Locked (thing) Locations / Clues (possible spoilers)

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

So I just finished the game and love it - but there is at least one combination I haven't found so I thought I'd post the two I did find (read: the obvious ones) and hope to get help with the one(s) I didn't.

So!

• Sam's Locker (Sam's Room): 0501 Found through picking up her note about secret panels -> searching all of the panels to get the combination (required for progression)
  • Terrance's Filing Cabinet (Study): 0451 Found written on the folder in the corner of the library where you find a note from his editor.
  • Safe (next to the servant's quarters): 1963 Found written on the wall right near the safe.

If you could post the clues or combination safes you found that I didn't, that'd be great - especially as you can keep exploring the house after the end.

Update: Figured the safe one out.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You know what's funny? When I found the first file cabinet, I put in a certain number I thought would be important since it's all over the dad's office, but was disappointed when it turned out to be a completely different number. Imagine my surprise when the original number I tried actually turned out to be the safe combination.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh no, I forgot about the Safe! I remember seeing it and walked right past it assuming I'd find a number in the next room but my interest must've been drawn elsewhere.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I feel like I should just input 0451 into every video game safe I find >_> It's bound to work at least once in every SS2-inspired game...

Also, I feel crazy for having just straight out guessed 1963. I saw that year written in an article somewhere and I just tried it and it worked :| I didn't see it written on the wall anywhere though...

ZackMorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Not at all crazy, I actually tried that combo on the filing cabinet. If anything actually using that combo was too obvious. Also it wasn't just printed in an article

1963 was the year of the Kennedy assassination and there is a lot of emphasis on that event.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The one I was really surprised by was all of the mentions of a specific year with reference to the cat. To my knowledge - though I haven't been keeping tabs on secrets - it wasn't used anywhere even though it was in some perfect positions to be a clue.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@beachthunder: Not at all crazy, I actually tried that combo on the filing cabinet. If anything actually using that combo was too obvious. Also it wasn't just printed in an article

1963 was the year of the Kennedy assassination and there is a lot of emphasis on that event.

Yep, I realise that now. I suppose 1963 must have really been subconsciously drummed into my head throughout the game. It was certainly the first number that sprang to mind when I looked at the safe.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Thanks for the safe clue!

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Thanks for the safe clue!

Crid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The combination to the safe is also on a piece of paper under the hidden door into the spare bedroom.