gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

It's due to COVID-19.

Well, I hope the developer can polish this game furthermore to make it as good as Gran Turismo 4 or even better in terms of features, career progression and driving physics.

Here is one of the articles I've found:

Gran Turismo 7 gets pushed back to 2022 • Eurogamer.net

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 bigsocrates  Online

A Gran Turismo game getting delayed? Why that's as shocking as if the sound of the cars in the game had a high degree of verisimilitude!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gtxforza

@bigsocrates said:

A Gran Turismo game getting delayed? Why that's as shocking as if the sound of the cars in the game had a high degree of verisimilitude!

Well, all we can do is wait for it, there is nothing bad about games being delayed because the developers can have extra time to polish before releasing them.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bigsocrates  Online

@gtxforza: Delays aren't inherently bad and yeah, of course all we can do is wait for it, but the Gran Turismo team has been spinning its wheels (no pun intended) for a long time now. They basically took the 8th generation off (they did release Sport, but that was definitely a stopgap game for the series) and clearly they're having development issues, which may or may not relate to the perfectionism.

The Gran Turismo games were a revelation when they came out for the PS1, and it was once an essential Sony franchise, but at this point it has a lot to prove. Sport has its fans but it also has a 75 metacritic (those scores aren't everything but provide a rough approximation of a game's reception.) 6 got an 81. They're solid games but no longer reliably best in class.

I hope that GTA 7 comes out and blows everyone's doors off. Maybe it will launch alongside the new PSVR and be the best VR racing game ever made. That'd be fantastic. I'm just worried that the troubled development might reflect in the final product. It doesn't always, but it sometimes does.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gtxforza

@bigsocrates said:

@gtxforza: Delays aren't inherently bad and yeah, of course all we can do is wait for it, but the Gran Turismo team has been spinning its wheels (no pun intended) for a long time now. They basically took the 8th generation off (they did release Sport, but that was definitely a stopgap game for the series) and clearly they're having development issues, which may or may not relate to the perfectionism.

The Gran Turismo games were a revelation when they came out for the PS1, and it was once an essential Sony franchise, but at this point it has a lot to prove. Sport has its fans but it also has a 75 metacritic (those scores aren't everything but provide a rough approximation of a game's reception.) 6 got an 81. They're solid games but no longer reliably best in class.

I hope that GTA 7 comes out and blows everyone's doors off. Maybe it will launch alongside the new PSVR and be the best VR racing game ever made. That'd be fantastic. I'm just worried that the troubled development might reflect in the final product. It doesn't always, but it sometimes does.

I believe that FIA was responsible for forcing Polyphony Digital to make GT Sport more like an online game rather than a proper traditional single-player game.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bigsocrates  Online

@gtxforza: That may be true, but 9 years between numbered entries with one spin off in between is a long time, especially for a developer that doesn't work on other stuff.

I hope the game will be good but I really do wonder what's going on with that developer.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: That may be true, but 9 years between numbered entries with one spin off in between is a long time, especially for a developer that doesn't work on other stuff.

I hope the game will be good but I really do wonder what's going on with that developer.

I hope so too, I wonder how long will Gran Turismo Sport's online servers last when GT7 releases?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I'm unsurprised.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:

I'm unsurprised.

Yeah, everyone hates Covid-19 because it delays a lot of entertainment products in general, plus I've heard heaps of people got infected too.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@gtxforza: To be honest I didn't even consider the pandemic at first. Polyphony Digital makes some great driving games, but they rarely ship them on schedule.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:

@gtxforza: To be honest I didn't even consider the pandemic at first. Polyphony Digital makes some great driving games, but they rarely ship them on schedule.

I agree that Polyphony Digital is a good studio.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bigsocrates  Online

@gtxforza: The Motor Toon Grand Prix lover has logged on.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: The Motor Toon Grand Prix lover has logged on.

Sorry, I don't like Motor Toon Grand Prix.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bigsocrates  Online

@gtxforza: Imagine the reaction if they announced another one...coming before GT 7. They should do that for an April Fools joke. Announce that GT 7 has been delayed so Polyphony can put out Motor Toon Grand Prix 3. Say that they've spent the last 5 years trying to perfectly recreate the sound of Fred Flintstone's feet.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@gtxforza said:
@bigsocrates said:

I hope so too, I wonder how long will Gran Turismo Sport's online servers last when GT7 releases?

I said this in a previous thread, but think about how many Forza games Turn 10 Studios has made or Dirt games Codemasters have made since the last time Polyphony Digital released a proper numbered Gran Turismo game.

The answer is: 5 Forza titles (Motorsport & Horizon combined) & 4 Dirt titles (the main franchise & Dirt Rally combined)

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Very sad but not surprised. They take their time and do a good job. I'd rather that then pumping out barely iterative entries *cough* ;)

Looking forward to it. Probably Covid issues. Probably Polyphony's perfectionism. Maybe they figured they could put more dev time in since Forza Motorsport doesn't seem to be coming any time soon. Maybe new PSVR reasons, as cockpit games are one of, if not the biggest reason to use VR.

Is what it is. GT Sport is still damn good if you wanna mess around with the best looking cars in games /shrug

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very sad but not surprised. They take their time and do a good job. I'd rather that then pumping out barely iterative entries *cough* ;)

Looking forward to it. Probably Covid issues. Probably Polyphony's perfectionism. Maybe they figured they could put more dev time in since Forza Motorsport doesn't seem to be coming any time soon. Maybe new PSVR reasons, as cockpit games are one of, if not the biggest reason to use VR.

Is what it is. GT Sport is still damn good if you wanna mess around with the best looking cars in games /shrug

GT Sport's online is good but the bad thing is rammers (The players who carelessly ram into their opponents without remorse and empathy).

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

Honestly? I'm cool with that.

I bought GT Sport last year during a PSN Sale for $20. I was shocked at how much single player content they've put in the game. It was great. I got a good 30 hours in the game before I wasn't good enough to control the higher level cars. It was probably the GT I've played the most since GT3 back on PS2.

Totally got my fill and really enjoyed the game. I think I only spent about an hour with the actual online portion of the game. So, if GT7 is next year instead? That's fine. It'll give me more time to try and find a PS5 too.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyduck: That's nice to hear you enjoyed both Gran Turismo Sport and Gran Turismo 3.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza said:
@bigsocrates said:

I believe that FIA was responsible for forcing Polyphony Digital to make GT Sport more like an online game rather than a proper traditional single-player game.

Where did you hear that it was the FIA?

Having a "traditional" single-player component does not seem to be an issue for the FIA WRC games.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gtxforza

@wardcleaver said:
@gtxforza said:
@bigsocrates said:

Where did you hear that it was the FIA?

Having a "traditional" single-player component does not seem to be an issue for the FIA WRC games.

Just speculation.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe FIA's involvement was more than just a license. They put on FIA certified events, for starters. You can't do that without the game being multiplayer focused. I always figured that was the plan from the start, rather than something that was forced.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even without pandemic. This game was never coming out in 2021.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gtxforza

@haz_kaj said:

Even without pandemic. This game was never coming out in 2021.

Just like how Gran Turismo Sport was announced back in October 2015, scheduled to be release by November 2016 then delayed until October 2017.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do I smell a Gran Turismo 7 Prologue?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar said:

Do I smell a Gran Turismo 7 Prologue?

GT Sport is pretty much like GT7 Prologue to me.