Passive Mode?

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

The online experience would be so much funnier and balanced if it actually worked!

For some reason you can be shot by other players while using a vehicle in passive mode?

I was trying to act as a get away driver for a guy robbing a store but he shot me like the immature kid he is

Evan Narcisse - Kotaku

"Passive Mode is a great option for people who just want to be voyeurs but it’s actually a little too inactive. I wanted Passive Mode to let me do all of the game’s stealing and shooting without having to worry about other players but it doesn’t. It essentially turns you into another pedestrian but one driven by a human not AI programming. For better or worse, if I wanted to see the best of GTA Online had to offer, I was going to have to submit myself to the occasional random assault."

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I put on passive mode and got ran over by some guy straight away. I turned it off after that

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie said:

I put on passive mode and got ran over by some guy straight away. I turned it off after that

Yea that's another flaw since players can just randomly run over you

Only thing I can think of is to somehow make it so your invincible to being ran over?

MrXakaRebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MrXakaRebel

I tried runnin over some guy who started a bunch of crap and went into passive mode, could not harm him. Did more damage to my car than I did to him. Thoroughly ran back and forth over him, pinned him between my car and the building, nothing. Maybe it not working sometimes is just another bug that needs to be fixed.

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShinjiEx

@mrxakarebel said:

I tried runnin over some guy who started a bunch of crap and went into passive mode, could not harm him. Did more damage to my car than I did to him. Thoroughly ran back and forth over him, pinned him between my car and the building, nothing. Maybe it not working sometimes is just another bug that needs to be fixed.

Interesting... that's weird I guess I'll need to do some testing of that while in passive mode

Plus I'm sure your not supposed be shot while using a vehicle in passive mode

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm guessing the discrepancies are due to the servers still being partially on fire

MrXakaRebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjiex: Yea the way they originally described it made it sound like it would work as long as you didn't fire your weapon.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I returned from a mission with $5000 and i saw a guy stalking me and eventually started to shoot at me. Luckily i had passive mode on. He eventually ran away.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I tried doing Passive Mode and pay the $100, but it told me I had insufficient funds in my PlayStation Wallet. I hope I don't pay that out of pocket. That would be terrible.

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_xp said:

I tried doing Passive Mode and pay the $100, but it told me I had insufficient funds in my PlayStation Wallet. I hope I don't pay that out of pocket. That would be terrible.

LOL what?

You need the $100 on you...

You can't draw from your bank to do passive mode

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjiex said:

@lord_xp said:

LOL what?

I think it might be a bug for the moment

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By monkeyking1969

If people shoot me, run me over; I just ignore them for the rest of the game. That way I'm ruining their fun while they ruin my fun....trolls want reaction which is exactly what I don't give them. Oh, believe me I'm annoyed when they shoot me, but mostly because my car is stuck in impound - so I have other problems that I need to solve before I can play into some troll's idea of playing the game.

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd recommend just starting an invite only world for yourself, then do your business in peace. Then just quickjob into lobbies and add people to your friends list.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything I've been hearing about Online makes me not want to play it. Unless it's with friends.

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrJorOwe

Great news, I'll continue driving round the city crashing into people on foot then leaving with no real investment in the game

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@probablytuna: it's just the economy that's the problem. No one would care about dying a lot of if it didn't cost a bunch of money compared to your earnings. Those financial losses hold you back from trying to have goofy fun. Last night I went around with some bomb crew doods and we evaded cops with a 4 star rating and died a lot - by the end of the night I had half the money that I started out with and apart from fooling around we did several jobs. The problem is the payout: we did a job where you drive to an enemy base, kill a ton of bad guys, steal a van and then defend it on the way back to the drop off - and the reward for this mission was $2000. Then the mission ends and some random guy runs you over and pop $2000 gone in a second.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@probablytuna: it's just the economy that's the problem. No one would care about dying a lot of if it didn't cost a bunch of money compared to your earnings. Those financial losses hold you back from trying to have goofy fun. Last night I went around with some bomb crew doods and we evaded cops with a 4 star rating and died a lot - by the end of the night I had half the money that I started out with and apart from fooling around we did several jobs. The problem is the payout: we did a job where you drive to an enemy base, kill a ton of bad guys, steal a van and then defend it on the way back to the drop off - and the reward for this mission was $2000. Then the mission ends and some random guy runs you over and pop $2000 gone in a second.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Things like suicide costs something like $500 and passive mode costs $100, that sucks. $100 isn't a lot, but why have it anyway if it's so minimal compared to how much money you will get? But then griefing is still annoying regardless of the money loss. For example, I was just browsing clothes when all of a sudden some guy comes in with a gun which kicked me out of the menu and just killed me. Not sure if I can turn off passive mode for things like that but it's still frustrating.

atlfalconsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By atlfalconsfan

I was driving on the interstate online and saw some guy just standing there, he shot twice killing me. I hope they change passive mode because it gets quite annoying getting killed from behind.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@shinjiex said:

@pie said:

Yea that's another flaw since players can just randomly run over you

Only thing I can think of is to somehow make it so your invincible to being ran over?

It also does not work if you are in a car. It more or less protects you IF you are not in a car and not ran over.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@lord_xp said:

@shinjiex said:

@lord_xp said:

LOL what?

I think it might be a bug for the moment

Its not a bug for some purchases you need the money on your actual person.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By darkvare

@lord_xp: you also can't pay hookers with money from the bank either not that i've ever tried or anything