Anyone want a buddy pass?

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've got a buddy pass for Stadia, is anyone here interested in it?

Avatar image for deactivated-647f76b346730
deactivated-647f76b346730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skullpanda1: I'd be interested in trying it if you don't mind

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just sent a DM over with the info from the email I got. This month's free pro stuff is Destiny 2 and Samurai Showdown, next month is Farming simulator and the first Tomb Raider.

Hope you have fun!

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Join me on Stadia! Use my Buddy Pass code to get a three-month trial of Stadia Pro subscription. Details at g.co/stadia/buddy. Invite code: 5NWSBW4H2KHT71S2

Have at it. My Username is LeeHazelwood if you wanna add me too.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone still have a stadia buddy pass? looking to try it out.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah, if anyone has one lying around I'd like to try it out too.

kilroyandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone have a spare code? I appear to have a lot of time on my hands and zero pounds to my name soo....

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Stadia just got a free trial of Pro for two months.

https://blog.google/products/stadia/try-stadia-free-today

We’re facing some of the most challenging times in recent memory. Keeping social distance is vital, but staying home for long periods can be difficult and feel isolating. Video games can be a valuable way to socialize with friends and family when you’re stuck at home, so we’re giving gamers in 14 countries free access to Stadia Pro for two months. This is starting today and rolling out over the next 48 hours.

Anyone who signs up will get two free months of Stadia Pro with instant access to nine games, including GRID, Destiny 2: The Collection, and Thumper. You can purchase even more games on the store, which will remain yours to play even if you cancel your Stadia Pro subscription. If you’re already a paid Stadia Pro subscriber, we won’t charge you for the next two months. After that, Stadia Pro is $9.99 a month, but you can opt out of your subscription at any time.

If you’re new, playing on Stadia is simple:

With increased demand due to more people at home during this time, we’re taking a responsible approach to internet traffic. For Stadia, we’ve always adjusted bandwidth use based on a variety of in-home and local internet factors. To reduce load on the internet further, we’re working toward a temporary feature that changes the default screen resolution from 4k to 1080p. The vast majority of people on a desktop or laptop won’t notice a significant drop in gameplay quality, but you can choose your data usage options in the Stadia app.

Like so many people around the world going through this crisis, our support team has been significantly impacted, and our customer support functions are not running at full capacity. Please use our automated Help Center and, as you give Stadia a try, check out these helpful tips for setting up your home environment. Many of you will be new to Stadia, so we’ve also posted a Getting Started Walkthrough.

Have fun, stay safe, and we look forward to playing with you on Stadia.

POSTED IN:

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I honestly forgot Google Stadia existed.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By warpr

So, I signed up. Got the free trial for Pro, claimed all the games included with Pro.

And each of the games gives me this:

No Caption Provided

"Game not available"

Now, sure, I'm in Ecuador, so I run into stuff not available here all the time.

Presumably none of the games are available to me --- but Stadia doesn't show you that before you claim or purchase a game. So I don't actually know.

Perhaps these games work when I travel elsewhere and connect with a USA or European IP address, and in that case I guess it's nice that they don't prevent me entirely from signing up and buying games if I'm rich enough to spend money on games I can only play when traveling. But at least pop up some warnings -- and make it clear in the list of games instead of making me try each game 1-by-1. Wow.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I got the free trial and I think the tech is impressive. I have used a bunch of Nvidia GeForce Now service and it's clunky as shit and not particularly reliable either. The experience going from signing up to actually playing a game with my 5 years old cheap Lenovo X250 laptop was really nice. I played some of the free SteamWorld Quest game (good game I played on the Switch already) and it was great. That's a game that suits this kind of service well.

So pretty cool... until I went and scrolled through the "All games" -list. I mean I knew it was bad but it took me maybe 30 seconds. There is just absolutely nothing to play here. I would seriously think about using the free tier and buying a game if something like Civ, XCOM or Stellaris was available. It would be super cool to play those anywhere in a browser. Maybe that will be a thing at some point if Google doesn't shut this thing down.

It's hard to believe the way they have bungled this thing up. It's Xbox One levels of bad. There is so many misteps it's hard to count them, but almost nothing they hyped up before launch came true.

UrbanZubr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I just signed up for the pro trial. Mainly to see if I can mes around w destiny, and to be honest its kinda great to be able to do it on my phone or laptop without having to install the game. If they add in COD and I font have to sacrifice 200 gigs + have it on the go I think this is a good proposition.

BobaTrainwreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For my personal setup, Stadia is the best way for me to play games (not counting Switch). I can play anywhere in my house or yard on my Chromebook, without any bit of perceivable latency, in a much higher graphical fidelity than playing on my aging 8+ year old PC (except for my upgraded GTX 1060). I have a PS4 Pro, but the fans are a jet engine, so I hate even turning that thing on except when I want to play COD:MW.

Stadia is the future, and hopefully haters stop being so salty and give it a try.