Gotham Knights is exactly what it sounds like it is

• 69 results
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@2headedninja: I haven’t played any of these in years but at the time I remember being incredibly disappointed in City for its largely pointless and empty open world that added a lot of busywork. Flying back and forth around that curve was a huge pain. The Riddler trophies reached an absurd level of saturation. To reiterate, haven’t played them in a while, but I can’t remember it doing anything “better” as much as there was just a lot more of everything. Of course I’m certain they fine tuned the combat.

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sombre: I miss Ryan. I miss old Giant Bomb.

2008 - 2013 was the golden age of Giant Bomb.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So I guess Suicide Squad's pitch is Sunset Overdrive meets [Insert 4 Player Co-Op 3rd Person Shooter Of Your Choice Here]? That's...man, I dunno. Better than a being a full on Destinyalike I suppose but also that being the result of years of waiting for Rocksteady to do something is pretty meh. Hope we don't have to wait a full year before gameplay comes out.

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping the poor responses to the avengers game will help craft both this and the suicide squad games. So the franchise I actually like(the Arkham games) ends up being the best it can.

Personally I liked playing as the side characters in the Arkham games anyway, so having a full game of that will be great. I just hope it still has the feel of Arkham city and isn't small encounter based missions(like avengers).

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@humanity: That's a good point about Rocksteady. What do you think the odds are that this was initially a game with the Suicide Squad movie as a setting, but that movie wasn't well-received so they scrapped it and came up with their own story?

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope it still has the feel of Arkham city and isn't small encounter based missions(like avengers).

From the Q&A on the Fandome stream it sounds like it's going to be a full open world as opposed to siloed off areas like Avengers.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly Suicide Squad really took the wind out of this game sails for me. Like if I'm goin to play a Destiny esc multiplayer dc game, it'll be the one that's not restricted by being exclusively attached to the Batman mythology.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Gotham Knights sounds like a Batman version of Hyrule Warriors.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@bladeofcreation: somehow I don’t see Rocksteady signing up to do a basically co-marketing project - those sorts of games are handed off to smaller studios and are meant to be cheap tie-ins on a budget. I honestly have no idea what they’ve been doing. Either they haven’t been working on it for very long or they’ve been working on it for ages and are now doing some work to modernize it? Arkham Knight came out mid-2015. Games have went through several phases in the last 6 years. Were on the cusp of new console hardware.. since it’s releasing sometime in 2022 which is going to be several months into the new console lifecycle maybe they’re doing the work to upscale some textures and change some stuff around to make use of the new technology?

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Looks really, really boring. They ran out of ideas after City, where they actually added combat and movement stuff that was a lot of fun. Really too bad. The idea of "running" Mr. Freeze and having damage numbers fly off of him...ugh. I can already feel the monotony of it.

I think if someone made a MGSV style stealth game with this framework I might be really into it. Seeing a "stealth" game as a co-op thing looks fun, but honestly this sort of game just doesn't seem compelling to make into a loot 'em up.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By Onemanarmyy

@gundato: Gotham City Imposters.

I actually played it for a few hours and it had some fun gadget trickery going on. Not all that bad honestly. Felt like a decent pre-cursor to Nosgoth, but both games are dead and gone now, so what do i know :D

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

I was more excited when I thought this was a sequel to Arkham Knight (WB Montreal would be the perfect antidote to that game's medicore boss fights, and the story left off an excellent cliffhanger), and while I'm glad to see a less grimdark version (looooooove that modern Batgirl costume), this feels very also-ran.

It feels like they put their eggs in the basket of chasing Marvel's game, but now that it looks like that's not gonna be so great, they'd have been better served doing their own thing.

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not impressed at all.

Damage numbers and bars above enemies is such a turn off in Batman game.

I'm afraid they'll waste amazing Court of Owls storyline on this game.

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t know if they put gameplay for suicide squad, but the trailer made me think that these two games are Basically same thing. Four character action game probably with similar mechanics. Only one is going to be zaney

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think some amount of cautious optimism is fair with these two games. The hope is that WB Games sees the reaction to the Avengers' monetization model and course-corrects appropriately.

A Batfamily game using pieces of the Arkham skeleton for its framework sounds really appealing to me—someone who really enjoyed all of the Batman Arkham games—and I'm willing to give both WB Montreal and Rocksteady the benefit of the doubt until they're proven guilty of something worse.

insomniak08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have very little interest in this. Unfortunately it doesn't look like a huge departure from what has come before and been done to death at this point. I like that you are playing as these other characters and if the story impresses then I could see myself getting this during a sale.

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Health bars, enemy levels, co-op.
This is not Batman game I wanted....

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotham Knights sounds like a Batman version of Hyrule Warriors.

or an 80s prog metal band.