year if there are no actual contenders.  

Cataclysm isn't a full fledged MMO release of any sort, and builds upon WoW that was obviously not released this year.  Putting that as MMO of the Year would pretty much screw the logic of the whole system that surrounds what can be considered as a worthy candidate for awards of any kind, not just MMO's.

If a game released last year got an expansion this year, by the disputed logic, it would be fine so long as the lineup of full releases weren't anything special, with the expansion getting good reviews.  If you call it best expansion of the year, then that would make perfect sense.  It isn't a standalone MMO though by any means as it relies on assets introduced by an already released former game.
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#203  Edited By FCKSNAP
@ShiftyMagician: "MMO of the year" is a terrible name anyway. MMO's that are successful last years and every year of success is marked by new subscribers. The latest expansion is actually built to accommodate new users, so in a sense Catacalism is going to be completely new for a big chunk of users. 

I believe there shouldn't be such a category is all. Given that every traditional subscription MMO has failed since WoW has come out.
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By shiftymagician
@Geno said:
" @ShiftyMagician said:
Even though I understood your opinion and owl_of_minerva's opinion, did you just suggest to nominate an expansion to an already released game from years ago for MMO of the year?  

Or an equivalent (Cataclysm I think is a large enough expansion to justify such a nomination but he could've also gone for the new, high quality and well known MMOs like Allods Online, Mabinogi Heroes, etc.); the point was he mentioned by far the -worst- MMO out there at the moment as a candidate for a proposed MMO of the year category - something a hardcore gamer wouldn't do almost out of muscle reflex. And he does so with little reservation or afterthought - even after the fact when he's doing his analysis, which suggests that he isn't even aware why Geoff reacted the way he did to his suggestion for FF14 to be included in a Best MMO category. His claims of being a hardcore gamer are highly suspect given the knowledge, or lack thereof he displayed in his video.  "
That is definitely true.  No one in their right mind would think of nominating FF14 even if it was the only MMO release (technically making it an MMO of the Year by default if this hypothetical were the case).  That just shows he really had to dig deep to find some justifications for continuing to interview the way he did, which we both can agree were horrible to watch to say the least.
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By shiftymagician
@Snapstacle said:
" @ShiftyMagician: "MMO of the year" is a terrible name anyway. MMO's that are successful last years and every year of success is marked by new subscribers. The latest expansion is actually built to accommodate new users, so in a sense Catacalism is going to be completely new for a big chunk of users.  I believe there shouldn't be such a category is all. Given that every traditional subscription MMO has failed since WoW has come out. "
Too true mate.  MMO developers have not lifted their game yet.  

I still await to see if the Action MMO's in development will cause a stir though personally, as I like the idea of moving away from the dice-roll mechanic that has remained an MMO staple mechanic for battles for the longest time, to change things up at the very least.  Will it work properly is the question that has yet to be answered by any of the developers undertaking said action MMO's at the moment.  Should they get past that major obstacle, there could be a new gold mine for crafty developers to profit from.
BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#206  Edited By BBQBram

God this Joe guy is overacting his anger in a way that can only induce laughter in me right now. If he thinks he's representing intelligent, informed gamers then he needs to get real or class it up. But I can pretty much tell from the way he constructs his sentences that he is of less intelligence than Geoff.

And it's easy to hate on Geoff, and certainly the VGA is a pretty mundane lowest-common denominator type show, but at least it's videogames in mainstream media. And I just love Geoff on GT's Bonus Round, so, there's that.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#207  Edited By benjaebe

Perhaps the most annoying thing about this was when "Angry Joe" kept claiming he represents "all gamers" and he's "representing us, and when he disrespected me he disrespected us." It takes a special kind of smug to claim you represent a group as wide and varied as gamers, especially when you're main arguments boil down to bitching about the lack of an MMO category (why would ANYONE nominate FFXIV, the developers themselves think it sucks) or uninformed statements like corporate sponsored indie game awards when Mountain Dew doesn't even have anything to do with the VGAs in that capacity anymore.

Like them or not, Geoff has only been doing the VGAs for about three years now and they've come a long way because of him. Yeah, the jokes might fall flat and it still might be rather corny, but seeing Limbo get an award presented by Guillermo Del Toro, having Red Dead win GOTY when up against more mainstream titles like CODBLOPS, or having that guy perform "Far Away" was much better than I expected.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#208  Edited By Julmust

Goddamn Angry Joe... so full of himself, thinking he's some representative for tr00 gamurz. He comes off as such a douche bag, I agree that the VGA's are crappy, but come on, treat him with some respect. Obviously Geoff is gonna be more excited about the show and pay more attention to that than some dick from the internet ripping on his stuff, he's been planing this stuff for months. He wants to see it play out, so why wouldn't he be stressed out and wanting to be done with his interview. Angry Joe doesn't deserve interview time when he's so unprepared, and being so hostile about everything. "Best MMO"-category? FREE MMO's? Who the hell cares... Then calling out the rest of the gaming press as being assholes basically when he's aggressive and ask stupid questions. 

Show some class Angry Joe.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#209  Edited By Julmust
@HubrisRanger:
You have ScrewAttack, they're pretty funny at least.
Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#210  Edited By Lab392

Joe is suffering from some seriously unjustified self-importance. 

sixdemonbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By sixdemonbag

I had a neutral opinion of GK before this interview, my opinion stays neutral. 
I had no idea who Angry Joe was before I saw the video.  I probably won't watch another one after this. 
I had a negative opinion of the VGAs before, that is unchanged. 

I would rather have watched the Catacalysm girl interview Keighley, as it seems she would have sounded more professional and better prepared.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#212  Edited By MachoFantastico

No idea who he is and don't really care after that, Keighley isn't perfect either but he's certainly one of the best hosts in the gaming media and certainly entertaining. 

Cretaceous_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Cretaceous_Bob
@berserk007 said:
" Joe is a great guy who is  passionate about what he does and tries to come at his reviews from a real gamer perspective and you have to give it to him that he doesn't lob softball questions. I love how when the internet see's anybody new for the first time the first reaction is to shit all over them. I imagine more than a few of you shit all over Giantbomb until you finally migrated over from whatever other gaming site you called home.   Geoff Keighley looks like a complete corporate douche bag doing his impression of Tucker Carlson with his nose in the air looking down on anyone not in a bowtie. "
I love how the internet just shits on anything corporate. Yes children, anything that makes money is bad. Everything that nobody knows is great. Now go play with your blocks.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#214  Edited By Geno

Well if there was any good to come of this, it at least proved that meeting Felicia Day is basically not hard at all. 

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#216  Edited By Ineedaname
@TrueEnglishGent said:
" No idea who he is and don't really care after that, Keighley isn't perfect either but he's certainly one of the best hosts in the gaming media and certainly entertaining.  "
I agree totally with this, and having watched that video, Joe seems to have idea about what's really important.
gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#217  Edited By gla55jAw

This Angry Joe is a huge doucher. Why shouldn't Keighley be a dick when Joe is being an asshole about everything. The only thing I agree with Joe is "Who the fuck cares about Dane Cook?"

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Lab392

I love Hip Hop Gamer's cameo.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By VWGTI

This Joe fellow comes off as an idiot. He may have good intentions but he approached this the wrong way.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#220  Edited By ez123

That guy's terrible but I'm starting to think Keighley is too.I don't even care about PC gaming(until Diablo III comes out) but saying shit like "Can StarCraft 2 be GOTY when it's PC only?" is retarded.  I never knew he was executive producer of the VGAs, what a terrible job he's doing.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#221  Edited By Bwast

Some dude with a mustache started yelling at me from the bridge of the Enterprise and I turned it off.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Berserk007
@Cretaceous_Bob said:
" @berserk007 said:
" Joe is a great guy who is  passionate about what he does and tries to come at his reviews from a real gamer perspective and you have to give it to him that he doesn't lob softball questions. I love how when the internet see's anybody new for the first time the first reaction is to shit all over them. I imagine more than a few of you shit all over Giantbomb until you finally migrated over from whatever other gaming site you called home.   Geoff Keighley looks like a complete corporate douche bag doing his impression of Tucker Carlson with his nose in the air looking down on anyone not in a bowtie. "
I love how the internet just shits on anything corporate. Yes children, anything that makes money is bad. Everything that nobody knows is great. Now go play with your blocks. "
spoken like a true asshat
phanthomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By phanthomas

I can understand his anger, the way the interview went was not ok, with Geoff looking away and concentrating on everything but the interview, is more than rude. 

You don't have to like Joe for that. That are basic manners.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#224  Edited By nickux

When Geoff Keighley gets up on the morning he puts his pants on one leg at a time. Except when he's done putting on those pants he gets exclusive video game trailers.

Anyways, I've tried getting interviews with members of the video game community and while it can be frustrating how often you get the run-around, I can understand how busy Geoff must have been that night. Also, I don't think the VGAs are appealing to the most dedicated gamers but I think they appeal to the audience that watches Spike TV. Which is a shame. I'm sure there's some overlap there but I don't think it's hitting the audience we wish it were. 

Psych0Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Psych0Penguin

I dislike this Angry Joe gentleman, the whole "who votes for the VGA's?" backfired on him so he starting shouting "THATS NEWS TO US, HERE FIRST EXCLUSIVE!!". I knew that journalists voted on it (through Jeff on the podcast) a year or so ago and I don't even watch or have any interest in the VGA's. On the other hand, Geoff could have given him more attention rather than constantly looking away/ appearing bored. Both appear as douches, but Geoff wins because he doesn't make a video crying about it afterwards. 

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By onarum

whatever, the VGAs have as much significance to me as a dog turd.

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#227  Edited By EvilKatarn

Okay, going into this video I had no idea who this Joe guy is and what he does, but I did have respect for Keighley, who's a likeable fellow and does a good videogame show (GTTV). Also he had to defend Mass Effect on Fox in 2007 and that must've been a bad place to be in. I respect him. 

First off I had some sympathy for Joe. It looked bad, that Geoff rushed in when Joe was actually promised 15 minutes with him, but you don't know what the hell was happening. Maybe Geoff was giving CPR to a dying baby outside. Although probably not, there is the possibility that they were really busy and Geoff rushed in just so that Joe could have an interview to take home, not wanting him to go back empty handed.  

But as soon as Joe opened his mouth, saying: "I have a bone to pick with this fellow!" I gave up on him. You are a fucking small-time little "comedic" game reviewer (I believe) and you are given the privilege of talking to one of the most recognisable faces in videogames today and then call him out, like some big shot. It's stupid as hell and no wonder Geoff began with his "not giving a fuck" antics right then. He knew the interview wasn't going to be serious but still allowed it to last more than two minutes. Keigley gave the angry mexicanspaniard an interview and he should be happy with that.  

The Nostalgia Critic is the main dude at TGWTG site and he is more well known and never comes off as an asshole. Joe does.  

coryrx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By coryrx8

I'm not a fan of this Angry Joe guy since he seemed awfully confrontational, but I don't know much about him. That said, if the two of them were to have a "Who's the Bigger Douche?" contest, Geoff Keighley would win. I've always criticized the VGAs for focusing on celebrities at the expense of games (which is why the biggest name always wins Best Voice Actor, regardless of how phoned-in their performances are) and basically trying to "out-MTV" MTV, and Keighley's focus on celebrities was very obvious by how he rudely stopped the interview every single time a big celeb walked down the carpet. The guy doesn't care about games in the slightest, he just wants to schmooze with celebrities.
conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By conker

OK so it's Angry Joe's time of the month. Happens to the best of us :P. 

No seriously though, I dont see a problem with Geoff's response, I would probably do the same.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Psych0Penguin said:
" I dislike this Angry Joe gentleman, the whole "who votes for the VGA's?" backfired on him so he starting shouting "THATS NEWS TO US, HERE FIRST EXCLUSIVE!!". I knew that journalists voted on it (through Jeff on the podcast) a year or so ago and I don't even watch or have any interest in the VGA's. On the other hand, Geoff could have given him more attention rather than constantly looking away/ appearing bored. Both appear as douches, but Geoff wins because he doesn't make a video crying about it afterwards.  "
i know. geoff looked like a total moron gawking at b-celebrities.  
but at the same time angry joe is just a whiney little bitch who had some kind of dream of showing up and making Geoff crawl into a ball and cry about it and confess that he is totally right about it and will do everything he says.  You can tell during the press conference that Joe thought he was all clever and shit when he mentioned My Chemical Romance. Its like come on man, shut the fuck up. Then he offers an idea in the worst possible place. He was so utterly unprepared it looked completely pathetic. 
Avatar image for theherbivorousbig
theherbivorousbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean to tell me that random internet blogger guy ANGRY FUCKING JOE was not shown the respect he so obviously deserves?! 

I AM OUTRAGED. 

The fact that people are defending this self-important turd is hilarious.

MarvinPontiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By MarvinPontiac

This guy's gonna a hard time in the business if he needs to throw up a 9 minute response video for every interview that isn't sunshine and rainbows.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#233  Edited By WickedCestus

Geoff Keighley is a busy-ass man. I'm sure not very much of what happens in this show is his fault, most of it is marketers. Fuckin' Angry Joe ragging on him for something that happened in 2002, unprofessional. Joe should've done a lot more research. Most of the questions were completely stupid.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By haggis
@Akeldama said:
" Angry Joe is fucking stupid. End. "
This. And he doesn't know how to conduct an interview. I did quite a bit of reporting in the past, and it's not unusual to get stood up for interviews with people right before a major event. It happens. It's not always personal, and these guys don't always have full control over their schedule. Joe is, to be perfectly honest, a bit of a nobody. And demanding some sit-down formal interview? Seriously, he needs to calm down. This is exactly the sort of thing that happens when you get people with inflated egos clashing in public.
fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By fjordson

Angry Joe is far from the classiest interviewer out there, but I also still maintain that Geoff Keighley is far from the most pleasant of "gaming personalities" out there.

G4 sucks, but Adam Sessler is worlds better than this douchebag.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#236  Edited By Jeffsekai
@blackbird415: Then when he found Geoff he should have been all " Hey man when can we do that 15 min sit down interview" not OMG INTERVIEW TIME ^^
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Brendan
@TwoOneFive said:
" @Psych0Penguin said:
" I dislike this Angry Joe gentleman, the whole "who votes for the VGA's?" backfired on him so he starting shouting "THATS NEWS TO US, HERE FIRST EXCLUSIVE!!". I knew that journalists voted on it (through Jeff on the podcast) a year or so ago and I don't even watch or have any interest in the VGA's. On the other hand, Geoff could have given him more attention rather than constantly looking away/ appearing bored. Both appear as douches, but Geoff wins because he doesn't make a video crying about it afterwards.  "
i know. geoff looked like a total moron gawking at b-celebrities.  
As the guy who spent a crapload of time trying to put it all togethor, he's probably just doing his job, which is to meet and be personable with these people.  I'm not some big Geoff Keighley fan, but it's pretty obvious that he's trying to be proffesional and do his job, not slobber all over the people he invited to be there.
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joe didn't come off particularly well, but I can see exactly where's he's coming from. 

Don't really get a lot of the comments saying that he's in the wrong/came off worse.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#239  Edited By wrighteous86
@berserk007 said:
" @Cretaceous_Bob said:
" @berserk007 said:
I love how the internet just shits on anything corporate. Yes children, anything that makes money is bad. Everything that nobody knows is great. Now go play with your blocks. "
spoken like a true asshat "
Classy response.  I can see why you're a fan of "Angry Joe".
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#240  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I think gamers looking to get something from a Spike TV event of any kind is fucking ridiculous, and that there has to be some diversity in the media that covers our favorite industry for fear of even more audiences from being alienated. If you want something better than the VGAs, look no further than your favorite industry news outlets, and stop bitching about how commercial and stupid the VGAs are. They don't matter in the industry beyond getting really good reveals, and they get those reveals because they have a big audience thanks to their mainstream approach. I think for me the VGAs are totally uninteresting beyond the awesome reviews, but I also know that you KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO (isn't that what Jo kept saying in the intro?) when you watch a Spike event of any kind, even on video games. 

Angry Joe is an idiot, there are not "so many MMOs" that would be good for the VGAs. You have like... WoW? Aion? Which I think came out this year maybe? Also when did a FF MMO come out this year in anything but a BETA form? Oh right, the one that NEVER WOULD STAND A CHANCE. 

Seriously, such an idiot. You don't go to a LIVE FEATURE PRODUCTION on a big cable station expecting a good fucking interview with lots of flexible time. Especially with the fact that they were working with finicky technology that had to work, and because of that they had to have really good time on the show. So no shit the son of a bitch had no time, how about you sit down with him a couple of weeks before or after when you know he'll have fucking time. 

Stop wanting something designed for you everywhere. There is a reason why I don't watch EVERY FUCKING CHANNEL IN EXISTENCE, it's because they are all designed for a particular audience, no matter how wide or narrow that audience is. I am happy for the VGAs, because I know there are people who play games who don't get giddy as shit over the announcement of Persona 5, who don't feel chills when they get tiny details on whatever game they are following. I know there are people out there who watch Spike (which I would NEVER watch for anything but the VGAs) AND like video games at the same time, and want something different than what passionate gamers want. 

Also as someone who thinks that Music in games needs to be recognized way more than PC games.

But yeah, who the fuck does care about Dane Cock? Sorry, Cook .

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Jeffsekai
@Apathylad said:

" @Thunderhead said:

" I think this article perfectly sums up how I feel about this whole situation.
http://thebusystreet.com/2010/12/14/angry-joe-plays-hardball-and-strikes-out/ "
  " True to his racial stereotype, he made his so-called Angry Joe Army do all the work for him and come up with all the interview questions."  >.< "

I mean, come on! Real reporters get sit-down interviews, why not Joe? WHY NOT JOE? Oh, right…because Joe’s just some punk-ass internet dipshit with a camera. I doubt the Superman shirt helped his respectability any.

Just because you’re a Latino with a gay moustache doesn’t mean you’re Geraldo, dude.

This is the best website ever made hahaha 
Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I think both are douches, but this Angry Joe cat is by far the bigger douche

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Cazamalos

that video looks like made by a  randon buthurt fanboy  on youtube 
Geoff pwned that Joe hard 

now speaking of VGA's , they do need more video games  related shows there
but whatever, it's their show and they do whatever they want with it, and i'm fine with it if they keep releasing badass teasers

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Pinworm45

I fucking god damn hate Angry Joe and I hold him entirely responsible for ruining SpoonyOne, because ever since they collabbed for whatever fucking reason Spoony has sucked. 

Fuck Angry Joe. 

That's all my input.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#245  Edited By damswedon
@Fjordson said:

" Angry Joe is far from the classiest interviewer out there, but I also still maintain that Geoff Keighley is far from the most pleasant of "gaming personalities" out there.  G4 sucks, but Adam Sessler is worlds better than this douchebag. "

Reading that in Michael Pachter's voice made that sentence sound really strange, but I agree completely. 
Adam Sessler  might  use self deprecating humour too much but he always seems like a guy I would want to just listen to. 
Geff Keighley never comes across that way.
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#246  Edited By ProfessorEss
@damswedon said:

" @Fjordson said:

" Angry Joe is far from the classiest interviewer out there, but I also still maintain that Geoff Keighley is far from the most pleasant of "gaming personalities" out there.  G4 sucks, but Adam Sessler is worlds better than this douchebag. "

Reading that in Michael Pachter's voice made that sentence sound really strange, but I agree completely. Adam Sessler  might  use self deprecating humour too much but he always seems like a guy I would want to just listen to. Geff Keighley never comes across that way. "
Could you imagine if that was Sessler that Joe was trying to "bone pick" with instead of Keighley?
Sessler would've shredded him so suddenly, soundly and thoroughly that he'd still be standing there now, holding his mike, catatonic and drooling.
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#247  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@WickedFather said:
" Did anyone read the thread title as "Kiera Knightley Strips Off In The Shower"? or have I had too much homebrew? "
How I wish such a thread existed
Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Berserk007
@Wrighteous86 said:
" @berserk007 said:
" @Cretaceous_Bob said:
" @berserk007 said:
spoken like a true asshat "
Classy response.  I can see why you're a fan of "Angry Joe". "
I never said I was a "fan", but that doesn't stop me from being blind when I watched the video. Geoff is an obvious anal retentive asshole who loves to act like his shit doesn't stink.when questioned on the validity of this piece of shit VGA. I would like to see how anyone else would do when they expected an actual interview and were told 2 minutes go, the only reason I defend Joe is because the VGA's do not in any regard represent gamers. It represents advertising and thats about it
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#249  Edited By LordAndrew

Geoff went easy on him.

Was Angry Joe really angry? It's all just an act, right? So he probably doesn't actually give a damn. If he does... Well, then he's just a whiny baby.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By fjordson
@ProfessorEss said:
" @damswedon said:

" @Fjordson said:

Reading that in Michael Pachter's voice made that sentence sound really strange, but I agree completely. Adam Sessler  might  use self deprecating humour too much but he always seems like a guy I would want to just listen to. Geff Keighley never comes across that way. "
Could you imagine if that was Sessler that Joe was trying to "bone pick" with instead of Keighley? Sessler would've shredded him so suddenly, soundly and thoroughly that he'd still be standing there now, holding his mike, catatonic and drooling. "
I wish it had been him. It sucks that Sessler is relegated to his half hour block on G4 while Geoff scoops up all these world exclusives for GameTrailers and gets to produce the VGA's. I think Sessler at the forefront of video games on television would be better for everyone.