The unsung hero of GTA V.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

That's right, you know who I mean:

Why it's the The Flight School Instructor!

No, I'm semi-serious. In the midst of a world that is swamped in cynics and ridiculously flawed caricatures, that guy stood out to me. He was perhaps the only person in that entire game that seemed like a normal person; there were no jokes, no wrapping him around in 'satire', just a simple fellow who tries his best to ease you into learning how to fly planes and helicopters. He'll praise you when you do well, and even if you're left with a bronze, he sugarcoats it and will push you on to do better.

There's just an honest enthusiasm about him, like he genuinely wants you to succeed. And for that, I salute you, Flight School Instructor Man.

...Of course outside of his flight school training he's probably a celebrity obsessed bondage enthusiast who hates his wife, enjoys bestiality, spitting on minorities, and every other ''shocking'' yuk yuk you can come up with, I guess.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

People keep talking about this mythical Flight School that you had to do in GTA5, yet i've never seen it.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zeforgotten

@tennmuerti said:

People keep talking about this mythical Flight School that you had to do in GTA5, yet i've never seen it.

It's there, but you're not forced to do it as some people think.

Most people are just very good at being obedient dogs.. I mean, doing what characters say "might be a good idea but not something you have to do" and then translate that into "DO IT NOW! OR NEVER COMPLETE THE GAME!"

But yes, he was a fun little character as well.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yummylee

I.. can't tell if you're being serious or not. O.o. It's the Plane icon right next to the entrance to the airport hanger; pretty hard to miss, hence my suspicion.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By bigdaddy81

@yummylee said:

@tennmuerti said:

I.. can't tell if you're being serious or not. O.o. It's the Plane icon right next to the entrance to the airport hanger; pretty hard to miss, hence my suspicion.

I never came across the school either. I figured one of the missions would send me over there at some point but that never happened. By the end of the game, I forgot about the Flight School altogether.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

Funny, I never met the guy when I was playing. Guess I never flew much.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@tennmuerti said:

I never came across the school either. I figured one of the missions would send me over there at some point but that never happened. By the end of the game, I forgot about the Flight School altogether.

Hmm, fair enough then. I went out of my way to do as much outside of the story as I could, so the Flight School was an inevitability for me. It's pretty fun anywhoo, and while flying isn't especially complex, there's a couple of cool stunts in there that it can teach you.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I got thru flight school thanks to Jackson with a J.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By spraynardtatum

The unsung hero is obviously Wade.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@yummylee said:

@tennmuerti said:

I think it's only actually mentioned if you take the loud shoot stuff option on the Merryweather Heist.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bigdaddy81 said:

@yummylee said:

@tennmuerti said:

I think it's only actually mentioned if you take the loud shoot stuff option on the Merryweather Heist.

Nah, that's taking the Freighter. Option B is the more stealthy "hijack the weapon on an island off the coast," which is the only time the flight school is mentioned in the story.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the Flight School was one of the best parts of the entire game.

In some respects, this is because it's basically Pilotwings with a better realized environment than Pilotwings will ever have. If it didn't have the load times, I'd like it better htan the actual game.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the flight school, though the only thing I don't see myself ever being able to get gold on are the two helicopter race things.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DystopiaX

@yummylee said:

@tennmuerti said:

One of the plans you can pick in the heist recommends you go to the flight school as a certain character. You probably picked the other way to do it, like I did the first time.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JazGalaxy

The flight school is mentioned many times. The only time I ever recall anyone advising you go, is when the fence guy asks you to do it during the heist prep, but I recall both Franklin talking about, or someone mentioning it to him. Michael also hears of it elsewhere.

I know that's vague, but I'm pretty confident of it. Also, there are at least 2 missions that take you right by the door to the school.