#1 Posted by Zefpunk (807 posts) -

As I type this it is currently 12:35 am and I am downloading the (4.75 GB) heist download.

It is really happening.

So barring any patented Rockstar server issues, and bugs, (which is very likely) my PS4 says I will be stealing large sums of cash in 68 minutes!

Let's heist together duders! Post your various gamertags and PSNs and let's be a team for the ages!

PSN: MAAD_GEAR (come get you some teamwork)

#2 Posted by Mike (17991 posts) -

I can't believe that online heists are finally a thing after a year and a half.

#3 Posted by Zefpunk (807 posts) -

@mb: It really is bizarre. Even more so that they actually work (for now), and are really cool!

#4 Posted by Humanity (18646 posts) -

I kept waiting and waiting.. It's tempting to get the PS4 version to try them out but then again it's buying the game all over again for heists and that feels wrong somehow..

#5 Posted by mrflibble (132 posts) -

Only played one of the heists with a random person, it was fun. It was the same as the single player heists with set up missions before the actual heist. Each player gets a job, in the first one it was either driving or drilling. I was the driller and had to do a couple of minigames to complete the heist. It was pretty straight forward, I'm curious if they get more complicated.

PS4 PSN:LCoben

UK timezone

#6 Posted by FlashFlood_29 (4405 posts) -

But can you create your own heist mission?

#7 Posted by Goldone (180 posts) -

To anyone who has played them, are headsets required? I bought it to play online with one of my buddies who has since lost his ps4 and the last time I had the headset on with random people it was just racism non-stop.

#8 Edited by Samaritan (1729 posts) -

Count me in!

PS4 PSN: Progn0sticator (really wish I could change this stupid username from when I was 15 -_-)

Got a headset, Mountain Time Zone, free in the evenings and into the early morning.

#9 Posted by mrflibble (132 posts) -

@goldone said:

To anyone who has played them, are headsets required? I bought it to play online with one of my buddies who has since lost his ps4 and the last time I had the headset on with random people it was just racism non-stop.

I managed to complete one without voice chat, it made a couple of points a little harder but it's possible.

#10 Posted by Kazona (3399 posts) -

This might just get me to play some GTA Online again. Does anyone know if there are any level requirements? I believe I was level 39 when I stopped playing, which is undoubtedly way lower than the majority of players.

#11 Posted by mosespippy (4751 posts) -

My PS3 didn't auto update the game this morning so now I got to wait a bunch. Seems like only a 1.3GB download on PS3.

#12 Edited by Puchiko (846 posts) -

I'd be willing to play with a crew that is willing to use communication via headsets and would like to take it leisurely instead of rushing. I am so relieved the update also includes new freemode stuff so that I can still solo stuff.

#13 Edited by borklund (321 posts) -

I'm in!

PS4 PSN: BorklundSE

I have a headset, CET time zone

#14 Posted by Baillie (4711 posts) -

Anyone playing this on the Xbox 360?

#15 Posted by mrcraggle (3075 posts) -

I wonder if the GB crew will take a look at this.

#16 Posted by mosespippy (4751 posts) -

@kazona said:

This might just get me to play some GTA Online again. Does anyone know if there are any level requirements? I believe I was level 39 when I stopped playing, which is undoubtedly way lower than the majority of players.

Seems the lowest level heist is a simple 2 person job that unlocks at level 12.

#17 Posted by MOAB (626 posts) -

@mrcraggle said:

I wonder if the GB crew will take a look at this.

I would very much enjoy this.

Only 5 more weeks to PC release.........

#18 Posted by mosespippy (4751 posts) -

@goldone said:

I just played one where two people are supposed to snipe two targets simultaneously. It doesn't need to be exact, but it sure is easier when you are aiming at different targets. Other than that haven't had much issue through the first two heists.

#19 Posted by thedude1 (64 posts) -

Is there a GB crew for ps4? That would make it easiest to get duders together for leveling and heists.

#20 Posted by katimanic (209 posts) -

Any Xboxone owners want to do some heists tonight?

Add me and send me a message and I'll add you back. My gt is Katimanic

I don't know anyone else who owns this game.

#21 Posted by Devil240Z (5704 posts) -

I got to do the first heist last night but have not been able to connect reliably today and not at all for the last few hours.

#22 Posted by ian280291 (211 posts) -

PSN: ian280291

#23 Posted by HoboZero (442 posts) -

@captain_felafel: If only you could have predicted your future distaste in your username (sorry, couldn't resist ;))

I'm down on PS4 if anyone wants to add me, PSN same as username.

Is there an active crew anymore? I've been using http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/giantbombsquad simply because someone did a very nice job with the Giantbomb crew logo :)

#24 Posted by Samaritan (1729 posts) -

@hobozero said:

@captain_felafel: If only you could have predicted your future distaste in your username (sorry, couldn't resist ;))

HA! You got me there, good sir.

#25 Edited by PAkman5009 (48 posts) -

I am so excited about this my PSN: Pakman2920

I am playing on the PS4. I am on Eastern Standard Time and usually playing something at night. Feel free to add me and message me to play, even if I am playing something else. Let us loot all the money.

Avatar image for thatonedudenick
#26 Posted by ThatOneDudeNick (1563 posts) -

I've completed the first two heists as of this post. If anyone wants to hook up and won't rage quit after a few deaths, add me on PS4. Adding everyone above me now.

PSN: NMeck702

#27 Posted by JRM (355 posts) -

PSN: JRMSolo

#28 Edited by Nodima (2593 posts) -

PS4 PSN: Nodima

Got into my first invite right away but the guy who was the pilot kept intentionally crashing the plane which was pretty annoying, and then I had a half hour wait for one last player to join and then when he finally did and we got assigned our roles, the heist leader left the game!

#29 Posted by senrat (359 posts) -

PS4 PSN: senrat94

#30 Posted by redyoshi (1426 posts) -

PS4 PSN: ClydeFrazier

I've only done the first one so far. Haven't done any of the hacking stuff yet so bear with me. I'm just level 24 and cannot mic up.

#31 Posted by IroN1c (716 posts) -

I'm up for heisting, did the first one and then failed the Prison one multiple times with randoms. Anyway, I'm level 75 on the Xbox One: fLx IroN1c

#32 Edited by Puchiko (846 posts) -

If anyone wants to do a weekend crew on PS4, I am willing to upfront the costs and host. I don't really care that much about the money, I just want the unlocks that come from completing the heists. Mic would be highly recommend and patience as well.

I am level 92, My PSN ID on PS4 is PuchikoNyu and the time frame would be 1pm CST this Sat & Sun. Weekday evenings I am online after 5pm CST, but depending on the day, I only usually have an hour or two free. If you send me a friend request on PSN please mention GB otherwise i usually delete them otherwise.

#33 Posted by ehbunner (215 posts) -

Could really use more people to do heists with so will likely add everyone in this thread at some point this weekend, the matchmaking for this game is really disappointing(practically non existent)

For anyone who comes afterwards please do add and invite me - PS4 PSN: ehbunner420 please say you're from Giant Bomb(GB)

There's a good chance I'll be on with a friend as well, so you can often count on two people for your heist crew, if not three

#34 Posted by HoboZero (442 posts) -

OK, crews are shaping up, weekend is here - let's do this! Woo!

No Caption Provided

Also no Waingros please ;)

#35 Posted by Mercer (211 posts) -

On PS3, i got a headset, I'll be on when i'm off work (I work random days)

PSN: MercerB

#36 Posted by AnhmDucks (4 posts) -

On ps4. usually have a group of 3 with mics. Psn AnhmDucks please mention giantbomb or heists.